OVH Community, your new community space.

hating ovh

avizeke
04-12-2013, 21:19
the fact that they have a investment that secures also there independence as a business doesnt really matter whether we vote inside ovh or not, but we can set up a private web site dedicated to the best places to get your servers from and have voting polls on there as well.

we may not be able to change what they think, but we can certainly change the way the customers think.

NeddySeagoon
04-12-2013, 17:51
Quote Originally Posted by avizeke
There should be a open grievance with how this is conducted and a voting system whether the consumers believe what ovh is currently doing on certain points are good or not. Its just constructive. ovhow.com sounds good. It should only be in english so that people like oles cant read it and we will just put it down to karma. It should maybe have peoples experiences on ovh as well, not slander... but constructive words what they think, how its been for them, etc.
We can vote with our wallets ...
Thats the most powerful vote any costomer has.

LawsHosting
04-12-2013, 16:10
I've only ever used OVH for dedi servers.... or as they say now... personal servers....

Opened an account at online.net, and, tbh, they seem attractive for future needs.

Criot
04-12-2013, 11:56
OVH are meant to try and draw customers in from their competitors, not throw them out to their competitors.

They're either going to have to rethink their pricing and come up with another decent range, or lose a hell of a lot of customers. When I say they need to do this, it needs to be done within a matter of DAYS, not months.

I've personally gone out and bought a server from OneProvider, great service so far and within the price range.

dayvo
04-12-2013, 10:19
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
$190 million - no servers to rent, angry customers... money well spent.

"Look after your customers or someone else will..."

Neil
04-12-2013, 10:09
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
I heard that OVH got a load of funding from some investors (French banks?) and if I were them I would demand to know what the hell was going on.

If OVH were a public company the current management wouldn't survive...

-macole111
It is not a rumour, we did http://www.ovh.com/us/a1112.ovh-com-...llions-dollars

Trapper
04-12-2013, 09:07
All these aspects are interesting facts all of which ovh dont really care to comment about, because they have nothing to say. i run two LTD uk business's both online, Not easy dealing with OVH given these quick arrogant changes with no thought for the customers and previous customers. Instead i think they have just intended to look out for " what kind of customers they want " .

They havnt even put up the " gamer" dedi server yet as its in alpha stages. there ovaton is supposed to be a hosting website server option, when on OVH they already have hosting dedi;s there.... zero common sense and too much money. There business has imploded over the last three months from the massive peak of the MsP, its gonna be a while before they wake up from this sedated state of arrogance.

Oneprovider are doing cheap FR servers at the moment

Hetzner are doing bidder on servers in Germany

These are alternatives,

There should be a open grievance with how this is conducted and a voting system whether the consumers believe what ovh is currently doing on certain points are good or not. Its just constructive. ovhow.com sounds good. It should only be in english so that people like oles cant read it and we will just put it down to karma. It should maybe have peoples experiences on ovh as well, not slander... but constructive words what they think, how its been for them, etc.
There is an open grievance system. It's called the OVH forum. And NO Oles never reads the UK forum, why would he bother.

OVH stopped doing "Server" business, and now they are re-starting they will obviously do so in the expensive markets first. What no-one at OVH seems to get is that there is a need for servers, with support, but basic hardware.

The companies doing well are those who fill the gap OVH has left: Multi-core (4 is enough) 4 or 8 GB Ram. I would have loved to get my hands on an mSP for one of the projects I have completed. Yes the mSP had 28GB more memory that I needed, but everything else was right. Instead, I got that server from LW (yes less memory, but less money too).

~Trap

avizeke
04-12-2013, 03:04
All these aspects are interesting facts all of which ovh dont really care to comment about, because they have nothing to say. i run two LTD uk business's both online, Not easy dealing with OVH given these quick arrogant changes with no thought for the customers and previous customers. Instead i think they have just intended to look out for " what kind of customers they want " .

They havnt even put up the " gamer" dedi server yet as its in alpha stages. there ovaton is supposed to be a hosting website server option, when on OVH they already have hosting dedi;s there.... zero common sense and too much money. There business has imploded over the last three months from the massive peak of the MsP, its gonna be a while before they wake up from this sedated state of arrogance.

Oneprovider are doing cheap FR servers at the moment

Hetzner are doing bidder on servers in Germany

These are alternatives,

colo
04-12-2013, 00:35
Feel like we are all being punished because of something OVH released as a product, Why should we be paying a install fee because of a problem they saw with there MsP server when releasing it. 3 months later of no one buying and alot of hate and now this is here... a messed up multi web page design.

This bad practice leads me like many others to consider other areas like hetzner with no setup fee on there bidding area,

if its one piece of advise i can give to ovh its this. No one is liking this concept, at all. there is at least one thing everyone doesnt like what your doing, fee being one thing, the layout being another, i dont get kimsufi but that range is also now none existent. People Speak out because they care of where they are hosted, That feed back you was asking for about your new range... you wont get feedback at all if this carries one because people would of moved somewhere else.

I am left with NO choice BUT to now consider hetzner. Drop fee and maybe people will be forgiving considering what you have done to your consumers the past 3 months with no more purchases.
I beg to differ, Hetzner are liking this..... online.net are liking this..... oneprovider are also liking this!

macole111
03-12-2013, 18:50
I heard that OVH got a load of funding from some investors (French banks?) and if I were them I would demand to know what the hell was going on.

If OVH were a public company the current management wouldn't survive...

-macole111

shadow
03-12-2013, 18:03
It's true, OVH basically ****ed up, and we, as consumers are basically paying for it. I am honestly hoping as a result OVH are burnt to the ground and someone else, who is more competent, is able to take over until they fail and then somebody else as the cycle continues. The sad part is that OVH are so huge and that is unlikely to happen, but I guess they won't be reporting record breaking profits again in the next few years, as I and I'm sure many others have lost total faith in them as a company.

Trapper
03-12-2013, 15:54
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
Go to another provider then you fool.
I think many others have. Some of the "old hands" Like Andy and Myatu already have. I also have; three servers taken from other companies.

The problem (for OVH) is that I (and those like me) have been forced to look elsewhere. Now we have not just looked over the fence, but been on the proverbial "grass", we have found that in some ways it is indeed greener.

The last three times I needed to contact support:

Nov 2013 / Servarica:
Placed an order - offer code did not carry-over, so was not applied
Contacted support (email), and contract and credit done within the hour

Oct 2013 / Leaseweb
Tried to register Windows - Failed.
Contact support (ticket) - was fixed within the hour

May 2013 / OVH
Had un-known network problems, connections sometimes allowed / sometimes not.
Contacted support (ticket) chased by email and forum
Was left in the dark for three days, then told to contact a mailing list about dDoS (?-no anti-dDoS on this network?-had not been announced), by a French data-centre tech who could not make themselves understood in English...

I do not consider myself a hater of OVH, I still have servers here and will continue to check their offers. I do however laugh at them regularly, like I would any other comedy sketch show.

Will I buy from OVH again? They will have to be very cheap, for me to put up with the way they carry on...

~Trap

ctype_alnum
03-12-2013, 14:54
Go to another provider then you fool.

theatheist
03-12-2013, 11:16
Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978
I think hate is too strong but I think we can all agree the new offerings are awful compared to what OVH used to offer. And the fact it's taken several months of 'work' to come up with this.
Indeed. 3 months of waiting for this is an absolute disgrace and an insult tbh.

Mark1978
03-12-2013, 09:31
I think hate is too strong but I think we can all agree the new offerings are awful compared to what OVH used to offer. And the fact it's taken several months of 'work' to come up with this.

dayvo
03-12-2013, 08:47
Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGam
I too have a UK LTD and the only requirement is to send them a copy of your Company Certificate and have a card that you can pay for your servers on. As soon as they received my scan, I had a server in 20 minutes time. New servers bought through the control panel are normally ready in less than 15 minutes from when you press buy! If you don't have a company debit/credit card there is nothing to stop you buying the servers out your own personal account and then claim it back from your company as expenses.
Forgive me for being blind as a bat, but where do you order servers from within your control panel?

LinuxGam
02-12-2013, 20:12
Quote Originally Posted by dayvo
Hate is a strong word, however I feel as frustrated as you are. I have been needing some new servers and have waited for OVH to release their new lines, unfortunately I dont really make much money off the servers so the setup fee and the higher rental prices have priced me out of that. I have heard of the broker site, which could have some potential for me, although now I know how this company works I am a little paranoid about what the business requirements will be. I have a registered company, so i have a company reg number, registered address etc, but without any clear information on the requirements Im starting to wonder how many hoops we'll be required to jump through to be allowed to buy something
I too have a UK LTD and the only requirement is to send them a copy of your Company Certificate and have a card that you can pay for your servers on. As soon as they received my scan, I had a server in 20 minutes time. New servers bought through the control panel are normally ready in less than 15 minutes from when you press buy! If you don't have a company debit/credit card there is nothing to stop you buying the servers out your own personal account and then claim it back from your company as expenses.

guufi
02-12-2013, 19:48
i know it's just a business model they ****ed up with, but we already moved to another provider, just time to time looking at ovh website, waiting for changes, just for fun...

avizeke
02-12-2013, 18:41
thanks geekster for showing this to us all, i had a look and its looking like my new option.

elcct
02-12-2013, 16:32
I have a new project going on and can't find anything in the new OVH offer that would suit me. Closest one is Xeon-1 & Xeon-2 in SYS, but then there is no room to grow in SYS (you have to dump SYS servers and move to OVH if you want more - which costs too much money and hassle) also these have internal bandwidth restricted to 200mbit, so you can't really build any infrastructure with it. Then offers in OVH are too expensive / weird and too powerful for a start-up.
And online.net actually has offers that will let this project grow, so i guess i will give them a go this time.

dayvo
02-12-2013, 16:10
Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekster
I like OVH but, http://www.online.net/en

Server in under 20 minutes
It would seem thats the way to go. I'd have preferred to have everything under one roof and i wouldnt mind continuing to wait but not when the ETA constantly changes or is extremely vague.

TheGeekster
02-12-2013, 15:53
Quote Originally Posted by dayvo
Hate is a strong word, however I feel as frustrated as you are. I have been needing some new servers and have waited for OVH to release their new lines, unfortunately I dont really make much money off the servers so the setup fee and the higher rental prices have priced me out of that. I have heard of the broker site, which could have some potential for me, although now I know how this company works I am a little paranoid about what the business requirements will be. I have a registered company, so i have a company reg number, registered address etc, but without any clear information on the requirements Im starting to wonder how many hoops we'll be required to jump through to be allowed to buy something
I like OVH but, http://www.online.net/en

Server in under 20 minutes

dayvo
02-12-2013, 14:14
Feel like we are all being punished because of something OVH released as a product, Why should we be paying a install fee because of a problem they saw with there MsP server when releasing it. 3 months later of no one buying and alot of hate and now this is here... a messed up multi web page design.

This bad practice leads me like many others to consider other areas like hetzner with no setup fee on there bidding area,

if its one piece of advise i can give to ovh its this. No one is liking this concept, at all. there is at least one thing everyone doesnt like what your doing, fee being one thing, the layout being another, i dont get kimsufi but that range is also now none existent. People Speak out because they care of where they are hosted, That feed back you was asking for about your new range... you wont get feedback at all if this carries one because people would of moved somewhere else.

I am left with NO choice BUT to now consider hetzner. Drop fee and maybe people will be forgiving considering what you have done to your consumers the past 3 months with no more purchases.

avizeke
02-12-2013, 13:47