OVH Community, your new community space.

Order of new server from SYS

rickyday
11-12-2013, 13:58
Quote Originally Posted by theatheist
Try winstaller.org
When does the Christmas HALF PRICE sale begin?

theatheist
11-12-2013, 13:27
Try winstaller.org

rickyday
10-12-2013, 15:52
As trap has mentioned Hyper V is basically just the standalone hypervisor, virtualisation role and nothing else.

Also to mention this is Microsoft's FREE hypervisor software!! and you should never expect to or be asked to pay for it..

OVH really need to pull their fingers out and get 2008 R2 & 2012 R2 Server versions in the install manager.

It really isn't good enough you order a new server and get offered just Hyper-V, must do better!!

I expect the reason they aren't available in the install manager is because OVH engineers haven't actually tested these operating systems with the new ranges to make sure they are compatible.

I would be happy to take over this role for OVH, if they supply me with all the new servers, I will personally test Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/Hyper-V/R2 on every single one for them.

No charge.

They just give me a free server at the end of it, and that is a lot of time testing, the offer is there.

Trapper
10-12-2013, 00:00
Quote Originally Posted by benjwilkins
So I just installed Hyper-V, and log into remote desktop.

I don't get a desktop, I get command prompts and server config prompts..

What is this? How do I get to my desktop
Hyper-V is a "core" version of Windows, it does not have a traditional desktop. It is designed to hold the containers, into which you put the virtual machines you are going to run.

~Trap

LinuxGam
09-12-2013, 23:08
I can't help you on that as I have never used Windows Hyper V. I think Ricky on the forums is your man.

benjwilkins
09-12-2013, 23:06
So I just installed Hyper-V, and log into remote desktop.

I don't get a desktop, I get command prompts and server config prompts..

What is this? How do I get to my desktop

LinuxGam
09-12-2013, 22:23
It might be short name for the Windows Visualization Platform, i.e Windows Hyper V

benjwilkins
09-12-2013, 22:06
Hey, I phoned up the customer support last night and they said I can install Windows server 2008 on the server if I purchased.

Now I only see Windows Hyper?

What is this Hyper?