OVH Community, your new community space.

Oles: Some info on after the "sold out"

Trapper
26-10-2013, 13:14
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Looks like Oles has finally seen the light with regards to extra IP addresses.

I cannot see any of these new additions being added to existing servers, so I wait in anticipation as to what happens there to stop people upgrading and causing turnover again.

The only way it is going to not happen is if the new servers are a LOT more expensive..or have the "dreaded" SETUP FEE
All of the posts, and related posts mention 100e/month. Although one mentioned KS, I would not expect SP/KS to return in the "first wave".

Of course any new "pluses" will not be added to existing servers, we only get the "minuses" from the previous offerings... This is the only way they can ensure we all want a new server every three months. Without this, how could they possibly achieve the churn of 250,000 servers per year, that they so obviously want

~Trap

rickyday
26-10-2013, 12:08
Quote Originally Posted by oles
Philosophy
------------
We started with a clean sheet for the Designer
servers that will be able to accommodate one customer per server. having a
very good CPU and a lot of RAM, the lossless 1Gbps network
ensure high available is based . In addition to the "VIP support" we
include a number of IP Failover directly in the offer.
These IP Failover 1.0, we propose for quite
time already and the number of IP FO depends on the type of server.

Why include IP FO in the offer ? It is a versatile server
that can do everything . Some companies need SSL. The base.
This is a server that supports any one box with all
its employees who are in the field and uses the server
distance or from the desktop . So you need at the VPN .
Send Newsletter Receive can be as painful if you do not have
some dedicated IP for this activity. In short, the versatility that
business needs .
Looks like Oles has finally seen the light with regards to extra IP addresses.

I cannot see any of these new additions being added to existing servers, so I wait in anticipation as to what happens there to stop people upgrading and causing turnover again.

The only way it is going to not happen is if the new servers are a LOT more expensive..or have the "dreaded" SETUP FEE

TheBritoid
26-10-2013, 11:30
Oles has posted another announcement.

http://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php?t=94252

Any chance this can be translated?

rickyday
26-10-2013, 10:54
Quote Originally Posted by raxxeh
Clarify if this will be retroactively applied against all servers already owned.

If it is not, I will replace every server on day one as I keep the servers for 12 months at a time, and the math will work out to be cheaper if even one of them makes it to a 40% discount unless the price increase on the same spec is over $100.

If you don't apply this retroactively, this "perk" is going to work against you.

+1

Whats the betting this wont apply to existing servers though so we all have to create more turnover, unless of course the new prices are a lot lot higher than before....

cartwright118
26-10-2013, 08:56
Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekster
http://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php?t=94186

Any chance of maybe a translation on this? :3 Pretty pleaseeeeee, google translate has turned it into an unreadble mushy blob of text
This will probably happen Monday. As staff don't seem to work weekend. Maybe they got some overtime ^^

HostRange
26-10-2013, 02:15
Amazing

mSP price is ridiculous already so I can't wait to see what else you guys have to offer

raxxeh
25-10-2013, 22:39
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie

- We're going to incorporate a discount that will depend on the life cycle of the range, with a decrease in price starting 3 months after the launch of a new range, and an automatic programme enabling discounts of up 40% off the initial price.
Clarify if this will be retroactively applied against all servers already owned.

If it is not, I will replace every server on day one as I keep the servers for 12 months at a time, and the math will work out to be cheaper if even one of them makes it to a 40% discount unless the price increase on the same spec is over $100.

If you don't apply this retroactively, this "perk" is going to work against you.

TheGeekster
25-10-2013, 22:35
http://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php?t=94186

Any chance of maybe a translation on this? :3 Pretty pleaseeeeee, google translate has turned it into an unreadble mushy blob of text

cartwright118
25-10-2013, 18:17
It's not that he doesn't like UK but he took our feedbacks on board: to stop posting information in French on the UK forum. Instead, he sends it to our English translator. Isn't it better?
Oh! Sounds like a no win situation for him. My bad, in this case. Are you saying I just beat you guys to it? Posting here before you had chance to translate?

Christian

wii89
25-10-2013, 17:11
Sounds interesting the plan, lets see if it works and it does not take too long to implement.

Kode
25-10-2013, 16:54
The other annoying thing is 2 x mSP would have been a better solution than what we have now ( 1 x equivalent to mSP and 1 x 16GB ) and would bring our yearly cost down from £1530 http://fanart.tv/why-is-the-donation...-amount-it-is/ to around £960 which is a huge saving from what we are currently paying, however, I have a feeling that when the new deals go in to place, this wont be possible.

NeddySeagoon
25-10-2013, 16:53
rickyday,

hehe ... there is a supply and demand problem. The top end is about right. By increasing headlne prices to give a discount, business may be driven away.

At the other end of the scale, there is huge scope for inital price increases to drive down both demand and churn. This would also fund hardware age related discounts.

Kode
25-10-2013, 16:48
So is that 10 days starting from now?

@Jasgriff Thanks The annoying thing is OVH helped make it possible: http://fanart.tv/status/ Zeus gets about 200,000 hits a month, before moving the API onto it's own server it was being brought to a crawl, Chiron is currently getting around 50 million hits a month (it's used by XBMC, plex, mediabrowser, mediaportal among others) as well serving all the images from the API requests and split out they both work without issues. Only annoying thing is Chiron is still on a 100mbit connection even though it's an ovh server not a kimsufi.

rickyday
25-10-2013, 16:38
Excellent!

Here's to some amazing deals so I can expire my mSP and get a nice new uber charged server for the same price!

That's my prediction of how its going to work! Am I right Oles?

Jasgriff
25-10-2013, 15:47
Quote Originally Posted by Kode
It would be nice if he waited until it was translated before posting anywhere
I agree that it would releasing the news in all languages at the same time would stop us speculating on what Oles is trying to say.

P.s Kode your site is awesome.

Mark1978
25-10-2013, 15:41
It's not that he doesn't like UK but he took our feedbacks on board: to stop posting information in French on the UK forum. Instead, he sends it to our English translator. Isn't it better?
It is, but we still find it on the French forums first, c'est la vie

mike_
25-10-2013, 15:37
That's great but what about your existing customers? I've had my server for two years now and with the massively downgraded support, no longer being able to add new IPs, and the increase in price to pay for the broken VAC, I'm getting a very bad deal.

I will be contributing to your turnover if you don't put things right.

Kode
25-10-2013, 15:35
It would be nice if he waited until it was translated before posting anywhere

S0phie
25-10-2013, 15:29
Quote Originally Posted by cartwright118
Below was posted on the French Forum. Thanks Google Translate. It seems he doesn't like the UK any more, he's not posted it on our forum maybe the staff can translate this instead?

S0phie
25-10-2013, 15:22
Hi,

Here is Oles post translated in English:

Hello,

We're making good progress with the 1st test of the new range, using the new business model. But the work to be done is just huge. We're working our socks off here...

Some info:

- On the OVH website, you'll find 3 ranges of servers for 3 principal needs that we have identified. We will launch votes on the choice of servers for each range either from tomorrow or Monday. According to your choices, we will offer the servers with the most success.

- We will launch a new brand with the code name SYS. It will be a super hardware range with awesome gear at a ridiculous price, with very thorough basic support.

- We're preparing the site for brokers with all the second hand servers at very interesting prices, decreasing according to volume.
The idea is to offer the servers that we can't/don't want to offer under our brand names, from alternative outlets. The site will be in English and $.

- The "certified" Partner Programme will enable us to pay retrospective commission to customers that manage 10 + servers for end users. Remunerations will be made according to the life cycle of the range of servers.

- We're going to incorporate a discount that will depend on the life cycle of the range, with a decrease in price starting 3 months after the launch of a new range, and an automatic programme enabling discounts of up 40% off the initial price.

- There are so many changes that we have decided to take 10 days or more to explain what we're doing and what the benefits will be for different customers. This means that depending on what you do with the server, you'll be able to do it under better conditions
than before, by using one range or another.

We need to take time to explain how you can harness the power of our new offers.

- Hmm… I have loads more to say, but we need keep calm and take the time needed to explain what's in store.

Best wishes,

Octave

cartwright118
25-10-2013, 14:50
Below was posted on the French Forum. Thanks Google Translate. It seems he doesn't like the UK any more, he's not posted it on our forum maybe the staff can translate this instead?