OVH Community, your new community space.

1/8 - Updates on the "sold out"

Trapper
29-10-2013, 10:04
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
My guess is that since the ranges have been re-done, they need to pull a lot of hw from the racks and re-fit components based on the newly agreed configurations.

But who knows, its not like they tell us their detailed plans (nor should they in most circumstances)
...My guess is that the hardware laying around is the stuff that was returned by people "churning". As such this Hardware is the older, less profitable offerings.

The starting point for the new business plan has to be the "top offerings", which are going to bring in the most money. I think you can see from the recent (Oles) posts, that the main thing on his mind is 100 Euro + machines with 1 Gbps + connections

The last thing to be launched will be the range of cheap servers (KS & PE..?) which will not need upgrading, and will just be recycled as they are (no re-config).

With all this in mind, I guess the "heavy weight" servers will be along end-Nov, (that's OVH speak for December) and the rest will probably be 2014 (clue is in their name )

~Trap

Tz-OVH
29-10-2013, 09:39
Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978
End of November? You're joking right? That's a massive delay. You should start selling the existing servers again NOW.
My guess is that since the ranges have been re-done, they need to pull a lot of hw from the racks and re-fit components based on the newly agreed configurations.

But who knows, its not like they tell us their detailed plans (nor should they in most circumstances)

Mark1978
29-10-2013, 08:54
End of November? You're joking right? That's a massive delay. You should start selling the existing servers again NOW.

Kode
29-10-2013, 08:01
Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekster
At which time you will have another huge influx of orders, which will probably start the cycle all over again!
To be honest, I think the new offerings will be priced at a point where they don't get a huge influx and priced high enough that people dont bother switching their old servers to new ones.

TheBritoid
28-10-2013, 21:33
Why will the server outlet be in dollars?

I'm just wondering, because if it's OVH Europe/UK doing it, should it not be in Pounds/Euros?

TheGeekster
28-10-2013, 20:07
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
No ready yet. Should be ready by the end of November. We're still translating Oles'posts. Sorry for the delay.
Your joking right? I actually put so many plans on hold, ready for the end of October because I like using OVH because A) it's cheap B) I've never had a problem previously, when oles was going to unveil the miracle plan to get everything back on track, and... another month? Seriously? I mean, seriously?

While I understand this is not your fault, I just can't quite understand how you can put everything on hold for about 3 months now! I mean, come on :/

I was (and I think many others were too) that with the announcement, we were actually going to get some action not just another month of waiting, followed by (I'm just guessing from this year) another month? At which time you will have another huge influx of orders, which will probably start the cycle all over again!

Edit: Maybe a bit harsh but I mean, all I do is try to help others and provide backbone servers to people, so many unfinished projects just waiting for a server. Not your fault, but, meh.

RikT
28-10-2013, 18:52
No ready yet. Should be ready by the end of November. We're still translating Oles'posts. Sorry for the delay.
so another month this is getting kinda silly now

S0phie
28-10-2013, 18:50
Quote Originally Posted by cartwright118
Is this on the UK website already? Or do we have to wait until it's been updated?

Thanks, Christian.

cartwright118
28-10-2013, 18:01
On the OVH website, you'll find 3 ranges of servers for 3 principal needs that we have identified. We will launch votes on the choice of servers for each range either from tomorrow or Monday. According to your choices, we will offer the servers with the most success.
Is this on the UK website already? Or do we have to wait until it's been updated?

Thanks, Christian.

S0phie
28-10-2013, 17:35
Hello,

We're making good progress with the 1st test of the new range, using the new business model. But the work to be done is just huge. We're working our socks off here...

Some info:

- On the OVH website, you'll find 3 ranges of servers for 3 principal needs that we have identified. We will launch votes on the choice of servers for each range either from tomorrow or Monday. According to your choices, we will offer the servers with the most success.

- We will launch a new brand with the code name SYS. It will be a super hardware range with awesome gear at a ridiculous price, with very thorough basic support.

- We're preparing the site for brokers with all the second hand servers at very interesting prices, decreasing according to volume.
The idea is to offer the servers that we can't/don't want to offer under our brand names, from alternative outlets. The site will be in English and $.

- The "certified" Partner Programme will enable us to pay retrospective commission to customers that manage 10 + servers for end users. Remunerations will be made according to the life cycle of the range of servers.

- We're going to incorporate a discount that will depend on the life cycle of the range, with a decrease in price starting 3 months after the launch of a new range, and an automatic programme enabling discounts of up 40% off the initial price.

- There are so many changes that we have decided to take 10 days or more to explain what we're doing and what the benefits will be for different customers. This means that depending on what you do with the server, you'll be able to do it under better conditions
than before, by using one range or another.

We need to take time to explain how you can harness the power of our new offers.

- Hmm… I have loads more to say, but we need keep calm and take the time needed to explain what's in store.

Best wishes,

Octave