OVH Community, your new community space.

mSP XenServer record Audio?

rickyday
28-11-2013, 20:20
Quote Originally Posted by HostRange
Yes it only works when "Record from this computer" is on under "remote audio recording".

Windows says there is "No audio output device is installed". I do not know what to install to get it working

Is it possible to do this without a sound card?

I cannot help with firefox plugins but I am sure there is something out there.

When I used winamp in a server with no soundcard I used something called a Null Output Plugin, I am sure there must be something like this out there to help with firefox or perhaps you can use winamp/shoutcast depending on what you want to do?

shoutcast null_output
http://www.winamp.com/plugin/null-output-plugin/28451

Just thought this info might assist you possibly?

dayvo
28-11-2013, 15:29
Yes it only works when "Record from this computer" is on under "remote audio recording".

Windows says there is "No audio output device is installed". I do not know what to install to get it working

The chances are your server doesnt have a soundcard installed so it is technically deaf - you cannot record sound without a soundcard

What exactly are you trying to achieve? I'll see if there is an alternative way to do what you need

HostRange
28-11-2013, 15:11

dayvo
28-11-2013, 14:58
Remote desktop will attempt to map your local resources to the server on connection, which is why you are probably seeing things stop working when you end your remote desktop session.

Go to start -> run and type mstsc

This will open the remote desktop connection window, click options and then select the local resources tab. Make sure that is not overriding anything in terms of audio or recording

HostRange
28-11-2013, 14:40
I need a playback source for the firefox browser to work when I log off from remote desktop.

I do not need to record sorry.

dayvo
28-11-2013, 12:58
I have been trying to figure out how to record sound on the VPS however it only works while I am connected through RDP

OS is Windows 2008 R2 64 Standard

Does anyone know how I can get this working?
What audio source are you trying to record from?

HostRange
28-11-2013, 12:38
I have been trying to figure out how to record sound on the VPS however it only works while I am connected through RDP

OS is Windows 2008 R2 64 Standard

Does anyone know how I can get this working?