OVH Community, your new community space.

Forum up and down

Ollie_
13-11-2013, 00:21
Quote Originally Posted by K-Xander
+1. The VAC should do what it supposed to do. Meaning blocking attacks and being stable in a production environment, but all I can see is some CEO that got mad even worse than a kid and left the main support method for a service that he advertised so much to get new clients, just because some members are not experts in reporting a proper issue. This could have been avoided if VAC was actually tested by the OVH staff and not by the clients since most of them are not that dumb to enable VAC if it's that unstable and it's causing issues to their clients.

I hope Oles will move his attention back to VAC and actually make it worth for the extra money we're paying now.
On this note, it seems there are a few new attack types that seem to be bypassing the VAC at this time. Haven't heard anything off of Oles about the VAC in a while now not even sure if it's still being worked on.

K-Xander
08-11-2013, 14:04
Is this email listed anywhere that says it's used for support or any client really needs to take this info out from an employer and by posting on forum. I never heard about this mail, not we were announced about it and I cannot understand why things are so secret here.

The official mail is obviously a lie since that mailing list is not available is this one http://prntscr.com/22ppmn. So a new member joining OVH will have the pleasant surprise of getting 0 support for VAC because the owner itself has quited communicating with clients on this matter.

Neil
08-11-2013, 10:42
You can contact oles about any DDOS issues you have at antiddos@antiddos.zendesk.com

K-Xander
07-11-2013, 13:46
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
Alpha in production environment, neat! So why are we (going to) paying extra for something that isn't fit for the public yet?

Sure, it might do what it says, but by the announcement that it's stable ( http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7265 ) really it's not, and that announcement had a link to another announcement (from June) stating 4 months prior to that they started introducing and testing it. So since March they haven't done much? Apart from opening a mailing list, which, was useless...

I really like OVH's servers and network, but the other stuff is just mind boggling.

+1. The VAC should do what it supposed to do. Meaning blocking attacks and being stable in a production environment, but all I can see is some CEO that got mad even worse than a kid and left the main support method for a service that he advertised so much to get new clients, just because some members are not experts in reporting a proper issue. This could have been avoided if VAC was actually tested by the OVH staff and not by the clients since most of them are not that dumb to enable VAC if it's that unstable and it's causing issues to their clients.

I hope Oles will move his attention back to VAC and actually make it worth for the extra money we're paying now.

ctype_alnum
07-11-2013, 13:34
Quote Originally Posted by TheBritoid
You're probably right. Gameservers do get attacked when noobs get banned and have a hissy fit and use their mums credit card to buy access to a botnet.

But game servers are probably a large part of OVH's revenue, cheap dedicated hardware and a decent network. Even I run a couple of personal game servers.
Thats the funniest thing I've seen all day.

TheBritoid
07-11-2013, 10:47
I bet it's mostly game servers being attacked? Saw a lot of people on the mailinhg list saying they own a game server with problems, permanent mitigation issues, attacks, bah-de-blah.

Would be helpful if Octave said something about the VAC, like, is it strable or still in beta blah-de-blah.
You're probably right. Gameservers do get attacked when noobs get banned and have a hissy fit and use their mums credit card to buy access to a botnet.

But game servers are probably a large part of OVH's revenue, cheap dedicated hardware and a decent network. Even I run a couple of personal game servers.

LawsHosting
07-11-2013, 01:00
Quote Originally Posted by alex
Alpha state, the project was dumped similar to control panel v3, control panel v5, too boring project to curry on.
Alpha in production environment, neat! So why are we (going to) paying extra for something that isn't fit for the public yet?

Sure, it might do what it says, but by the announcement that it's stable ( http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7265 ) really it's not, and that announcement had a link to another announcement (from June) stating 4 months prior to that they started introducing and testing it. So since March they haven't done much? Apart from opening a mailing list, which, was useless...

I really like OVH's servers and network, but the other stuff is just mind boggling.

alex
06-11-2013, 20:58
I bet it's mostly game servers being attacked? Saw a lot of people on the mailinhg list saying they own a game server with problems, permanent mitigation issues, attacks, bah-de-blah.

Would be helpful if Octave said something about the VAC, like, is it strable or still in beta blah-de-blah.
Alpha state, the project was dumped similar to control panel v3, control panel v5, too boring project to curry on.

LawsHosting
06-11-2013, 16:57

Neil
06-11-2013, 16:35
Quote Originally Posted by K-Xander
Was the VAC thing a method to gain new clients? As I can see the support doesn't exist anymore, no one is fixing all those false positive issues and the protection is unstable as hell sometimes, causing random mass disconnects quite much. The prices has gone up and we are paying more but no one seems to care about making VAC stable. As an example, I'm paying for PRO option and I am not even using VAC because it's not stable and this is the only reason why i bought a pro subscription.
Not at all, it is for all servers. You can search this forum in the past and you can see the issues with DDOS attacks we had in the past. Mainly servers and IPs having to be nullrouted which meant bring VPS and whole servers offline.

K-Xander
06-11-2013, 15:16
Was the VAC thing a method to gain new clients? As I can see the support doesn't exist anymore, no one is fixing all those false positive issues and the protection is unstable as hell sometimes, causing random mass disconnects quite much. The prices has gone up and we are paying more but no one seems to care about making VAC stable. As an example, I'm paying for PRO option and I am not even using VAC because it's not stable and this is the only reason why i bought a pro subscription.

wii89
06-11-2013, 14:47
So its the useless vac system to blame!

Neil
06-11-2013, 13:18
Hi

All should be much better now, was to do with the Vac system see http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=5728

LawsHosting
06-11-2013, 12:18
Even support hasn't commented, so, what does that mean..... no-one cares at OVH...

wii89
06-11-2013, 11:03
I have been having forum problems for the last 2 days.

These forums must be reliable as for its Kimsufi customers this is the only point of contact!!

Tz-OVH
06-11-2013, 10:46
Quote Originally Posted by JakeMS
Yeah.. blank pages everywhere .

To be fair, it's just a forum so not really important as such (At least it's not their network and your servers) but it does make themselves look bad to outsiders who don't have servers yet that may pass by and think "wow, their own forum doesn't work properly network must suck!".

But so long as the manager works, and servers work, and the network in general, I think most people will be okay with it .
It is important, since they made this the only form of support for KS customers.

It's akin to their telephone network going down and Manager control panel going down - customers will be affected.

JakeMS
06-11-2013, 10:28
Yeah.. blank pages everywhere .

To be fair, it's just a forum so not really important as such (At least it's not their network and your servers) but it does make themselves look bad to outsiders who don't have servers yet that may pass by and think "wow, their own forum doesn't work properly network must suck!".

But so long as the manager works, and servers work, and the network in general, I think most people will be okay with it .

raxxeh
06-11-2013, 06:54
Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekster
Meh sometimes it takes a refresh or two to load a page, seems, weird?
probably beta testing new stuff in a live environment again.

TheGeekster
05-11-2013, 19:05
Meh sometimes it takes a refresh or two to load a page, seems, weird?

LawsHosting
05-11-2013, 16:57
I bloody have..... Totally unusable.

ctype_alnum
05-11-2013, 16:08
I haven't noticed any issues personally.

alex
05-11-2013, 15:08
DDOSed as usual or VAC problem.

cartwright118
05-11-2013, 14:53
It was the same for me last night and today.

Maybe the connection is being routed through the VAC

Tz-OVH
05-11-2013, 14:07
I thought it was just me...its been unstable to the point of unusable today.

Trapper
05-11-2013, 13:40
Is anyone else having issues accessing the forum today?

I have visited three times, and have not had the forum load successfully first time yet...

Is this the dreaded VAC..?

~Trap