OVH Community, your new community space.

SSH not working.

woofer
20-11-2014, 22:45
Hello,

I have problem with my vps in my ovh VPS 2014 Cloud 3
when I do reinstall ore reboot my vps says : An error occurred on requesting the reinstallation. (There is already 1 task(s) occuring)
An error occurred on requesting to reboot. (There is already 1 task(s) occuring) I do not know to ask the company to fix this problem but this does not fix regulate this problem Company ovh

I do not know what to do can help someone ore admins in this forum can you help me please
I am waiting for fix problem 5 days but not yet fixed problem company ovh still do not know how to regulate this problem

Regards

ShadowNet
11-10-2013, 15:18
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
I'll stick with centos
Yes in deed i will also be sticking with CentOS its a lot better and i dont feel uncomfortable using it at all one of the best Linux distros i have used in a while and now need for me to have a "linux kernel panic" when some i cant figure out.

ctype_alnum
11-10-2013, 13:56
I'll stick with centos

ShadowNet
11-10-2013, 10:20
HAr Har Yeah Yeah!.

Trapper
11-10-2013, 09:55
Quote Originally Posted by ShadowNet
After all this is only for testing purposes learn by doing after all, NOT everybody is a bloody expert with Linux.
I'm not a Linux expert either.

I do however understand the Thought Experiment that is Schrödinger’s Cat, and found it really funny that telling if the installation was "alive" or "dead" was so similar to the aforementioned Cat's fate...

~Trap

ShadowNet
10-10-2013, 22:49
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
You installed "Schrödinger’s Cat"...
You wonder why you cannot tell if it's alive or dead, without taking the lid off...
After all this is only for testing purposes learn by doing after all, NOT everybody is a bloody expert with Linux.

The only failure in life is the failure NOT to try.

Trapper
10-10-2013, 17:31
System (OS): Fedora Core 19 "Schrödinger’s Cat" (64Bits)
You installed "Schrödinger’s Cat"...

You wonder why you cannot tell if it's alive or dead, without taking the lid off...

Now that is ironic!

~Trap

Gibbs
10-10-2013, 17:07
So much rebooting and re-installing

When you say you can't connect what is the problem? Connection refused, dropped, etc? I would start by checking the ssh daemon is running then auth log, firewall rules, syslog etc.

This is all a bit vague

marks
10-10-2013, 16:53
The first initial attempt after rescue and re-installation of the server i am now unable to SSH in to the dedicated server?.

x2 reboots - NO FIX
x1 rescue mode - NO FIX
x2 re-installations - NO FIX

OK who at rbx as gone and broken something again.

//not kewl people not kewl.
well, dedicated servers should be perfectly up and running after reinstallation. If not, that is an incomplete installation.

I would suggest you to start again: backup anything you need (through rescue mode if problems) and reinstall from scratch. That should complete and SSH should be fully accessible.

ShadowNet
10-10-2013, 16:08
Quote Originally Posted by Kacotet
Care to elaborate?
Just look for some cron jobs that run every minute etc, (*back-doors)

Kacotet
10-10-2013, 14:38
How ever so far i have managed to SSH into the dedicated and had a good look round some files and found a Cron job and disabled some entry's there & after a reboot i am still able to SSH into the box kinda strange that after disabling a couple of the Cron jobs i am able to SSH in to the box.
Care to elaborate?

It might help others in the future.

JakeMS
10-10-2013, 12:19
And why not F19 ? each to there own!.
Most likely it's because most people regard Fedora as "unstable" as it's too bleeding edge.

But imo, Fedora is fine for the desktop, though I personally would not put it on a server, but that's me :-).

I believe in freedom of choice, so I'm not telling you not to use it, just merely telling you why most people would say don't use it.

(FYI: I used to use Fedora all the time, but now have fallen back to CentOS, and use Fedora in a VM for testing)

ShadowNet
10-10-2013, 06:16
Been there done that. NO FIX!

How ever so far i have managed to SSH into the dedicated and had a good look round some files and found a Cron job and disabled some entry's there & after a reboot i am still able to SSH into the box kinda strange that after disabling a couple of the Cron jobs i am able to SSH in to the box.

So at the moment all is good.

And why not F19 ? each to there own!.

glidewave
10-10-2013, 06:05
So you can ping the server, but not connect at all via ssh? (why on earth did you do FC19)? You may need to boot into rescue, log in, then chroot to your drive then turn off iptables for a start....

ShadowNet
10-10-2013, 05:52
Quote Originally Posted by glidewave
Shadow...

Ok, to clarify, you have done reimages and even with the login ovh returns, you cannot access your server via ssh? Can you ping the server from your location? What OS did/are you using?
Yes.

Yes the dedicated is ping-able from my current location.

System (OS):

Fedora Core 19 "Schrödinger’s Cat" (64Bits)

glidewave
10-10-2013, 05:14
Shadow...

Ok, to clarify, you have done reimages and even with the login ovh returns, you cannot access your server via ssh? Can you ping the server from your location? What OS did/are you using?

ShadowNet
10-10-2013, 04:38
The first initial attempt after rescue and re-installation of the server i am now unable to SSH in to the dedicated server?.

x2 reboots - NO FIX
x1 rescue mode - NO FIX
x2 re-installations - NO FIX

OK who at rbx as gone and broken something again.

//not kewl people not kewl.