OVH Community, your new community space.

Out of stock again ....seriously??

Neil
24-12-2013, 17:46
Quote Originally Posted by theatheist
I'm starting to think this is an inside job and somebody working in OVH is sabotaging this company because nobody can be this incompetent.

Was just about to place an order for a 64G and they're out of stock or "Soon" which I haven't got much optimism for because the server next to it has "10 Days"??

I mean wtf, seriously? After 3 months of all servers been "out of stock" you go back out of stock after only couple of weeks? What were people doing in this time, getting drunk?

Sorry about the rant but every single week something happens that gets me more and more frustrated with OVH.
The SP-64 is available to order again and will be delivered in the new year.

crowarth
24-12-2013, 16:14
I just gave online.net a go, delivered within a few minutes, and now installing OS. I do like the idea of being billed pro-rata, means I can give them a whirl and see how they are. So far so good ..

alex
23-12-2013, 01:37
haha, ovh back to normal routing, nothing is new.

Andy
22-12-2013, 23:26
It's not hard to make a stock system. Their system already knows if a server exists and is ready to deploy, there's no reason at all they can't put that onto the site as an exact figure. When a machine is ready its racked and keyed into the system so it knows it's there, so the number increases. What's so hard about that? It's no different to automatic stock levels in your local supermarket.

Criot
22-12-2013, 21:03
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
Ok, first of all it doesn't state anywhere it is ETA.

Secondly, i don't think you can call it ETA if it has so huge error.

It just says OVH has poor suppliers / engineers / infrastructure if can't estimate such thing. But I can understand - for them constantly displaying 10 days (which is meaningless) will get them a lot of profit on interest, because even if disappointed client cancels the order money stays with them for a bit.
I'm guessing Availability means it'd be setup within 10 days. They've probably had a mad rush of orders because of the 3 months out of stock, they probably don't want to put 72 hours or whatever because they don't know if they can meet that.

Nothing wrong with them putting 10 days in my opinion.

elcct
22-12-2013, 18:16
Quote Originally Posted by theatheist
The 10 is a ETA of setup after order not when stock will be back in so not pointless.

...however the server was installed within 24 hours anyway so happy days
Ok, first of all it doesn't state anywhere it is ETA.

Secondly, i don't think you can call it ETA if it has so huge error.

It just says OVH has poor suppliers / engineers / infrastructure if can't estimate such thing. But I can understand - for them constantly displaying 10 days (which is meaningless) will get them a lot of profit on interest, because even if disappointed client cancels the order money stays with them for a bit.

theatheist
22-12-2013, 15:47
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
These numbers are likely fake. If today is 10 and tomorrow is 10 again, then it is pointless to even show that.
The 10 is a ETA of setup after order not when stock will be back in so not pointless.

...however the server was installed within 24 hours anyway so happy days

elcct
21-12-2013, 22:59
These numbers are likely fake. If today is 10 and tomorrow is 10 again, then it is pointless to even show that.

theatheist
21-12-2013, 22:22
Its now been changed to 10 days like the others.

NeddySeagoon
21-12-2013, 18:49
It will be the Christmas rush.
Maybe there will be a Jauary sale ?

theatheist
21-12-2013, 15:59
I'm starting to think this is an inside job and somebody working in OVH is sabotaging this company because nobody can be this incompetent.

Was just about to place an order for a 64G and they're out of stock or "Soon" which I haven't got much optimism for because the server next to it has "10 Days"??

I mean wtf, seriously? After 3 months of all servers been "out of stock" you go back out of stock after only couple of weeks? What were people doing in this time, getting drunk?

Sorry about the rant but every single week something happens that gets me more and more frustrated with OVH.