OVH Community, your new community space.

You Vote !!

rickyday
18-11-2013, 13:25
Quote Originally Posted by alex
Anti DDOS protection (can't even protect from 70mbps DDOS attack)
Where did you dream this 70Mbps figure from Alex if you dont mind me asking?

Where is your data to backup this claim? What environment/scenario was this rigourous experiement conducted in?

More technical data please.

ctype_alnum
17-11-2013, 22:27
Quote Originally Posted by alex
the whole company will bust as the rest of the family without any idea how to run company.
Change the record seriously.

alex
17-11-2013, 16:37
Quote Originally Posted by avizeke
what would happen if oles had an unfortunate unforeseeable accident, is there a predecessor to the family name that will actually set up, or is it just a family of failing upwards.

just some irony to this quickly becoming epic fail of the IT hosting industry
the whole company will bust as the rest of the family without any idea how to run company.

Trapper
16-11-2013, 23:53
what would happen if oles had an unfortunate unforeseeable accident...
After a comment like that, the first thing to happen would be a knock on your door...

~Trap

Myatu
16-11-2013, 19:41
what would happen if oles had an unfortunate unforeseeable accident, is there a predecessor to the family name that will actually set up, or is it just a family of failing upwards.

Given Oles' recent fight with cancer (and survival, thank goodness), I'm quite sure they have a "chain of command" in place. Oles' father is the company's chairman, and Oles' brother seems to hover around too.

But, having said that, I do stand by what I had mentioned some short time ago, about listing the company publicly.

avizeke
16-11-2013, 17:51

K-Xander
16-11-2013, 13:06
The Anti-DDOS protection was the only reason why I have joined OVH and I am totally dissapointed on how things are handled. VAC has been left away after Oles had a breakdown and left his customers in total dark left by quitting the only support that this "always BETA" project had.

alex
16-11-2013, 00:29
Quote Originally Posted by FrenchTart
Very well said. If only Oles would listen.
Not only listen but also completed all project inside of the company, as all of them half done. Example:
Control Panel v3
Control Panel v5
Control Panel vNEW one
Anti DDOS protection (can't even protect from 70mbps DDOS attack)

Myatu
15-11-2013, 18:59
Two thing for Oles: Finish what you start and stop being so wishy-washy. That's all that needs to be done.

FrenchTart
15-11-2013, 14:06
Quote Originally Posted by TheBritoid
I disagree with you. I now think it's stupid*stupid.
Well, I can agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Once this "blip" has passed OVH will come back bigger and stronger than ever before!

I am sure of it!

This whole affair imo was caused by the Kimsufi 2G server, if that hadn't had been introduced I don't think OVH would have run into half as much trouble as they did.

But on the other side of the coin I do admire Oles for risking it, all great leaders in business take risks!

This time it didn't pay off sadly.
I'm not sure I understand why you're so defensive of OVH. Many of the issues we have seen here have been around for a long, long time. The recent issues with delayed orders and having to place servers as "sold out" are bad (and, as you've pointed out, temporary) but the issues with Oles' management style and OVH terrible internal and external communication are not new - and are unlikely to be magically fixed by the new server range.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
Should Oles go? No, probably not, but there are several things he needs to learn from the recent set of debacles.

1. Either "own", "manage" or "do". Trying to do all three led to the problems with VAC. This should have been assigned to "do-ers" not done by the owner.

2. KS2G - When you launch something like this, which is SO ground breaking, there is a good chance there will be a land-rush. IF you are going to do something like this, put in place protection against selling what you do not have. Place a limit of 1 per customer, and when 10,000 (that you have) are sold, mark them as sold-out. Don't get to 30,000 then realise you will never catch up. Alternately, release them at £10 PCM, and work down from there.

3. All Servers Sold Out. Why..? the higher ranges (above FS/SP) should never have been taken out. This must be where the greatest profit is. By making these sold-out you are saying you cannot keep up with demand on these too...

4. Do not take on too much at once. A complete set of new servers, AND VAC, AND CP5/6 AND... This is never going to work.

~Trap
Very well said. If only Oles would listen.

Andy
15-11-2013, 12:14
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
Should Oles go? No, probably not, but there are several things he needs to learn from the recent set of debacles.

snip

~Trap
I agree with every one of those points.

Mark1978
15-11-2013, 08:25
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
This whole affair imo was caused by the Kimsufi 2G server, if that hadn't had been introduced I don't think OVH would have run into half as much trouble as they did.

That was part of it but not the entire story. As Oles himself has said it was all about turnover.

Take ourselves, had approx 25 EG servers paid for monthly. OVH comes out with new servers with better processors, 2.5x the RAM, double the disk space. For the same cost as before. We ditched all our current servers and went for the new ones, of course we did, we'd be crazy not to. Trouble is everyone else did the same

TheBritoid
14-11-2013, 18:53
Quote Originally Posted by FrenchTart
I disagree with TheBritoid. This is not stupid.

It's hilariously stupid.
I disagree with you. I now think it's stupid*stupid.

Trapper
14-11-2013, 18:02

1. Either "own", "manage" or "do". Trying to do all three led to the problems with VAC. This should have been assigned to "do-ers" not done by the owner.

2. KS2G - When you launch something like this, which is SO ground breaking, there is a good chance there will be a land-rush. IF you are going to do something like this, put in place protection against selling what you do not have. Place a limit of 1 per customer, and when 10,000 (that you have) are sold, mark them as sold-out. Don't get to 30,000 then realise you will never catch up. Alternately, release them at £10 PCM, and work down from there.

3. All Servers Sold Out. Why..? the higher ranges (above FS/SP) should never have been taken out. This must be where the greatest profit is. By making these sold-out you are saying you cannot keep up with demand on these too...

4. Do not take on too much at once. A complete set of new servers, AND VAC, AND CP5/6 AND... This is never going to work.

~Trap

macole111
14-11-2013, 17:05
I didn't realise OVH was totally family owned, I thought there was other shareholders that had financed the company at various points. Anyway, my original point still stands that if the other shareholders (even if they are family) vote Oles out then he has to go, he isn't the sole owner (at least in the UK he would, not sure with French company law). Not that it is ever going to happen.

-macole111

rickyday
14-11-2013, 16:49
Quote Originally Posted by marks
Many of you who have been with OVH for quite a while know that this is a very unusual situation, and we'll be over it very soon. Afterwards, we'll be back to 72h delivery times and the server ranges will be very clear.
Completely and wholeheartedly agree, for those of us that have been with OVH for years and years can vouch for the wonderful service that has been provided in the past and the brilliant deployment times of the servers.

Those times will come back for OVH

rickyday
14-11-2013, 16:47
Once this "blip" has passed OVH will come back bigger and stronger than ever before!

I am sure of it!

But on the other side of the coin I do admire Oles for risking it, all great leaders in business take risks!

This time it didn't pay off sadly.

avizeke
14-11-2013, 16:12
standards of practice. in general mark. ironic that this was orgionaly set up to simply show to others what people think about how this is affecting us. and yet this has spiralled into BS. now i just think there are alot of haters on these forums coupled with some trolling.

bah, what a wasted effort. good luck moaning into random posts guys.

Mark1978
14-11-2013, 14:49
It's not any of trading standards business if customers are 'not happy', as frustrating as the current situation may be.

avizeke
14-11-2013, 13:23
ok, i never said "with this post lets write oles out of this". Where debating whether we all agree with what is happening, family ran or not, there is a standard that isnt been upheld, and its clear to me that the staff know only as much as we do as a consumer.

The staff are only here to cushion the blow for when oles does announce things. The staff doesnt know until he announces.

Is there really one place any trading standards or authorities can go to identify the reasons as to why most of there consumers are not happy.

Is there actual constructive feedback that clear. Because from what i can see, its a massive mess of posts about development everywhere.

I mean for example 3 different domains branching out yet some countries can have and some cant as of yet. and then the ideas and concept behind the products. and then the time frame its taken for this to take place.

Neil
14-11-2013, 13:08
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
Oles isn't the only shareholder, but as long as the rest of them are happy for him to be CEO then he will be.

-macole111
FYI OVH is family owned.

Maidos
14-11-2013, 13:03
Quote Originally Posted by marks

Uh Mark, if you re-read the thread again you should realize the criticism is pointed at the way internal communication works in ovh. When oles announce something its without letting the staff know about it and abruptly release the news at twitter and the forum.
The way ive seen on the forum is that ovh staff has no clue what is going and notify customer to wait till oles release some news and no contingency plans are available at all.
Oles is making too much rush, independent and alone decision based on the customers impression and its not really making it any better.

As many people complained before, we lack a website with information portal announcing the changes and aswell notify when it takes in effect not just quietly introduce without any realizing it until they specifically look for it.

marks
14-11-2013, 12:33
we know that this period of not taking orders for new server is not good for our customers, neither for OVH. But the reasons have been explained (get OVH some time to think what's the best offer to move the company to the next stage) and we ask you to be patient.

We know that you would like to have much more information and ETA for the servers to come back, and that following step-by-step the process, may seem that you don't have all the information, but that's exactly what this process is about: find out the best server ranges and conditions so we can go on providing servers in a sustainable way for the company (avoid excessive churn). We can provide you the final information because, if we could, that would mean that we've taken the desisions about the new server ranges.

Many of you who have been with OVH for quite a while know that this is a very unusual situation, and we'll be over it very soon. Afterwards, we'll be back to 72h delivery times and the server ranges will be very clear.

macole111
14-11-2013, 11:17
Oles isn't the only shareholder, but as long as the rest of them are happy for him to be CEO then he will be.

-macole111

FrenchTart
14-11-2013, 10:11
I disagree with TheBritoid. This is not stupid.

It's hilariously stupid.

TheBritoid
14-11-2013, 08:01
OVH is a private company, Oles owns the company.

This is stupid.

Killerc
14-11-2013, 04:43
Vote of no confidence in avizeke.

There is no yes or no vote, its his company.

Full No votes would more likely mean OVH ceases to exist. Not that this "poll" you've made means anything in the world given the reasoning you've described, you've skipped almost everything that has key relevance on either side and as its your post i'm not going to help fill in the gaps. Much better you should understand then post, than post, then be made to understand.

Stop trying to cause crap. You sound about 12 making a post like this, hopefully you're not but you seem to skip the important parts quite well and go straight for the tar and feather.

avizeke
14-11-2013, 03:02
I somehow think that even the support staff at ovh are supressed as to what is happening until oles opens his mouth on twitter, Infact I would assume that there support staff knows things the same time that we would as a consumer. Harsh to say but I think we should be thankful that at least the company is communicating and even answering some of the questions, even though most of it is frustrating and not completely explained.

Moreover, domain changes confusing different countries with buying new dedi’s, and when these products are released I am gonna find it very very hard to believe that everyone is gonna be happy with the changes, Could possibly be more costly, time delay on new orders and a limitation on orders taken.

Ovh support team is where the value is in my eyes. But if the forum community had the option to vote on whether oles should be running ovh, my impression over the last few months and also given his inconsistency on his overall performance that he would be voted out quickly.

Shall we humour the ovh forums and keep record of this event so that in time to come we can reflect and look back at this post, so that when he pulls another stunt, new customers as well as existing can see this post and see constructive one line statements to the vote you decided.

Yes being a vote for removal of oles given his actions the past few months.

No being a vote signifying his decision have been right the past few months.

A simple constructive statement as to why you chose your answer