OVH Community, your new community space.

Show us your desktop thread!

Jasgriff
22-10-2013, 20:37
Quote Originally Posted by alex
OMG, majority of desktops are tidy, my desktop fill of working project folders/files
I wish I could show you mine properly its fully of files and folders!

rickyday
22-10-2013, 17:31
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Strange as it is, it prevents spambots as their pre-programmed passwords are short It works massive wonders.

We prevent anyone using admin, betaarchive, etc as part of the name to avoid trying to imitate anyone, that includes e-mail addresses and usernames alike. Put a hyphen in it or something and it should work. Sorry about that
I also think I should be given VIP access to the FTP server as well in return for all this free advertising and extra signups!

LawsHosting
22-10-2013, 17:20
Can't show mine.... NSFW...... It has Octave, Hari Ravichandran and Ravi Agarwal on it, sorry.

Andy
22-10-2013, 17:18
Quote Originally Posted by gregoryfenton
I just registered. 14 character password??!?!

Also, what "security purposes" should prevent me from using "betaarchive" as part of my email address? I use the domain name as the email address as a matter of course, it gives the added benefit of knowing where spam comes from.

Not that I would expect anything of that ilk from you Andy.
Strange as it is, it prevents spambots as their pre-programmed passwords are short It works massive wonders.

We prevent anyone using admin, betaarchive, etc as part of the name to avoid trying to imitate anyone, that includes e-mail addresses and usernames alike. Put a hyphen in it or something and it should work. Sorry about that

rickyday
22-10-2013, 17:12
Quote Originally Posted by alex
OMG, majority of desktops are tidy, my desktop fill of working project folders/files
I cleaned up mine especially for this thread lol.

alex
22-10-2013, 12:19

hophans
22-10-2013, 11:44
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Hmm Stats!!

Like that, nice scripts there.

Is it homemade or a particular script? if you don't mind me asking.
If it where me you referred to it's 100% home made to suit several linux distro's.

The main reason i use it, is to avoid ssh'ing into the wrong server without noticing (that happens more often than you think).
And it's nice to have the stats at login along with logging of user data such as location etc.

rickyday
22-10-2013, 10:42
Quote Originally Posted by K.Kode
Ha ha like that lol did make me chuckle

gregoryfenton
22-10-2013, 10:32
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Once you have 3 posts you will be It's not fair to allow others through early so everyone gets the same treatment. Also the image uploader only works here because I allowed it for my own images. It's got hotlink protection on other sites
I just registered. 14 character password??!?!

Also, what "security purposes" should prevent me from using "betaarchive" as part of my email address? I use the domain name as the email address as a matter of course, it gives the added benefit of knowing where spam comes from.

Not that I would expect anything of that ilk from you Andy.

Trapper
22-10-2013, 01:05
...and Trap I am sure you can some how get one image over all four of those monitors
Yeah, but I don't want the taskbar taking up any more of my 5,242,880 pixels...

~Trap

Andy
21-10-2013, 21:38
Woah man, thumbnail that thing!

Jasgriff
21-10-2013, 21:38
LOL ok Andy.

My Windows is genuine but I hadn't put the key in so here is one before anyone reports me to the feds

P.s its 10Mb so be warned.

K.Kode
21-10-2013, 20:14
Quote Originally Posted by UK1
Mine is basically the Windows wallpaper showing a green grass hill and blue sky.

UK1
21-10-2013, 19:28
Mine is basically the Windows wallpaper showing a green grass hill and blue sky. Looks like a picture, but I think it's computer animated. I have three icons: Recycle Bin, a PDF, and a spreadsheet.

JakeMS
21-10-2013, 19:02
Nice backgrounds, a panoramic would look nice on those two monitors
Yeah, but I couldn't find one that I liked

Edit: Okay, uploaded a new one :-P. Same place as last time, so this should fix any issues and bugs you may have had before :-).

rickyday
21-10-2013, 19:01
Quote Originally Posted by JakeMS
Boring Linux guy coming through...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...toppywoppy.png

(Linked due to size..)
Nice backgrounds, a panoramic would look nice on those two monitors

K.Kode
21-10-2013, 18:55
Mostly they are just conky objects and some bash scripts

JakeMS
21-10-2013, 18:54
Boring Linux guy coming through...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...toppywoppy.png

(Linked due to size..)

rickyday
21-10-2013, 18:46
Hmm Stats!!

Like that, nice scripts there.

Is it homemade or a particular script? if you don't mind me asking.

K.Kode
21-10-2013, 18:40

Linked

rickyday
21-10-2013, 18:25
Quote Originally Posted by hophans
Well it's a tad silly but it gives me an excuse to have a break from work...

Definitely the sexiest desktop soo far!

Would be nice to see some nice nix desktops I know there are some corkers out there

Nice wallpapers guys, dual monitor or more really should try panaromic wallpapers and Trap I am sure you can some how get one image over all four of those monitors

Ok Andy better post one more post then I think

Trapper
21-10-2013, 14:55
There seem to be enough of us, so especially for those windows geeks running multiple monitors...

You already know picking up a "restored" window, and pushing it to the very top, makes it "maximise".

You probably already know (and are annoyed every time) that double clicking on the top edge of a window (with the cursor as up-down arrow) makes that window go full height, but maintains it's width. (Really annoys me, as it spans my vertical screens).

You have also have no-doubt pushed a window left or right, so that it takes up exactly half the screen.

There are two others I know of which are useful:

The Shake:
With multiple windows open, pickup the one you want (by the top bar), and violently shake it from side to side. All other windows will minimize.

The Gutter Half:
If you run multiple monitors (say left and right) you can "50%" a window on the left of the left screen, and right of the right screen. Obviously you cannot do the left of right or right of left, as the mouse simply goes onto the other screen.

If however you want a window to take that "left of right" screen position, select it, and the press "Win+Right Arrow". For me, running 4 monitors, using left and right arrows, I can get 12 different positions...

Hope someone finds this useful...

~Trap

Andy
21-10-2013, 12:33
21.5" Dell 1920x1080 and a 19" Siemens 1440x900

Andy
21-10-2013, 12:30
Andy if you could un moderate me as a new user at Beta Archive that would be great! otherwise I am going to get bored very quickly over there You know I am a good boy!
Once you have 3 posts you will be It's not fair to allow others through early so everyone gets the same treatment. Also the image uploader only works here because I allowed it for my own images. It's got hotlink protection on other sites

crowarth
21-10-2013, 12:08
My desktop at work - 22" Dell and a 19" Dell

http://zcore.weezel.co.uk/desktop-w.jpg large

hophans
21-10-2013, 11:41
Well it's a tad silly but it gives me an excuse to have a break from work...

Trapper
21-10-2013, 01:15
My main machine's desktop, 4 x 19" (4:3) LCD's at 1280x1024...

~Trap

rickyday
21-10-2013, 00:30
Every forum should have one!

Perhaps OVH has but I couldn't see it!

Thanks to Andy for the image uploader on his website and Beta Archive for the idea to spam this thread here

Server 2012 Standard

Oh its updated already lol

Oh why not - Mobile

Andy if you could un moderate me as a new user at Beta Archive that would be great! otherwise I am going to get bored very quickly over there You know I am a good boy!