OVH Community, your new community space.

SYS VAT removal and RBX or GRA?

S0phie
11-07-2014, 16:23
Hi

I understand you are waiting for your account to be validated with no VAT but posting the same requests on different threads will not speed up the process and you might be banned from this forum!

Prasanth
11-07-2014, 11:52
Hello

Am from india. I dont have any business in Europe. So please remove VAT.
My nichandle is " ap85402-sys ".
Order number: *29395594

Thank you.

Prasanth
11-07-2014, 11:48
Hello

Am from india. I dont have any business in Europe. So please remove VAT.
My nichandle is " ap85402-sys ".
Order number: *29395594

Thank you.

Jasgriff
07-01-2014, 15:51
Don't feel bad for me I am used to it

I think we are the last country to be added to the drop down list. Probably a blessing.

nigel
07-01-2014, 15:24
Quote Originally Posted by Jasgriff
I cant see there being many questions as no one in the UK can buy one yet
I feel bad for you that you can't buy one yet being located right beside the servers, but however I am from Canada.

nigel
07-01-2014, 15:23
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Any question related to the new KS servers (commercial/billing/technical) must be asked on the dedicated forum: http://forum.kimsufi.com/forumdispla...8KS%29-English
Hi SOphie, thanks for your help on this. But like Trapper said, kimsufi mentioned from me was just a comparison to the SYS account I have been having troubles with.

nigel
07-01-2014, 15:21
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
Hey, No problem...

I think there is a known issue with the SYS Control Panel, and also some of the renewal systems.

I'd recommend emailing support about this, just to get the latest word, and maybe even annoy them into doing something...

When you mention v3, I guess you mean OVH Manager v3... This is totally separate, so will not allow you access, as your account is with SYS.

~Trap
Hi again Trap, I did what you said and this is the response I got:

Hello,

If you wish to change personal details on your account such as your email address and password you may do so underneath your name which appears at the top right hand corner of your control panel. Click here and it gives you options, chose the account option and then click edit. Here you can change your email address.

To change your password go to the control panel home page, you can access this via the so you start website by clicking control panel, and then click on the forgot your password option. This will send you a link to reset your password.

Kind regards,
Jenny

As I am truely grateful for the response I responded back that I tried that over 50 times yesterday on both chrome, IE, and firefox and the changes don't stick. They DO stick on my kimsufi control panel though????

Trapper
07-01-2014, 15:08
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Any question related to the new KS servers (commercial/billing/technical) must be asked on the dedicated forum: http://forum.kimsufi.com/forumdispla...8KS%29-English
S0phie,

I think the most pertinent questions, and those remaining un-self-answered are all related to SYS. Yes - nigel talks about his KS account, but only as a comparison to the SYS account with which he is having issues.

I may of course completely mis-read this, but I think you should re-read the post.

~Trap

Jasgriff
07-01-2014, 15:05
I cant see there being many questions as no one in the UK can buy one yet

Trapper
07-01-2014, 13:45
Hey, No problem...

I think there is a known issue with the SYS Control Panel, and also some of the renewal systems.

I'd recommend emailing support about this, just to get the latest word, and maybe even annoy them into doing something...

When you mention v3, I guess you mean OVH Manager v3... This is totally separate, so will not allow you access, as your account is with SYS.

~Trap

S0phie
07-01-2014, 13:39
Quote Originally Posted by nigel
I live in North America and just bought a kimsufi PS-7 a week ago with no vat being charged to me. I like it but then I just discovered SYS. with 4x the hdd. I want to purchase either an annual account SYS-E32-1 or a SYS-E32-3 but everytime I add them I keep getting charge vat on the bill. My address is North American just like my kimsufi was and kimsufi didn't charge me vat? The larger setup fee is bad enough but 23% vat is a big ouch. I sent a email to customer service asking for vat exemption but still no response and my order numbers keep expiring. How do I get this fixed?

Murpheys law eh? OVH responded to my email enquiry after I posted this. I have to prove residence outside of vat jurisdiction with ID and utility bill. So I just sent that in.

nigel
07-01-2014, 00:46
Hi Trapper, thanks for that. I noticed you been a great help around here.

I went with the RBX, cause got a better deal on it. But now I can't edit any of my info in the control panel. I click edit, change the info, press OK it says loading but when I leave the page and come back its got all the old info in it???

And where the heck do we change our login password? I tried to change the info on v3 and it says the account does not exist. aghhhh.

Trapper
06-01-2014, 23:38
Quote Originally Posted by nigel
...as a location at GRA or should I leave it at RBX? GRA lines would be a little closer to North America, think it would make a difference in speeds over here?

The difference you will see at that distance really will be negligible.

I am in the UK, about 100KM from GRA and about 200KM from RBX. If anything the pings are slightly quicker from RBX than GRA about 1 or 2 mS in it.

Here are pings FROM my Server in Canada (NOT OVH) to almost identical servers I have in GRA and RBX...

Code:
C:\>ping RBX Server

Pinging RBX Server [94.23.00.00] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 94.23.00.00: bytes=32 time=96ms TTL=52
Reply from 94.23.00.00: bytes=32 time=93ms TTL=52
Reply from 94.23.00.00: bytes=32 time=95ms TTL=52
Reply from 94.23.00.00: bytes=32 time=94ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for 94.23.00.00:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 93ms, Maximum = 96ms, Average = 94ms
Code:
C:\>ping GRA Server

Pinging GRA Server [37.187.00.00] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 37.187.00.00: bytes=32 time=112ms TTL=49
Reply from 37.187.00.00: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=49
Reply from 37.187.00.00: bytes=32 time=118ms TTL=49
Reply from 37.187.00.00: bytes=32 time=108ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 37.187.00.00:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 108ms, Maximum = 118ms, Average = 112ms
HTH

~Trap

nigel
06-01-2014, 15:56
Is the SYS-E32-3 worth the extra 10 euros per month? I would select the SYS-E32-3 as a location at GRA or should I leave it at RBX? GRA lines would be a little closer to North America, think it would make a difference in speeds over here?

EDIT: Leaving original post information in case someone has the same problem at a later date:

Hi there, I live in North America and just bought a kimsufi PS-7 a week ago with no vat being charged to me. I like it but then I just discovered SYS. with 4x the hdd. I want to purchase either an annual account SYS-E32-1 or a SYS-E32-3 but everytime I add them I keep getting charge vat on the bill. My address is North American just like my kimsufi was and kimsufi didn't charge me vat? The larger setup fee is bad enough but 23% vat is a big ouch. I sent a email to customer service asking for vat exemption but still no response and my order numbers keep expiring. How do I get this fixed?

Murpheys law eh? OVH responded to my email enquiry after I posted this. I have to prove residence outside of vat jurisdiction with ID and utility bill. So I just sent that in.