OVH Community, your new community space.

Anyone good with servers and have some experience with proxmox?

DigitalDaz
16-12-2013, 01:25
Well, as a start, you can cluster Proxmox without having to part with large amounts of your hard earned $$$ to VMWare.

I think the big appeal currently is that the new Kimsufis that only have a single IP can still be used with Proxmox, something you are unable to do with VMWare.

crowarth
14-12-2013, 22:49
what's so good about proxmox? i keep hearing of it, but haven't really looked at it. I'm used to VMware myself, as i work with it daily.

Kode
14-12-2013, 21:25
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
You could always learn something yourself?
I'm not asking for someone to do it for me, I'm looking for someone who is more knowledgeable than me on the subject to bounce some ideas off in real time. Also it's not always as easy as just learning something yourself, with so much information on the internet you can often follow outdated information just because you don't know any better, it's better to say to someone who has mmore of a clue "look, i've been researching this, is this the right route to go down" then they can say "yeah, that's how I would do it" or "sure, if you want you server to do down in a flame of hacks, take a look at this link instead"

@LinuxGam Thanks for your reply, I have PMed you.

LinuxGam
14-12-2013, 21:08
Quote Originally Posted by Kode
As per the post on https://www.facebook.com/fanart.tv (no idea how to get the link to the post directly), does anyone who is knowledgeable of servers in general and proxmox have a bit of time they could spare me and help out a community project by giving me some advice on some things, if so please send me your gchat/gtalk email address (needs to be a live conversation as email / pm exchanges make it hard to get anything done).
Hi Kode,

I have run a few and use both public and private networks ranges as well as Tinc (as recommended by Myatu) on a ProxMox Cluster. I am definitely not in his league with Proxmox but have had many issues since I started and have eventually worked them all out.

So feel free to message me if you want to discuss anything, I can't promise I know the answer, but will happy to try and help a fellow forum member.

Matt

ctype_alnum
14-12-2013, 20:25
You could always learn something yourself?

Kode
14-12-2013, 18:04
As per the post on https://www.facebook.com/fanart.tv (no idea how to get the link to the post directly), does anyone who is knowledgeable of servers in general and proxmox have a bit of time they could spare me and help out a community project by giving me some advice on some things, if so please send me your gchat/gtalk email address (needs to be a live conversation as email / pm exchanges make it hard to get anything done).