OVH Community, your new community space.

Order process and time remaining

UK1
08-10-2013, 21:43
I find OVH innovative, but the shared hosting control panel is too complicated. Please can you change to CPanel?

avizeke
08-10-2013, 18:30
i think the reality is here guys is that olas doesn't consider customer feedback, partly due to there is so much negativity secondly, because his approach as a owner is like a bull in a china shop. Announcements are made last minute with no notice. Sorry but this is constructive olas.

I am now having to consider to breaking my business resources off into segments over different countries to compensate for the growth of activity in my business. I believed in OVH and this is a disheartening time as from what I can see here, you are no longer putting the customer first.

OVH is becoming problematic, and its now consistent. I feel another company crashing quickly if it doesn't change its business strategy quickly.

cartwright118
08-10-2013, 17:14
The VAC seems to be his baby, turn the bloody thing off...as it was before and concentrate on a new business model before faffing with it again.

The business model seemed to work fine until he went and screwed things up by offering a new VPS priced Dedicated server (and other things, of course). He can't seriously expect people to keep the same server if the newer servers they are bringing out at more powerful and cheaper than their existing one.

I don't need to rant...look no further > http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7508 That post says it all!

K.Kode
08-10-2013, 16:34
If that happens and it's forced then I'll return every single one of my servers and they will never see a single penny from us again.
OVH/Oles are playing Buckaroo with the company and customers at the moment, seeing how much crap they can pile on before we up sticks and leave. I've seen more reliable and consistent VPS vendors on LowEndBox recently.

Andy.
08-10-2013, 16:00
Octave Klaba, OVH founder and MD, goes over the decision to make dedicated servers "sold out".

Some scary stuff in there about realigning existing server renewal dates to one payment per month. I hope OVH give plenty of notice if they decide to go along these lines otherwise they may see another huge turnover spell.

LawsHosting
08-10-2013, 14:33
Quote Originally Posted by marks
management has to reassess the marketing to make sure that the company continue to grow properly.
Maybe if they, sorry, he, stopped posting on the Anti-DDOS list every 5 minutes, that might speed things up!

S0phie
08-10-2013, 13:10
Quote Originally Posted by ben1390
Does that include Kimsufi servers?
Yes, all servers (KS, SP, EG, MG, HG)

ben1390
08-10-2013, 13:04
Quote Originally Posted by marks
Now, there is an option to log the orders manually, but no ETA for a reply on that.
Does that include Kimsufi servers?

marks
08-10-2013, 11:46
well, the situation at the moment is very clear, as per Oles post:

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?p=54520&postcount=1

no new orders, no estimated time. Existing customers can renew their servers as usual, of course, there will be no change for that.

Now, there is an option to log the orders manually, but no ETA for a reply on that.

I know this situation is not great for your business plans, but our management has to reassess the marketing to make sure that the company continue to grow properly. We'll post here any updates about the situation as soon as we have any.

sdousley
08-10-2013, 08:31
I'm in a similar boat. I'm not even an OVH customer yet, saw the Kimsufi prices and thought I have to get me one of them.

But even as a brand new customer to OVH, I am seriously tempted to not even send my business their way now due to mainly the lack of communication from OVH.

avizeke
07-10-2013, 19:39
if you are not contributing to there drop off rate, or an exchange for better but simply looking to take on more servers, as in this will increase there business, then this should be ok I think. Exchanges for new systems I can see what they are saying there. But right now am waiting to order more servers, not cancel any... so I am left waiting with no waiting time at all.

for all I know we could wait till Christmas before orders can be made and if that's the case it affects my business growth and there for impacts ovh's credibility as am sure others are having the same issue I am.

anyone have any ideas as to how long its gonna take em to respond and open there gates of silicone haven.