We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Project management tools

alicesmi1984
07-02-2017, 18:25
I am thinking that there might be a web based solution out there somewhere too !

https://vrender.com/

debby
25-08-2016, 10:47
I am a young professional and new to this field.
I am learning about the KANBAN approach and wanted to know some great Project Management tools through which KANBAN can be managed conveniently and is easy for non-technical person too.

Thanks

Nicolredmay
28-07-2016, 13:32
OrangeScrum. OrangeScrum is a project management tool for freelancers, agencies, and small to medium businesses. It includes features such as a scrum task board, resource planning, progress tracking, Kanban and Gantt chart views.

willieaames
09-10-2015, 13:15
I just found it this week too, we moved from Trello to Asana and it's been great so far. I wonder how long it has been active (I regularly look for better project management tools). Beside that we use Google Apps mostly and probably Hipchat once we get more people (we're only 3 so far).

garryabrams
30-05-2015, 10:25
You can also go for Protacto.com. The benefit of using protacto is that you can you can use it for free. One month you manage your work with its help, it is consisting all the main features which are must in a work management software. No credit card details are required for sign up. And after one month if you find it good you can continue by upgrading your account.

rohit176
15-03-2015, 21:09
You could try www.basecamp.com as well. Very easy and intuitive.

sveretenov
15-03-2015, 13:52
Many Project management tools you can find at articles on EF blog. Also it has writing service. EssayFormats APA essays or any different paper you can order of you want.

Jasgriff
02-10-2014, 00:46
Quote Originally Posted by NiAdd
In my company we use WORKetc because of the integration with invoicing and project management. It work pretty well for us. If you need a CRM for a small team or only for you it's best to write some features you need and test as many solutions as you can.
Just looked at Worketc and it looked good until I noticed it was $78 a month. I was looking at programs for a single user back then

I might give remine a bash

Daniel OVH
15-09-2014, 11:46
Redmine is a decent enough piece of code

NiAdd
10-09-2014, 13:27
In my company we use WORKetc because of the integration with invoicing and project management. It work pretty well for us. If you need a CRM for a small team or only for you it's best to write some features you need and test as many solutions as you can.

Daraiko
03-11-2013, 09:43
If you are looking for a self hosted solution i can recommend Redmine.

I use Redmine hosted in an OpenVZ Container on my server for managing my Software Development projects (also subversion repo is hosted on there).

http://www.redmine.org/

Jasgriff
26-09-2013, 00:06
I have just made an account and I am adding some bits to it. Thanks for all of the the suggestions I am looking at the others too.

Andy
25-09-2013, 23:57
It take some getting used to (still going through that process myself) but I'm told it's a great tool. We're currently adopting it at work (amongst various other new systems and processes).

Myatu
25-09-2013, 23:55
Pivotal looks quite nice. Not bad if you can have a personal version for free as well.

Andy
25-09-2013, 23:43
I should also note that Pivotal tracker also supports Agile setups.

Myatu
25-09-2013, 23:42
I like JIRA / JIRA Agile

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Especially because it integrates well with BitBucket. The self-hosted version is only $10 up to 10 users (which actually gets donated), or $20 with Agile. It gets pricier after that, but that's a one-off and if you have 11+ employees, you should be able to afford that

Andy
25-09-2013, 23:25
Try http://www.pivotaltracker.com/. It's free for personal use.

rickyday
25-09-2013, 23:18
Quote Originally Posted by Jasgriff
Yeah I have thought about MS Project. I am thinking that there might be a web based solution out there somewhere.
I can assist with Microsoft Project Professional 2010 license key if required.

Legitimate license I should add

JakeMS
25-09-2013, 22:44
Hi,

Personally, I use a combination of mantis n' git for web development, for everything else I just use a calendar, and a couple of text documents / spreadsheets.

If you need a little better than that this may be worth a read:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/open-s...-software.html

Jasgriff
25-09-2013, 22:05
Yeah I have thought about MS Project. I am thinking that there might be a web based solution out there somewhere.

macole111
25-09-2013, 21:56
I have used MS Project years ago, but hard to grasp though. I bet there is an open source program that would suit what you want to do.

-macole111

Jasgriff
25-09-2013, 21:45
Just wondering what tools people use to manage projects (if any).

I have been working on a few bits and I find myself writing emails detailing what has been done and what needs to be done. I have tried a few different ways of managing this including an excel spreadsheet which was actually really useful.

Looking on the internet there are lots of tools and I am hoping that someone in here will save me hours of trying things out and help point me in the right direction