OVH Community, your new community space.

London Comedy Clubs?

Trapper
03-12-2013, 09:08
Quote Originally Posted by makno
Sorry but i think slashing on the OVH uk staff is not good. I do think they are victims of the business and I won't be surprised if in the comng months we see new faces around. Let's not forget they are not the ones making the decisions, we all know who the circus master is
I guess niko napier is my new straight man. (On checking the wikipedia link, oddly it also mentioned farce) It seems odd that the OP should choose to come here and make his first post on this of all forums asking for Comedy Clubs in London... And then not reply to the suggestions.

All this, and he managed to set me up for a gag which could not go un-said. As dayvo said, no harm is meant.

I have some respect for the UK staff, but if I were in their position my French-side-contact would be getting ear-ache on a daily basis. Mainly because of the apparent lack of information. I cannot count the number of times it seems that UK staff are trying to comment to customers about tweets the customer has read, about which the UK staff know nothing.

So I do not apologise for taking a crack at them. Words like Comedy, Farce and indeed slap-stick really do spring to mind.

I should however apologise to the OP for not saying welcome, and apologise again for the thread-hijack.

~Trap

dayvo
03-12-2013, 08:45
Quote Originally Posted by makno
Sorry but i think slashing on the OVH uk staff is not good. I do think they are victims of the business and I won't be surprised if in the comng months we see new faces around. Let's not forget they are not the ones making the decisions, we all know who the circus master is
It's all in the name of fun, no harm meant

makno
03-12-2013, 00:40

Myatu
02-12-2013, 20:46
The Comedy Tree is one that's already been mentioned. There's plenty in the area though. I highly recommend these two sites for finding things to do - including comedy clubs:

http://www.timeout.com/london
http://londonist.com/

RikT
02-12-2013, 20:19
Hmmm , it doesnt look much like a comedy club, its more liek a circus... full of clowns

dayvo
02-12-2013, 19:37
On the plus side though if you go down the road they've opened a sister comedy club but there is an enterance fee, and the drinks are quite expensive

macole111
02-12-2013, 18:54
I was going to go, unfortunately Oles was on holiday (or wherever he is most of the time) so the only act was Marks...

-macole111

Jasgriff
02-12-2013, 17:42
Just called to make a booking but it seems you can only buy a ticket if you live in France?

Trapper
02-12-2013, 17:30
Quote Originally Posted by dayvo
*Chuckles*

It's not open for a few weeks though..
...and even then you'll need a ticket...

~Trap

dayvo
02-12-2013, 16:58
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
There is one at:

3 Southwark street, London SE1 1RQ

No prizes for the first to recognise this...

~Trap
*Chuckles*

It's not open for a few weeks though..

Trapper
02-12-2013, 16:54
Quote Originally Posted by Niko Napier
Can anyone please recommend a comedy club in London? I am a student so preferably somewhere that holds student night and preferably somewhere near my home in Putney. Thank you
There is one at:

3 Southwark street, London SE1 1RQ

No prizes for the first to recognise this...

~Trap

cartwright118
02-12-2013, 16:05
Can anyone please recommend a comedy club in London? I am a student so preferably somewhere that holds student night and preferably somewhere near my home in Putney. Thank you
http://www.thecomedystore.co.uk

dayvo
02-12-2013, 14:40
Havent been myself but a friend has:

http://www.thecomedytree.com/

Niko Napier
02-12-2013, 14:30