OVH Community, your new community space.

Choices for servers.

hyster
18-09-2008, 21:09
Delete please, I double posted somehow

slayer2005
18-09-2008, 21:09
Quote Originally Posted by hyster
Well I am keeping my fingers crossed and credit card at the ready, text and letter verified so all should be an absolute breeze !!!!! I hope
lol expect itl be a few months tho.

hyster
18-09-2008, 20:34
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
Lets hope so.
Good job to you if they do this.
Well I am keeping my fingers crossed and credit card at the ready, text and letter verified so all should be an absolute breeze !!!!! I hope

slayer2005
17-09-2008, 17:50
Lets hope so.
Good job to you if they do this.

hyster
17-09-2008, 17:17
UPDATE

OVH have just rung me back to state that the range of servers might be extended in the next few days.

Hopefully the range will help out the UK users who want more options

hyster
17-09-2008, 16:48
I have just spoken at length with a UK based OVH employee reference the lack of server choices to UK based customers.

I know he has spent time trying to find out why we can not rent the same choice of servers that are available on a 1 hour setup at this time to .com customers. This was a no go from the French end and I am now left with no choice other than to go to another provider. The bottom line 1gbit server availabe to UK customers cost a total of £256.15 including set up, windows and VAT.

This server http://www.ovh.com/fr/particulier/pr...eg_best_of.xml is available on the .com site and I would have been more than willing to pay set up and VAT on this.

I am now in a position after renting 7 servers from OVH of considering returning them all to go back to the other provider I moved from.

Surely OVH can provide readily available servers to all its customers on their automated system.

Please can someone from OVH tell us all why we seem to be being forced nto renting the higher spec servers when we already pay more than our Euro based friends.

Thank you

hyster
16-09-2008, 21:59
Is there any chance of the same choices at least as the .com site please OVH ??

hyster
13-09-2008, 22:11
http://www.ovh.com/fr/particulier/pr...eg_best_of.xml

would still like to be able to order one of these on the UK site please OVH

hyster
12-09-2008, 18:21
Are there any updates for UK customers please OVH

Thank you

slayer2005
10-09-2008, 21:59
If you fancy having a look on my servers feel free to ask. I think you need to keep your opinions as to what is on users private servers to yourself though.

Agreed...who are you to presume what the customer wants lots of storage for.

hyster
10-09-2008, 21:43
Quote Originally Posted by hoysey
I think you'll find there trying to get rid of all P2P, why else would you need so much HDD space, and coming from leaseweb well that just says it all really lol
If you fancy having a look on my servers feel free to ask. I think you need to keep your opinions as to what is on users private servers to yourself though.

Andy
10-09-2008, 21:05
Quote Originally Posted by hoysey
I think you'll find there trying to get rid of all P2P, why else would you need so much HDD space, and coming from leaseweb well that just says it all really lol
They are getting rid of p2p. Anyone caught using it, that is reported, gets told to remove it or their server will be suspended.

There are lots of reasons for wanting lots of storage space:-

1. Storage of your files for your website
2. Storage of videos/audio for your media company for example
3. Backup server for multiple servers
4. Backup server for your customers to upload to
5. Mirror server (although not officially allowed at OVH)

Any many more.

hoysey
10-09-2008, 21:01

hyster
10-09-2008, 18:35
Please can you update us on the choice of servers or lack of choice in the UK at them moment, I am desperate to get another box online and do not want to have to go to Leaseweb if I can help it. I have spent the lasy year slowly moving eveything to here. I posted this earlier and also another thread contains another great idea.

Can someone from OVH tell me why the range of servers on the UK site is now very limited compared with the French site.

I want this EG server https://www.ovh.com/fr/particulier/p...eg_best_of.xml

Yet on the UK site this is the only EG I can get https://www.ovh.co.uk/reseller/products/eg_large.xml

Surely if severs are available they can be rented by all OVH customers. I know from experience the order is unlikely to be processed if I order off the French site.

I have many other servers, seven of them, and would like to order this one as well.

Thank you.

Over to you Sophie lol.
And

Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
oles what do you think

Intel Core2Duo
2x 2.66+ GHz
4-8 gig of ram
6x 750 GB raod0/1
100 MbpsSLA burstable to gbit
Traffic Unlimited(obviously thats wat ur famous for)
180gbp

now considering the price of the SuperPlan
BestOF i think this is fair.Basicaly your just upgrading the hd.
what do you think as i no me and a lot of other server owners are based at leaseweb for the large storage series servers.
You think you can offer a large storage range for your customers?

Andy
08-09-2008, 22:02
Not sure if you use this email address Oles but I sent you an email about a server to oles@ovh.net.

Hopefully I can get a direct answer and I will know then your opinions. I can then post any info here.

Thank you
I have sent Oles e-mails before but not gotten a reply. You have to realise Oles is a busy guy and doesn't have time to reply to all of the e-mails he gets every day!

hyster
08-09-2008, 17:27
Not sure if you use this email address Oles but I sent you an email about a server to oles@ovh.net.

Hopefully I can get a direct answer and I will know then your opinions. I can then post any info here.

Thank you

sigsegfault
08-09-2008, 17:08
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
>> do you mean EG/MG/HG ?
>
> Yes please Oles I would appreciate it on an EG
>
> The raid 1 for some is a problem. Raid 0 option is what I am after.

let's me check it.
Any news? Is this possible in a near future or not?
At least, people might want to know if there's something to wait for or not.

hyster
07-09-2008, 15:36
>
>

let's me check it.
Wow I am getting my credit card warmed up Oles

EG BestOF Raid 0. Please or somethng similar. With 2 gb ram and winweb 2003 would be even better but not a major one. The Raid 0 is the main thing.

oles@ovh.net
07-09-2008, 14:58
>
>

let's me check it.

hyster
07-09-2008, 14:53
> The bigger servers are hard raid 1. I was asking if you could have an
> option for no raid and just have the drives set to 0.

do you mean EG/MG/HG ?

Yes please Oles I would appreciate it on an EG

The raid 1 for some is a problem. Raid 0 option is what I am after.

Merci

oles@ovh.net
07-09-2008, 13:56
> The bigger servers are hard raid 1. I was asking if you could have an
> option for no raid and just have the drives set to 0.

do you mean EG/MG/HG ?

hyster
07-09-2008, 01:26
> as the French users please Oles. Also how about raid 0 as an option

what is wrong with raid 0 on our servers ?
The bigger servers are hard raid 1. I was asking if you could have an option for no raid and just have the drives set to 0.

I know other users in the past would have liked it and am sure some would now. I can assure you that I for one would be renting more from you.

I know it is possible to break the hard raid and re-install afterwards but to have one ready to go would be nice Oles.

Thank you in advance for considering this.

Merci.

oles@ovh.net
07-09-2008, 00:12
> as the French users please Oles. Also how about raid 0 as an option

what is wrong with raid 0 on our servers ?

hyster
06-09-2008, 21:03
hyster a écrit:
>
> Can someone from OVH tell me why the range of servers on the UK site is
> now very limited compared with the French sote.

as I wrote today, we will propose all hardware next week.
we tried to propose less offers and more easier website.
but I think you need the choose like the french likes.
Well if I understand what you mean, yes I would like the same choices as the French users please Oles. Also how about raid 0 as an option

Thanks Boss

oles@ovh.net
06-09-2008, 20:28
hyster a écrit:
>
> Can someone from OVH tell me why the range of servers on the UK site is
> now very limited compared with the French sote.

as I wrote today, we will propose all hardware next week.
we tried to propose less offers and more easier website.
but I think you need the choose like the french likes.

hyster
06-09-2008, 17:51
Can someone from OVH tell me why the range of servers on the UK site is now very limited compared with the French site.

I want this EG server https://www.ovh.com/fr/particulier/p...eg_best_of.xml

Yet on the UK site this is the only EG I can get https://www.ovh.co.uk/reseller/products/eg_large.xml

Surely if severs are available they can be rented by all OVH customers. I know from experience the order is unlikely to be processed if I order off the French site.

I have many other servers, seven of them, and would like to order this one as well.

Thank you.

Over to you Sophie lol.