OVH Community, your new community space.

RE: Changing the system hard reboot

marks
18-10-2013, 11:13
Quote Originally Posted by alex
Haha, as I had today reply from OVH UK support:

No inside communication - it's the completely a joke, I want to work guys for you. I hope you are getting paid for your jobs?
could you provide the emails headers of that first email? you only mentioned the text, not where it came from (for the writing, it could be just spam) . And if it came from OVH, with that "#server", seems it could have been a bug.

It would be good that you provide some more information when you ask a question. So we save some emails back and forth

alex
18-10-2013, 09:58
[QUOTE=cartwright118;56524]That makes NO sense at all and while we are on I hope this was said like this as a joke? > "it's the completely a joke, I want to work guys for you."/QUOTE]

The job on wishlist is because: I don't need to do anything, as no communication from main office, what the point answer the phone call or reply to customers, as the answer is "don't know" or "open the ticket" - can be pre-recorded as announcement. Simply come to office play on computer and at the end of the day with full satisfaction of the game go home - brilliant job

cartwright118
18-10-2013, 09:03
That makes NO sense at all and while we are on I hope this was said like this as a joke? > "it's the completely a joke, I want to work guys for you."

OVH's email reminded me of the YouTube below, it amused me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzuSOZN4T58

ctype_alnum
17-10-2013, 22:35
Quote Originally Posted by alex

No inside communication - it's the completely a joke, I want to work guys for you. I hope you are getting paid for your jobs?
After that I am wondering whether you write the automated emails? :P

alex
17-10-2013, 21:50

Dear customer,

I'm not sure what this email is about, sorry.

Kind regards

Marc
OVH Customer Support Adviser

Tel: 020 7357 6616
email: customersupport@ovh.co.uk

alex
17-10-2013, 10:10
I had the following message today from OVH:

We detected a failure in the system of hard reboot of
your server #SERVER#.
To offer a service under conditions always optimal,
we will change it this Thursday, October 24 at 6.

The operation will run like this:
- Stop your server in software.
- Change the system hard reboot
- Restart and check the ping response from your server.

The operation is managed entirely by our team present on site,
you have nothing to do.

Thursday, October 24 at 6, AM or PM? Can you do a proper messages? if it's PM, no thank you I am not accepting this crap, as no one in UK office and the rest people are don't understand the English or don't speak!!!