OVH Community, your new community space.

New server orders and new business plan eta

jonlewi5
18-10-2013, 21:52
Quote Originally Posted by Jasgriff
But not in spain

I think we were just questioning the European rule that you had to offer your services across every country in europe
so it seems, i didnt know that actually
Ah yeah...thatll teach me for not reading the entire thread

Jasgriff
18-10-2013, 21:36
Quote Originally Posted by jonlewi5
The sky sat footprint is actually all over europe. They do provide services in europe.
for example : http://www.sky.it/

Im guessing it is just like ovh, subsiduries (spelling...) etc
But not in spain

I think we were just questioning the European rule that you had to offer your services across every country in europe

jonlewi5
18-10-2013, 21:32
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
I think if it is something like Sky that can be UK only as they can't provide it anywhere else without significant investment. But the VOIP should be UK also... I don't understand why they have got rid of it just for the UK...

-macole111
The sky sat footprint is actually all over europe. They do provide services in europe.
for example : http://www.sky.it/

Im guessing it is just like ovh, subsiduries (spelling...) etc

macole111
18-10-2013, 20:40
I think if it is something like Sky that can be UK only as they can't provide it anywhere else without significant investment. But the VOIP should be UK also... I don't understand why they have got rid of it just for the UK...

-macole111

Jasgriff
18-10-2013, 19:34
Thinking about it Sky is UK only too!

Vmlweb
18-10-2013, 19:18
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
Well, is far as I remember France is in EU so by law they can't refuse sale to a citizen of another member state. Basically, they can't do "French only" sales.
So this is exactly what they've done with VOIP. France only.

Jasgriff
18-10-2013, 18:49
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
Well, is far as I remember France is in EU so by law they can't refuse sale to a citizen of another member state. Basically, they can't do "French only" sales.
You will like this one!

A company based in the UK who wont ship to the UK but they will ship to the USA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bose-SoundDo...-/111042407917

elcct
18-10-2013, 12:52
Quote Originally Posted by alex
I bet you new business plan for France only.

alex
18-10-2013, 10:00
I bet you new business plan for France only.

theatheist
18-10-2013, 08:38
I have always loved OVH but now have a serious lack of faith in them or Oles himself because of the lack of respect they/he has shown customers in last couple of month with the things they have done.

Its pretty much a given that any plans they have now to change things is going to screw a lot of people, either with servers they currently have or future orders.

I really hope I will be proven wrong.

Mark1978
18-10-2013, 08:36
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
What? Is he sure?
Yes, it's been verified.

LawsHosting
18-10-2013, 00:46
"we verified that our offers from august had lot of succes."
What? Is he sure?

Myatu
17-10-2013, 22:07
first we will contact all cust that ask us a deficated
Not so sure if he should be asking people to take a sh*t... Though I'd be happy to provide a sample.

NeddySeagoon
17-10-2013, 20:36
Am I reading his Frenglish properly by saying he wants to make the deals BETTER?
He doesn't say better for whom. OVH or customers?

shadow
17-10-2013, 20:22
Quote Originally Posted by w33brad
Am I reading his Frenglish properly by saying he wants to make the deals BETTER?
Holy shmolly, I'm in disbelief.
I guess we should perhaps prepare for another sea of events? And ultimately a cease-fire, again?
It would be naive of anyone to think they'd get a server before 2014. We can all hope, but I doubt it'll make much difference.

w33brad
17-10-2013, 20:18
Holy shmolly, I'm in disbelief.
I guess we should perhaps prepare for another sea of events? And ultimately a cease-fire, again?

NeddySeagoon
17-10-2013, 20:00
The lack of new orders must be hurting the OVH bottom line.
OVH must be taking delivery of hardware ordered before the 'sold out' sign went up and they will still have to pay for this.

If OVH could delay delivery and payment, they have a lot of techs who should be deplying servers sitting around. They would need to be paid too.

OVH cash flow depends on both retaining existing clients and matching new hardware to new orders ... which how the mess originated. Existing clients switched to better deals, leaving behind hardware which does not fit into the new offers. Its not clear what happened to that hardware.

The present situation is untenable for both OVH and exisiting clients.

I'm surprised its lasted as long as it has, never mind going on for another two weeks.

DanM248
17-10-2013, 19:19
So he does speak english then.. not too bad either.

jonlewi5
17-10-2013, 18:47
well thats good news, but im not holding my breath...

rmlhhd
17-10-2013, 18:45
Saw that on twitter, that's all it took to get an answer. Nice one cartwright118

cartwright118
17-10-2013, 18:39
I spoke to Oles on twitter last night asking him when the new business plan was going to be sorted so that we can order new servers. His reply was something like, soon, with amazing plans. I tried to pin him down on a time frame with success. He said 10-14 days. See conversation with link below.

https://twitter.com/cartwright118/st...56026506080256

Of course we know what the situation is and must take comments with a pinch of salt