OVH Community, your new community space.

Why is OVH Hubic cheaper than OVH NAS?

Kacotet
28-06-2014, 20:22
hubiC is slow as hell.

heise
28-06-2014, 14:07
The difference is the speed. You have on paper 10 MBit/s but people complain that they only get 1 MBit/s. If that is fine as NAS, go ahead. It doesn't get cheaper. Just think how nice it is to restore 3 TB and have to wait 2 months to finish the data transfer.....

segator
27-06-2014, 12:19
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Don't forget kids you can grab a FREE 25GB account over at https://hubic.com/home/

There are IPhone and Android apps available and also currenty in Beta we have a Windows Phone App (working very well soo far contact Lionel or Florent @ OVH for a download link for WP8 version)
I'm making an application using Hubic API and i confirm it's not the same

Hubic is a OpenStack Storage Cloud System

This have lot of limitation (Can not rename move file's and folders for exemple)
For do this.. you need to copy/delete and this make lot of time when you do simple operation.
And hubic have a limitation of 1Mb/s upload/download ( download should accelerated using download acceletaros(multiple connections to bypass the 1MB/s limit)

otherwise i'm doing an application to bypass storage protocols to Hubic and split the 10Tb space into accounts

FTP To Hubic
SMB to Hubic
WebDav to Hubic

You can see the web page file manager(is a beta yet, have a hundred of bugs)
http://ownline.segator.es/share/ID_1...546e#elf_l1_XA

If you have any question about hubic, I think i can help you

And .. sorry for my bad english, i'm learning yet

rickyday
26-10-2013, 10:51
Don't forget kids you can grab a FREE 25GB account over at https://hubic.com/home/

There are IPhone and Android apps available and also currenty in Beta we have a Windows Phone App (working very well soo far contact Lionel or Florent @ OVH for a download link for WP8 version)

TheBritoid
26-10-2013, 10:18
Quote Originally Posted by cartwright118
Even so you cannot compare hubic to a high availability NAS.
Of course, but depending on what your uses are, it's still probably a good option.

cartwright118
25-10-2013, 21:02
Quote Originally Posted by TheBritoid
You can use FUSE to mount Hubic, so it acts like a drive.
Even so you cannot compare hubic to a high availability NAS.

TheBritoid
25-10-2013, 19:16
It's a completely different service, different SLA, different levels of quality. You are limited to how you can use HUBic, you wouldn't be able to connect to it like you would a nas, or use as a nas. I believe HUBic is browser and app client only.
You can use FUSE to mount Hubic, so it acts like a drive.

alex
22-10-2013, 11:15
It's a completely different service, different SLA, different levels of quality. You are limited to how you can use HUBic, you wouldn't be able to connect to it like you would a nas, or use as a nas. I believe HUBic is browser and app client only.
true, as the service is similar to dropbox or box.net - share files via tablet, browser, desktop and phone.

Your data stored with the highest level of protection and total confidentiality
Every document deposited on hubiC is replicated in 3 different OVH datacentres in France. Only you will have access to your data, via your login and password.
really? the OVH is joker, as not been able to protect all EU customers data and they talking about protecting data by using 3 datacentres. OVH as company don't what it's mean: highest level of protection and total confidentiality

cartwright118
22-10-2013, 07:27

UK1
21-10-2013, 18:30
I suppose but that is a massive price difference, I mean massive!

Thelen
20-10-2013, 13:30
They are different type of solutions... Hubic might be 'OVH', but it isn't the same quality as the OVH NAS offering.

UK1
20-10-2013, 12:42
I noticed that OVH NAS is more expensive per TB than OVH Hubic.

NAS is £129 ex vat for 1.2 TB PER MONTH whereas Hubic is 99euro per TB FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR!

Can we just use Hubic as a NAS?