OVH Community, your new community space.

Is this a new support policy?

DigitalDaz
11-11-2013, 21:04
Thought of doing that but its ESXi so no smartctl

NeddySeagoon
11-11-2013, 20:51
DigitalDaz,

Have a look with smartctl -a /dev/...
Keep in mind that replacement does not imply new. Just new to you.

DigitalDaz
11-11-2013, 20:05
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Yes, in this case the customer received an email saying the ticket was updated since one was already opened.
Have to say, they are bang on here, I had missed the emails, a filter had put them somewhere it shouldn't.

A nsxxxxx.ovh.net disk was detected as being defective and
must be replaced by our team. To avoid losing data that it
contains, we strongly advise you to make a backup and
answer this ticket once that is done.

!! WARNING !! Any further failure could lead to
irretrievable loss of data

We can offer retrieval and sending of the disk by UPS.
Please contact our support for more information.

Without your response, intervention will be carried out
within 10 days of the sending of this email

If you want more details on the intervention report, please
contact our technical support.
Clearly, I'm at fault here. Reading from that I'm sure that as long as I acknowleged it, I could have had as long as I needed.

The other plus is that that is the second drive to fail in about three months so as long as it was the older one, I have two new drives hopefullly

rickyday
11-11-2013, 17:42
Yes, in this case the customer received an email saying the ticket was updated since one was already opened.
Thanks for clearing that up.

In that case then that's good Customer service/support from OVH and a job well done.

Neil
11-11-2013, 17:35
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Just to check, when a ticket is raised you do receive a email notification don't you?

rickyday
11-11-2013, 17:26
Hi

You were contacted on 31-10-2013 via the ticketing system stating that the disk was going to fail and it will be replaced in 10 days, this morning the disk was replaced. You can see this under ticket 1499036.
Just to check, when a ticket is raised you do receive a email notification don't you?

Neil
11-11-2013, 17:11
Hi

You were contacted on 31-10-2013 via the ticketing system stating that the disk was going to fail and it will be replaced in 10 days, this morning the disk was replaced. You can see this under ticket 1499036.

macole111
11-11-2013, 16:29
Support turnover is too high, therefore monkeys will be in use from now on.

-macole111

cartwright118
11-11-2013, 16:26
The support is in beta

ctype_alnum
11-11-2013, 16:18
Its the 'OVH' way.

cartwright118
11-11-2013, 16:15
School kids...

DigitalDaz
11-11-2013, 15:22
On my EG Hybrid I've just got back to find that one of the hard drives in my raidset has been swapped out.

Is this a new policy of just changing drives before we tell you we are ready for it??

A client notified me saying his website was down and when I checked, so it was. I had a vmware server with all VMs stopped, all shut down uncleanly of course.