OVH Community, your new community space.

SYS-E32-1 Order Time?

Criot
31-12-2013, 14:13
The 'first available server' is for when they operate the servers in multiple DCs. For example, RBX and GRA. If GRA has a 10 day setup time, whilst RBX has a 10 day setup time, you have the option to choose first available server, so whenever one comes available in ANY datacentre, you get it. Where as if you chose GRA, you'd get a server within 10 days in the GRA dc, you wouldn't be considered for a server in RBX, even if one came available before GRA.

That's how I see it as working, but I agree the '10 j' should be changed to English. Obviously just an error on the system.

Myatu
31-12-2013, 13:22
I'd have to agree that "10j" does not immediately convey "10 days", and that "First available server" equally does not give the impression it could be as long as those 10 days or more. That should definitely be made clear at the time of order -- particularly as this has always been a sticking issue with OVH.

DaMadBoy
31-12-2013, 10:50
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Stop your whining. I'm all for beating OVH with a big stick when they deserve it but being as it tells you 10 days before you order it then don't express surprise and start bleating when you find it will take 10 days
First of all, yes I was surprised that it takes 10 days because the last 3 servers I bought from OVH were set up in 15 minutes to an hour.

Secondly the only reference I can find to 10 days is on the datacenter select page where it says "10j" I went on google translator to discover that the "J" stands for the french word for days, how was I meant to know what that meant when I don't speak a word of french. I choose the option that says "First available server"

For all I knew at the time "10j" could have been minutes, hours, days, weeks or months. Point is it's not clear, I only found out what it meant when I came to the forum and saw the post above. I apologise for making the mistake of assuming that the set up service would be the same as it was. So I think I am well within my right to come here and "bleat".

Did you know from first glance that 10j meant 10 days? Because I didn't, maybe if I knew the french language I would have done but I don't. Considering I didn't even choose that option I didn't pay any mind to it.

ctype_alnum
30-12-2013, 17:51
You know you can't get things quickly here so just order elsewhere. Also its Christmas time incase you didn't know.

DigitalDaz
30-12-2013, 14:11
Stop your whining. I'm all for beating OVH with a big stick when they deserve it but being as it tells you 10 days before you order it then don't express surprise and start bleating when you find it will take 10 days

DaMadBoy
29-12-2013, 16:07
10 days? Are you kidding? So not only do we now have to pay a setup fee that is more than the monthly cost we also have to wait until we can actually use it.

I could order the individual components and build a server within 24 hours, only reason I don't is because I have a crappy net connection that isn't worth a damn and it takes a company like OVH 10 days.

There goes my plans for the 1st of January, I knew I should have switched hosts but no I thought, stay loyal to OVH. Look what it bloody gets me.

Neil
23-12-2013, 17:11
Hello

The setup time for the SYS-E32-1 t is 10 Days, as listed on the website, see https://eu.soyoustart.com/en/cgi-bin...i?hard=141sys1

mhamzahkhan
23-12-2013, 16:56
Hi,

I ordered a SYS-E32-1 this morning, and I'm still waiting on setup? How long does it usually take?
Whenever I have ordered a KS server in the past, it's been much faster setup than this, and I didn't have to pay a setup fee!