OVH Community, your new community space.

Routing and Remote Access Issues

markwell85
23-09-2013, 12:36
If I can get away with it I'd rather not use the fail over ip on the vms directly, I can that working without an issue, just when using private IP's the internet does not work with the way routing and remote access is configured to route through using the fail over ip

If this will not work then fair enough but I would have thought they should be away, the reason why it might not be working is as OVH make you use virtual MAC and this is what might be causing me the problems

marks
23-09-2013, 12:22
so you want to keep this routing of your VMs through the host, but at the same time, you want that the outgoing IP is the failover IP?

If I understood it right, then you could you routing but using the real IP. That wouldn't be bridge networking but using the IP failovers as the IP for the VM, and using the host server as a router (you'll need to configure that) .

Hope it helps.

markwell85
23-09-2013, 12:06
Hi

Yes I did mean private ip's

I can use fail overs directly yes, I was wanting to use private ip's on the vm's and use routing and remote access to route traffic from a private ip on the vm to one of the fail over ip's.

The I can configure port forwarding only to allow certain ports on the fail over ip

When I go to whatismyip.com I want it to say the fail over ip not the vm host.

Hope I have explained myself

marks
23-09-2013, 11:20
when you say "local IP" you mean Private IPs?

Not sure if I understood properly, but you definitely can use the IP failovers to grant internet access to the VMs directly, without going through the host system.

Check this guide:

http://help.ovh.co.uk/bridgeclient

markwell85
23-09-2013, 11:10
Hi

I have 3 fail over ip's I also have routing and remote access configured on the hyper-v host, I have internet working on the clients using local IP's

My question is can I use the 1 of the fail over ip's in routing and remote access and set a local ip on the client but route traffic through the fail over ip not the one configured on the hyper-v host, hope this makes sense