OVH Community, your new community space.

DS2014: Update

Trapper
26-11-2013, 11:53
Quote Originally Posted by dayvo
Trapper

Forgive me but I am in need of servers similar to your requirements. Would you mind sharing the other host(s) that you use? I didn't want to PM you directly.

Thanks
OK, I was not going to post names, but I see others do, so what the hell...

Please also remember that I am only really looking at Windows Servers, this makes a difference to the advertised price. If I wanted to use KS/SYS/OVH then currently the cheapest "2014" server I know I will be able to have Windows on, will be the 2014 OVH "SP64" I have seen mentioned, this will be 79.99€ + £15 for Windows + vat. (Yeah, I cannot even buy that right now)

From LeaseWeb, I can buy from 29€ +9.76€ for windows. I actually went up-scale a bit (45€) to get 4x1TB drives.

I suspect that Windows will come to SYS in the near future, but even then I'll be looking at 40.99€ + £15 + vat for more RAM than I need, and (see caveat) Less HDD*. I am not really worried about the RAM and HDD, but why pay for more than I need. Once again, this is why I still have old servers, because I am not asking the world of them...

* 2x2TB is less than 4x1TB...? How do you get there Trap? The answer is in RAID:
2x2TB as a mirror gets you 1.81GB,
4x1TB. Take a 48.8 GB partition for OS, and RAID 5 across the 4 drives to the tune of 882GB, which gets you 2.58TB

~Trap

Trapper
26-11-2013, 11:27
Quote Originally Posted by sdousley
I've seen this banded about quite a bit about the KS range being for "Personal" use only. What is the actual reasoning behind this. I understand that KS doesn't get the support level of the other ranges, but if I were to host some sites on there, I just have to accept that there will be longer times for a resolution if anything were to go wrong.

Why is it OVH's decision whether or not I run a business off the server?
As jasgriff mentioned, I think this is to limit the rush of sales. Remember that some of OVH's customers are re-sellers, who hold stock of servers to supply to their own customers. I suspect some of these tried to order KS2G by the hundred, and caused part of the problem we have now.

For me, there is no point in thinking about the PS/KS, as I need to be able to repeat projects again and again.

~Trap

Mark1978
26-11-2013, 11:10
Quote Originally Posted by Jasgriff
I think the 1 limit is great for stopping a massive rush of customers but not great for people who want to experiment. I have learnt a lot having 2 servers to play around with. 1 for testing and 1 for putting some sites on etc. Having only 1 wouldn't have allowed me to test out new things as I have.
That's where virtualisation comes in.

Jasgriff
26-11-2013, 10:36
I think the limit of 1 is to keep the flow of sales steady rather than selling out in the first 6 hours.

Also stating that its just for personal would mean that the SLA wouldn't need to be very demanding.

I think the 1 limit is great for stopping a massive rush of customers but not great for people who want to experiment. I have learnt a lot having 2 servers to play around with. 1 for testing and 1 for putting some sites on etc. Having only 1 wouldn't have allowed me to test out new things as I have.

dayvo
26-11-2013, 10:26
Trapper

Forgive me but I am in need of servers similar to your requirements. Would you mind sharing the other host(s) that you use? I didn't want to PM you directly.

Thanks

sdousley
26-11-2013, 10:16
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
KS - but personal use only, and limited to 1, so basically pointless.
I've seen this banded about quite a bit about the KS range being for "Personal" use only. What is the actual reasoning behind this. I understand that KS doesn't get the support level of the other ranges, but if I were to host some sites on there, I just have to accept that there will be longer times for a resolution if anything were to go wrong.

Why is it OVH's decision whether or not I run a business off the server?

Trapper
26-11-2013, 03:58
Quote Originally Posted by theatheist
Where does it mention about the limit on SYS,,,
Not a limit on the number you can have, but rather a limit on choice. If you want 32 GB RAM, 8 threads, a couple of HDD, and a 200Mbps connection, then you are sorted... Otherwise you're outta luck!

...and where are your new servers (Which host) if you dont mind me asking?
See PM

theatheist
26-11-2013, 02:13
Where does it mention about the limit on SYS, and where are your new servers (Which host) if you dont mind me asking?

Trapper
26-11-2013, 01:14
Quote Originally Posted by externo6
What exactly is this 'legal issue' that is actually stopping us (UK) from buying said servers. Its coming to the point now where I may have to take my custom to another company because I just can't wait any longer.
Legal Issue: There should not be any; in fact if a UK resident wants to buy from a French Company, there needs to be a really good reason why they are not allowed. (Can't keep up / Xenophobia / Can't be ars*d - are not good reasons.)

Take your custom elsewhere? I suppose I just need to say read the footer. I have needed 3 servers since this debacle began. I now have 21&23 in Holland and 22 in Canada (not OVH). The ease of dealing with one of these companies (and their cheaper Windows price 9.76€ vs 15GBP+vat) means I may well buy there again, even if servers do become available here.

There is also of course the small matter hardware. If I am reading this right, there are going to be 3 options:

KS - but personal use only, and limited to 1, so basically pointless.
SYS - limited to 1 or 2 (almost identical) models - no IP Failover (OK, there are additional IP's, but you cannot switch them).
OVH - Right Service, but minimum of 64GB RAM - so not "cheap".

Many of the projects I get involved in need minimal RAM - I still have a C-05G, with just 2GB RAM, (just checked, it is sitting at 884MB, and doing its job).

So why can I not buy a server, like this:
4 or 8GB RAM
1TB Sata HDD
4 core
Windows "Web Edition" Server
...with reasonable support.

Oh, wait, I can - just NOT from OVH.

~Trap

LawsHosting
25-11-2013, 18:42
Welcome to the new OVH.... No doubt they'll still get sales, but, for me personally, have lost faith in them -

. changing the rules as they go on;
. not keeping existing customers happy;
. using a flaky forum for support;
. using different managers;
. lack of real communiction (extrnal & internal)
. delays;

blah blah

externo6
25-11-2013, 18:24
Exactly my reason for posting this here.

Considering OVH have these forums, I would rather see announcements like that at least on here, if people then choose to post to twitter also, then fine, but should announcements like that not go in the "news" section of the forums too.

I know for one, I don't know the twitter handle of everyone at OVH to check for updates.

Edit:

I responded to this tweet asking Jenny if this is ACTUALLY going to be within the next 2 weeks or not, and she just stated that this is the latest information that they have. So really OVH, can you get some internal communication going please. The fact that the latest information you have is well over 2 weeks old is rather poor IMO.
100% agree, I opened a commercial ticket last week asking if any information on the situation with buying kimsufi servers in the UK, Danny responded with 'Very Soon' I don't know about anyone else but every time we ask we get soon or a few weeks. What exactly is this 'legal issue' that is actually stopping us (UK) from buying said servers. Its coming to the point now where I may have to take my custom to another company because I just can't wait any longer.

sdousley
25-11-2013, 14:21
Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978
It's been "the next week or two" for the past month, so apologies if we don't believe a word of it.
Exactly my reason for posting this here.

Considering OVH have these forums, I would rather see announcements like that at least on here, if people then choose to post to twitter also, then fine, but should announcements like that not go in the "news" section of the forums too.

I know for one, I don't know the twitter handle of everyone at OVH to check for updates.

Edit:

I responded to this tweet asking Jenny if this is ACTUALLY going to be within the next 2 weeks or not, and she just stated that this is the latest information that they have. So really OVH, can you get some internal communication going please. The fact that the latest information you have is well over 2 weeks old is rather poor IMO.

Mark1978
25-11-2013, 13:08
It's been "the next week or two" for the past month, so apologies if we don't believe a word of it.

madtbh
25-11-2013, 12:55
Is there any more update on this? Almost 3 weeks since the Kimsufi servers were released (if you're french) there is STILL no sign of any activity for us UK customers. How long does it take to translate terms and conditions (considering I'm guessing 90% of them are still the same as they were before?
From twitter "@cdr_t Hello, servers are only available for French customers at the moment. Hopefully in next week or 2 available for subsidiaries. ^Jenny" - @ovh_support_en.

sdousley
25-11-2013, 11:07
Is there any more update on this? Almost 3 weeks since the Kimsufi servers were released (if you're french) there is STILL no sign of any activity for us UK customers. How long does it take to translate terms and conditions (considering I'm guessing 90% of them are still the same as they were before?

raxxeh
13-11-2013, 19:00
Quote Originally Posted by TheBritoid
The French team that takes weeks to answer tickets
What french team?

Seems to me these days they are busy just taking a paycheck until customers wisen up to their antics.

TheBritoid
13-11-2013, 18:58
Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekster
Yup, I have often been told to "create a support ticket". Seems everything is handled by the french team in the end anyway?
The French team that takes weeks to answer tickets

TheGeekster
13-11-2013, 18:51
I agree. Every time I've needed to call up OVH UK, I've had great support.
Yup, I have often been told to "create a support ticket". Seems everything is handled by the french team in the end anyway?

TheBritoid
13-11-2013, 18:45
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
I agree, OVH UK are great, without them I would have gone ages ago. However, the French staff really let them down (a generalisation, I am sure there are good ones, but here in the UK we never hear about them).

-macole111
I agree. Every time I've needed to call up OVH UK, I've had great support.

macole111
13-11-2013, 17:29
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday

(Pay me later please Neil and Marks and S0phie a kiss under the mistletoe is all I require from yourself this Christmas)
Classic Ricky!

But on a serious note OVH needs to get a move on and Oles needs to stop using Twitter for what Twitter was not designed to do.

-macole111

rickyday
13-11-2013, 17:23
There is nothing positive to talk about at the moment, since there's nothing to buy and hasn't been for a long time. When the crazy is resolved, we'll have something positive to say - hopefully.
Well I will add something on a positive!

I am extremely pleased with the performance of my mSP server and KS 4G Kimsufi servers!

It was the best investment ever with OVH for a frankly ridiculous price!

That coupled with the EXCELLENT network performance I achieve (Maxes out my 125Mb VM connection) and the excellent support I have always received from OVH, and the free gifts, I am an extremely happy customer!

Yes the fiasco that is hopefully coming to an end soon, wasn't fun, but good to see something is being done regarding this and the OLD OVH that we know and love will be back soon!!

There is definitely room for improvement within OVH regarding communication, and if that is rectified OVH will be an unstoppable steam train in the unmanaged dedicated market.

Overall a very happy customer!

UK Support are wonderful.

(Pay me later please Neil and Marks and S0phie a kiss under the mistletoe is all I require from yourself this Christmas)

ctype_alnum
13-11-2013, 13:32
Probably because OVH is a major supplier in france and they are stuck with them or they are getting such a good deal if not both.

alex
13-11-2013, 13:06
based on experience with OVH in France the trading law don't work or people/consumers just retarded, you choice! as no one in France complain to authorities about bad trading experience they had with OVH.

FrenchTart
13-11-2013, 12:57
As soon as I get some spare time I will be migrating away from OVH yet again. It has been a fun few months of lies and Oles' awful attitude towards his international customers but enough is enough at this point.

There comes a point where lower prices aren't enough to justify supporting such a terribly ran company.

Trapper
13-11-2013, 10:32
So does this mean we will all me using soyoustart.com, By that I mean FR/UK/US/CA/IRE etc? Or will there be subsidiary like ovh.com/.co.uk/.ie etc?

For higher spec servers we will carry on using our previous ovh sites?
There is a SoYouStart.co.uk, not checked for others.

You will have to use the current "OVH" you use for your existing servers, including existing Kimi's.

Then you *may* be allowed to buy a single SOS from SOS.co.uk, and some Kimi's from Kimsufi.co.uk and something (although no-one knows what) from OVH.co.uk

I am sure this is so clear in Oles' mind...

~Trap

Mark1978
13-11-2013, 09:59
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Honestly though, I feel bad for the UK Support staff right about now, they seem to get 99 negative posts out of every 100 on here. While we have every right to complain and speak up, you can't help but think about their side of things.
There is nothing positive to talk about at the moment, since there's nothing to buy and hasn't been for a long time. When the crazy is resolved, we'll have something positive to say - hopefully.

theatheist
13-11-2013, 08:31
So does this mean we will all me using soyoustart.com, By that I mean FR/UK/US/CA/IRE etc? Or will there be subsidiary like ovh.com/.co.uk/.ie etc?

For higher spec servers we will carry on using our previous ovh sites?

macole111
12-11-2013, 23:48
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
Honestly though, I feel bad for the UK Support staff right about now, they seem to get 99 negative posts out of every 100 on here. While we have every right to complain and speak up, you can't help but think about their side of things.
I agree, OVH UK are great, without them I would have gone ages ago. However, the French staff really let them down (a generalisation, I am sure there are good ones, but here in the UK we never hear about them).

-macole111

Tz-OVH
12-11-2013, 20:56

macole111
12-11-2013, 19:16
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Well, like Andy said, this is how Oles likes/wants to communicate.
CEO of a multi-million euro company that only communicates with it's customers via Twitter, really? Good one. OVH looks worse and worse with every passing day.

-macole111

Myatu
12-11-2013, 18:40
To be fair, the language doesn't matter, as long as they don't refuse UK customers based on their location, even if the website is in French, then that's ok according to EU law.
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
Correct. I have no problem ordering servers in Germany or Netherlands even if the website was in local language (i can translate by myself...) and I wouldn't mind ordering from a website that is entirely in French.
OVH attitude in that matter is just appalling...
Taking the words out of my mouth. There's quite a difference between "Our translated website is not yet ready, try our French website instead if you don't mind" vs. "You can't order because you're not French".

alex
12-11-2013, 17:37

2- The terms and conditions
Same process but it also have to be validated by our UK lawyers to make sure they're adapted to the English law
like changes of contract every second week or decision of Oles? as minimum 30 days notification of contract should be provided, as no communication no update of contract - example: we never had communication about limitation of IP addresses per kimsufi server

elcct
12-11-2013, 17:22
To be fair, the language doesn't matter, as long as they don't refuse UK customers based on their location, even if the website is in French, then that's ok according to EU law.
Correct. I have no problem ordering servers in Germany or Netherlands even if the website was in local language (i can translate by myself...) and I wouldn't mind ordering from a website that is entirely in French.
OVH attitude in that matter is just appalling...

Mark1978
12-11-2013, 16:54

elcct
12-11-2013, 15:33
There are 2 things to take into consideration:

1- The website
It's first written in French and then translated (and proofread) in English

Same process but it also have to be validated by our UK lawyers to make sure they're adapted to the English law

For these reasons, the FR and EN cannot be launched at the same time.
That is very lame explanation. You can do that _before_ the launch, so everyone can access the same day and UK customers are not discriminated.

Kode
12-11-2013, 15:32
Quote Originally Posted by RikT
Then wouldn't it be fairer and more equal to wait until this is done before any launch, because to almost everyone this looks discrimantory
Don't be so silly RikT, that's not the OVH way.

All you need to do is look through the archives, there are threads going 3-5 years back that show this isn't a new phenomenom at OVH.

RikT
12-11-2013, 14:54

1- The website

Then wouldn't it be fairer and more equal to wait until this is done before any launch, because to almost everyone this looks discrimantory

S0phie
12-11-2013, 14:53
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
when has Oles ever directly communicated with customers other than on Twitter? (one way forum posts that take an age to be translated don't count)

-macole111
Well, like Andy said, this is how Oles likes/wants to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
That's just how Oles does things. You'll get used to it.
Regarding the forum post taking ages to be translated, a lot of users complaint here every time Oles used to post something in French. Now that we have an in-house Translator in our UK office, we've decided to post oles' information directly in English to avoid any misunderstanding, google translation...
Sorry if it takes more than 5 minutes to translate those posts but we won't be any quicker in the future.

S0phie
12-11-2013, 14:44

1- The website

Trapper
12-11-2013, 14:21
(Note from UK team: Orders on the new SYS.com and OVH.com websites will be limited to help us finalise the business plan for both websites. A delay is to be expected in UK due to legal reason. No ETA yet but we will keep you updated).
What's the betting that the "Legal Reason" will be sorted at almost exactly the same time as the rush in France is over...?

~Trap

macole111
12-11-2013, 11:37
Quote Originally Posted by marks
We did add clarifications for the UK customer base, to help understand it better applied to the UK.

Oles does communicate directly with the customers, which is a very effective way to have direct communication between him and the customers.

so yes, the notes above answer your questions
But still no specific reason why they aren't available in the UK, the only legal reasons I can see is for them being sold in the UK.

If OVH just communicated then we wouldn't have this problem, any when has Oles ever directly communicated with customers other than on Twitter? (one way forum posts that take an age to be translated don't count)

-macole111

marks
12-11-2013, 10:25
(Note from UK team: please be aware that orders will only be opened in France at this time. You will be informed of the development of the Kimsufi offer in UK afterwards).
(Note from UK team: Orders on the new SYS.com and OVH.com websites will be limited to help us finalise the business plan for both websites. A delay is to be expected in UK due to legal reason. No ETA yet but we will keep you updated).
We did add clarifications for the UK customer base, to help understand it better applied to the UK.

Oles does communicate directly with the customers, which is a very effective way to have direct communication between him and the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion
I don't understand, weren't the new Kimsufi servers supposed to be going live last Thursday? Where can I buy one as a UK customer? .co.uk shows as Sold Out.
so yes, the notes above answer your questions

Andy
12-11-2013, 08:55
Quote Originally Posted by Phixion
Okaayyy... So in that case why was it posted all over UK forums advertising their arrival?

I honestly don't understand OVH at times.

They say they are coming Thursday yet fail to mention it's .fr only?
That's just how Oles does things. You'll get used to it.

Tz-OVH
12-11-2013, 08:17
These new SYS websites are a mess, there's one that's .com and one that's .co.uk, the latter is in French.

On top of that there's a countdown which honestly you don't need in the hosting business. And all those old sites having a wealth of info that is useless now since all the ranges are changing.

On top of that, the fact that we'll require new logins/new manager access for new servers is a right messy situation.

Phixion
12-11-2013, 03:44
Okaayyy... So in that case why was it posted all over UK forums advertising their arrival?

I honestly don't understand OVH at times.

They say they are coming Thursday yet fail to mention it's .fr only?

Andy
12-11-2013, 00:47
They did for FR customers, so as a UK customer you can't yet.

Phixion
12-11-2013, 00:22
I don't understand, weren't the new Kimsufi servers supposed to be going live last Thursday? Where can I buy one as a UK customer? .co.uk shows as Sold Out.

ebony
11-11-2013, 23:32
with a setup cost as well......

shadow
11-11-2013, 22:27
OVH, I hope that when you roll out your servers, anyone who is in the EU will be able to order and not just in France (that would be against trading standards, as has already been pointed out).

makno
11-11-2013, 19:04
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Good to see some movement and an update from you OVH.

Look forward to order books being opened again and seeing the new offers.

Perhaps for UK customers to mark this new beginning for OVH there will be a BOGOF offer
there probably will be but will be announced via twitter and you'll have to enter the code to be able to get on a raffle list which will only be valid if the indian space programme rockets reaches mars before oles's mars bars have reached the best before date

rickyday
11-11-2013, 17:08
Good to see some movement and an update from you OVH.

Look forward to order books being opened again and seeing the new offers.

Perhaps for UK customers to mark this new beginning for OVH there will be a BOGOF offer

wii89
11-11-2013, 16:03
Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekster
Curious, where else did ya find? I looked at hetzner but it's just not, as flexible with the software. Mainly no vsphere or proxmox
Ordered hetzner server and they have proxmox as a template.

TheGeekster
11-11-2013, 15:47
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Personally, I won't be ordering from OVH anymore, so it isn't my problem. But I can see where someone else will take issue with it...
Curious, where else did ya find? I looked at hetzner but it's just not, as flexible with the software. Mainly no vsphere or proxmox

Myatu
11-11-2013, 14:22
But what you gonna do? Sue? ...
Personally, I won't be ordering from OVH anymore, so it isn't my problem. But I can see where someone else will take issue with it...

macole111
11-11-2013, 14:21
This is the EU, just refer them to the trading standards authorities, I am sure OVH would want that. But as pointed out before, why would OVH want to limit who can give them?

-macole111

elcct
11-11-2013, 14:16
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu

mike_
11-11-2013, 13:01
Any details if SYS servers allow additional IP addresses? They sound like they'll be in the same price bracket as my current KS-16G so would be a logical upgrade. Will I be able to fail over my KS IPs to a new SYS server? Would it need a professional usage addon?

ctype_alnum
11-11-2013, 00:21
And it continues.......... Yay lets rebrand and hopefully any new customers don't hear about all the bad stuff we did prior.

Killerc
10-11-2013, 23:48
I'll believe this when i see it up and able to order. (Not just the FR site)

TheGeekster
10-11-2013, 22:43
Only FR residents will be able to order at Kimsufi.com, SYS.com and OVH.com
Please, share with us vague customer details about how many customers you have in which country... I'm seriously curious to see what limiting it down to FR only would actually do? I can't see any sense in this.

Not your fault but these ideas are getting worse and worse, I was all for the whole splitting it down a little into different things, but now, ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SYSTEMS!?

"One step forward, two steps back, no one gets very far like thattt"

Myatu
10-11-2013, 20:06
Seems so: http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/...nsumers_en.pdf

... discriminatory practices by businesses based on the nationality or place of residence of consumers are now banned by the Services Directive.

macole111
10-11-2013, 18:05
Isn't that a violation of EU regulations?

I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I remember seeing somewhere it's illegal to discriminate unless there's a very good reason for it.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm
That's what I though, or at least my A level in Economics would suggest. Not an expert though...

-macole111

TheBritoid
10-11-2013, 17:57
Isn't that a violation of EU regulations?

I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I remember seeing somewhere it's illegal to discriminate unless there's a very good reason for it.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm

Automatic
09-11-2013, 23:30
As a Brit, can't wait for SoYouStart.

Phixion
08-11-2013, 21:05
http://www.soyoustart.com/

Countdown on there now, kimsufi.com showing some text but it's all scrambled.

Where are the Kimsufi servers that were promised today?

Vmlweb
08-11-2013, 20:55
So we're gonna have a new set of logins for the personal and sys range?
2 more login details to remember...

macole111
08-11-2013, 20:44
SYS.com isn't owned by OVH... so I think it is soyoustart.com shortened? No idea, the mind of Oles.

-macole111

village_i_diot
08-11-2013, 20:35
Quote Originally Posted by Jasgriff
www.sys.com takes me to a site that doesn't look like its owned by OVH?
Isn't it SoYouStart.com ?

Jasgriff
08-11-2013, 20:29
www.sys.com takes me to a site that doesn't look like its owned by OVH?

AdamD
08-11-2013, 19:16
I'm sure Oles is bipolar, he can never seem to make up his mind about anything, lol

S0phie
08-11-2013, 18:08
Quote Originally Posted by HostRange
Oles is in North America right now, it was 2am in France when he posted his announcement.

When we translated his post it made more sense to us to say "Today" (Friday)!

S0phie
08-11-2013, 18:05
Quote Originally Posted by madtbh
Can anyone in the UK buy a PS-4G from Kimsufi.com?

HostRange
08-11-2013, 17:53
Today? on http://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php?t=95101 it says tomorrow

Tz-OVH
08-11-2013, 17:49
This is getting more confusing...new logins, new manager, old range remains on old site/manager

macole111
08-11-2013, 17:45
Surely not allowing orders in the UK at the same time breaches EU free market rules, considering it is a European company?

Not a legal expert though, but it's good that OVH seem to be doing something.

-macole111

madtbh
08-11-2013, 17:43
Can anyone in the UK buy a PS-4G from Kimsufi.com?

S0phie
08-11-2013, 17:30
Oles explained in his post that he didn't approve the layout of the new OVH.com website. Therefore we still need to work on it, hence the delay, otherwise it would have been launched today.

Mark1978
08-11-2013, 17:14
Kimsufi first? What about your business customers then?

S0phie
08-11-2013, 17:08
Hello,

We're planning to get the Kimsufi.com website back up today. You will be able to start to ordering PS-4G (PS for Personal Server).

(Note from UK team: please be aware that orders will only be opened in France at this time. You will be informed of the development of the Kimsufi offer in UK afterwards).

A new ManagerV6 will be integrated on Kimsufi.com to enable you to manage your PS server. It will be independent of OVH.com, meaning you'll have new login details, and the list of PS servers will only be visible on Kimsufi.com. The old KS servers will not move and will remain on OVH.com.

The SoYouStart.com website will be launched today, but you won't see the details of the offers until next week, once we have finished installing the first racks and we're ready to accept the first server orders. These will be servers with 32 GB RAM. In terms of CPU, there will be 4 cores and 8 cores. Ultra-powerful servers for < €50? Yes - that's SYS. You'll also get a ManagerV6 specially designed for SYS and totally independent of OVH.com, along with new login details. The list of SYS servers will be only be visible on the SYS website.

On OVH.com, we still have a little work to do to finish the server pages. You will have understood that we have many server models which we are putting into different ranges. The presentation that was ready for today didn't entice me. So I didn't approve it. We're putting everybody on the job to get the website on a par with the dedicated server revolution in preparation.
The servers are basically VERY interesting in terms of hardware, options and prices and you have to be able to find the offer of your dreams in a couple of clicks, without any hassle. We hope to have everything finished by the end of next week.

Apologies for these continued delays but the stakes are too high to settle for something less than adequate. If we re-examine business model and we automatically reduce prices every 6 months, and offer ultra-powerful hardware and plenty of options... you have to see it our perspective - www.ovh.com - and your first impression is simply too important. Yes the stakes are huge.

The quality of the offer we're preparing for you will make it worth the wait.

Best wishes,

Octave