OVH Community, your new community space.

Migrating IP Failovers

tehchris
13-11-2013, 10:24
Quote Originally Posted by cartwright118
What did they say?
Neil has kind of jumped in and spoiled the end of this story

The RIPE IP's are part of 2 split blocks, so now they are individual addresses. I therefore have 12 "individual RIPE IP's", and 4 "individual IP Failovers".

My thinking was that the 3 extra slots gained from "IP Fidelity" were for "individual IP Failovers" and it looked like this was confirmed by me being able to move more than the "3 individual IP Failovers" previously.

The response I had is that the "individual RIPE IPs" are apparently now classed as "individual IP Failover" and I have therefore used all my allowance - the way to overcome this is to un-split the block and then move the other IP Failovers over.

If this is the case, how have I been able to get where I am now? Surely I should've hit this limit much, much sooner?!

I think my head is going to explode..

Neil
13-11-2013, 10:17
You can only have 3 IP FailOvers, in this case we will resolve the issue by grouping a split block back to together into a RIPE Block which can then be moved.

cartwright118
13-11-2013, 09:54
From a first glance I'd have said yes no problem, the only thing I'm not 100% sure on if whether you can transfer/ have more than 3 FailOver IP's to the server (opposed to RIPE) IP's.

Otherwise I can't see the problem, you have plenty of slots free.

What did they say?

tehchris
13-11-2013, 09:06
Hi there,

Just a quick question for the other forum members (rather than OVH staff ).

Based on the current usage below, do you think I should be able to move 2 more Failover IP's from an old Kimsufi server to this mSP (w/Pro Usage)?

I already have a response from OVH, just wanted to see what everyone else's opinion is before I share..

Cheers