We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Waiting 3 weeks for an EG - should I give up?


glidewave
07-10-2013, 12:52
You guys really need to fix that Anyway, Raid1 to 0 conversion is in process. Also, a nice addition to re-imaging would be allowing the entry of a hostname when reformatting.

Neil
07-10-2013, 12:13
Hi

That is right the OVH Manager can only do SoftRaid, if you have Hardware Raid then this overrules what the OVH Manager does, you will need to follow the guide I have mentioned or open a ticket.

glidewave
07-10-2013, 11:41
Neil, Soft Raid is not supported in Manager with these server configs.

Neil
07-10-2013, 11:05
Quote Originally Posted by glidewave
I received mine a few hours ago as well......

SHOCKING

Thank you, Neil for having/getting actual valid information!

Now to spend 5 days figuring out how to put the 2 3TB drives in a hard RAID configuration as Manager doesn't work right with this configuration.
The OVH Manager can only do SoftRaid, you can follow the guide here http://help.ovh.co.uk/HardRaidLsi for examples or open a ticket and we can do the RAID you want for a small chrage.

glidewave
06-10-2013, 12:44
I received mine a few hours ago as well......

SHOCKING

Thank you, Neil for having/getting actual valid information!

Now to spend 5 days figuring out how to put the 2 3TB drives in a hard RAID configuration as Manager doesn't work right with this configuration.

carlosdacosta
05-10-2013, 15:38
Well, amazing. The server was provisioned this morning!

glidewave
05-10-2013, 10:12
I've got my fingers, toes and small intestines crossed!

J.

carlosdacosta
04-10-2013, 15:12
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
The EGs in RBX will be delivered this weekend.
Thanks for the update Neil.

Neil
04-10-2013, 13:52
Hi

The EGs in RBX will be delivered this weekend.

carlosdacosta
04-10-2013, 12:38
Quote Originally Posted by glidewave
You are not alone... I've been waiting for an EG since September 13th.
Thanks glidewave. At least I feel a bit better that I'm not alone.

I've started looking elsewhere in the mean time - so now it's a race. Can I move quicker than they can end up providing the EG?

Curiously, I'm well prepared to pay more money as long as the service is there. Maybe that's something for Oles to consider when thinking about how to fix his business.

Jasgriff
03-10-2013, 21:06
Glide just order a new one from here!

http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/sla.xml

On a serious note I would have though that OVH would have got back to you today.

I cant see why these servers would be affected? I very much doubt that its due to not having the resource so it must be the stock.

Cant get my head around why they would mess you both about to be honest.

glidewave
03-10-2013, 20:37
You are not alone... I've been waiting for an EG since September 13th. The "72hrs" or other availability times listed on the website are a complete myth/joke and have been for at least half a decade.

You will continue to get "hopefully by the end of this week or early next week" until it is actually provisioned.

You will eventually get your server, but you will not be told a specific time..... so you have to consider your own business and if you can stand to wait....

carlosdacosta
03-10-2013, 14:07
Hi all

I've used OVH for my business for years, and have been happy all this time. Until now. We needed more capacity to support a new launch of our service at the beginning of October. So on the 12/09 I ordered an "EG 64G 2013 Reloaded Server" for an initial 3-months. At the time the website had 72 hours as the time required to provision. The payment was made immediately.

It's now been 500 hours and and still no sign of the server.

I've been in touch with support on the 19th ("We're looking towards the end of this week or early next week to have them delivered."), 23rd and 27th ("yes, your order is in progress though no ETA yet. The closing of orders is not affecting the previously placed orders."). Each day I check order status but there's been no change.

Has anyone else been delayed in this way?

I feel in a bind - should I get a server from another provider? (I really don't want to. And if I finally did, I would be inclined to move all my servers to them.) Should I keep waiting - hoping that the capacity we already have from our two older servers is sufficient?

Cheers
Carlos