We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Long-term Loyalty Programme for OVH and So You Start Servers Goes Live

Smir
24-03-2016, 01:18
I'd had my server since 2013 never had any type of loyalty =-/

ghostdlr
23-03-2016, 21:03
Even 1 month free if you pay the server for 1 year would be really nice .
Maybe some discount for people renting more servers ...

K-Xander
24-01-2016, 13:32
# Bring back loyalty project

Kode
30-07-2015, 15:04
Welcome to the world of OVHs ever moving goalposts

K-Xander
27-07-2015, 16:08
Well I've waited more than 5 days to get an answer from the support and eventually ended up calling them since no one was answering the ticket.
All that just to find out this Long-term Loyalty program is NOT supported anymore which is hilarious. There is no announcement made over this at all, they just removed it without letting anyone know. Totally dissapointed at this moment.

Kode
01-02-2014, 18:46
My last server expires today, still keeping my domains with OVH, and might get an Avoton when they finally bring them out depending on price / setup and options but am happy with my new host for now (they ran out of servers between when I ordered 2 and needed my third, so the third is with one of their resellers, that is the one I might replace with an Avoton, but not if there is a setup fee.)

K.Kode
31-01-2014, 16:06
We've been phasing out all OVH related servers at the rate of about 3 a week. We'll not be using you again as we'd hate to contribute to turnover.

mike_
31-01-2014, 15:30
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
I can't seem to work out how your KS-16G is more expensive than switching to a SYS server. Mine costs around 17.84+VAT for a base KS-16G.
My 2011 KS-16G is 35.99/month (this went up to about 36.99/month for the VAC) + VAT, which I just realised is more than a SYS server. Once you add on my IPs, my monthly spend is over 60 inc VAT.

I'm paying more.
Have worse support, despite originally signing up for the same/better.
Have worse hardware.
Have less bandwidth.

The only reason I haven't switched is because I can't move my IPs (which totally defeats the point of paying for failover IPs in the first place), and if I can't do that, then when I do decide it's time for a new server I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Tz-OVH
31-01-2014, 13:37
I can't seem to work out how your KS-16G is more expensive than switching to a SYS server. Mine costs around 17.84+VAT for a base KS-16G.

glidewave
31-01-2014, 01:14
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
I think you misunderstood the post.

The renewal offer applies after 12 months (paid upfront or on a monthly basis)
Then it is not a loyalty program. Loyalty reward programs reward customers who are LOYAL or don't switch servers often (at any purchase level). This is just a typical guise to get upfront money or as some call it customer based financing via long term prepaid purchases.

Trapper
31-01-2014, 01:01
Quote Originally Posted by Kitty
...we see little reason not to switch.
Same...

It is a shame, but our last three servers have all been acquired elsewhere. I could of added to the turnover, when I want to change servers now, it will probably be away from OVH/SYS/KS, due to the constant eye-poking (Alpha- then Broken DDoS, Sold-Out, removal of support, etc.).

Another problem I have is with the hardware / support balance. I need some support, but I don't want to pay for 32GB of RAM to get it. Most of my projects run happily in 4GB, which is why I liked the old KS so much.

(Just before anyone says something like "Why not get an OVH/SP and virtual-ise...") With a bunch of KS's I get a bunch of 100Mbs, and a collection of hardware to failover to. For us, many small servers makes sense, why must OVH push us away?

~Trap

Kitty
30-01-2014, 19:25
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
How exactly does that stop turnover?
It doesn't — Even with the discounts on the older boxes, it's still cheaper to switch.

We have some old SP Minis and 16Gs (i-3 2130s and Xeon 1225s) that are costing around 47 + VAT per month. Renewing for a year, with the 25% discount, would cost 423, but switching to SYS costs just 360 (annual payment avoids the setup fee), and that will reduce by a further 25% after twelve months.

As for the Kimis, we wouldn't mind paying the current prices too much if we still received the old support and terms that we signed up for, but seeing as we appear to have lost all those benefits and have to use the new system instead, with no compensation for the removal of the old one, we see little reason not to switch.

Trapper
30-01-2014, 17:05
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
I'm still waiting why they think it's acceptable that old KS customers pay as much as SYS customers and get a much worse deal, even though when they originally signed up they got proper support.
Hmm, they want to stop turn-over, so release better hardware for the same money, with faster connections, and possibly (because we still have not had an answer) better support.

How exactly does that stop turnover?

~Trap

mike_
30-01-2014, 16:39
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
Good luck with that...

I gave Marks the chance to answer the question "So you are saying that pre-2013 Kimi's Do have email support", and never got a reply. I suspect OVH will do as they damn well please, and anything said previously will be brushed aside and ignored.

~Trap
I'm still waiting why they think it's acceptable that old KS customers pay as much as SYS customers and get a much worse deal, even though when they originally signed up they got proper support.

NeddySeagoon
13-01-2014, 20:31
Trapper,

The silence is deafing

Thas why I wrote elsewhere about watching from a safe distane.

Trapper
13-01-2014, 14:12
Quote Originally Posted by NeddySeagoon
S0phie,

Does this offer mean it really is a contract and OVH will be bound to it too?
For example, all the good and bad Ts & Cs will not be unilaterally changed by OVH part way through the period.
So, if I get email support at the outset, regardless of new orders being dropped to forums only support after three months, I will get emain support until the end of the 12 month term?

I understand that month by month is effectively a new contract every month, so Ts & Cs can be changed at every renewal.
Good luck with that...

I gave Marks the chance to answer the question "So you are saying that pre-2013 Kimi's Do have email support", and never got a reply. I suspect OVH will do as they damn well please, and anything said previously will be brushed aside and ignored.

~Trap

NeddySeagoon
11-01-2014, 19:47
S0phie,

Does this offer mean it really is a contract and OVH will be bound to it too?
For example, all the good and bad Ts & Cs will not be unilaterally changed by OVH part way through the period.
So, if I get email support at the outset, regardless of new orders being dropped to forums only support after three months, I will get emain support until the end of the 12 month term?

I understand that month by month is effectively a new contract every month, so Ts & Cs can be changed at every renewal.

S0phie
10-01-2014, 16:22

S0phie
10-01-2014, 16:19
Quote Originally Posted by village_i_diot
If after 12 months someone renews for 12 months does it mean they pay for 9 months and get 12
=> this is correct, I will update the post to make it clearer

village_i_diot
10-01-2014, 15:22
Sophie can you confirm the statement ' if you extend it by another 12 months, you have nothing to pay for 3 months'

If after 12 months someone renews for 12 months does it mean they pay for 9 months and get 12, or, if taken as written, does it mean they have 3 months where they pay nothing (free) and then are charged for 12 months?

S0phie
10-01-2014, 14:45
Quote Originally Posted by Tz-OVH
So the renewal offer (based on what I read) is not applicable if I've been paying monthly for over 12 months (i.e. month on month)?
I think you misunderstood the post.

The renewal offer applies after 12 months (paid upfront or on a monthly basis)

Tz-OVH
10-01-2014, 13:05
So the renewal offer (based on what I read) is not applicable if I've been paying monthly for over 12 months (i.e. month on month)?

It's a nice addition and brings things full swing back to how they were when we had setup fee complaints years ago...

S0phie
10-01-2014, 12:28
One month after launching the new dedicated server offers on www.ovh.co.uk and www.soyoustart.co.uk, OVH rewards customers for long-term loyalty to their servers as promised, for all models of both brands.

There will be no setup fees to pay on new orders for dedicated servers with a 12 month contract.

What's more, if you extend your 12 month dedicated server contract by 6 months, you pay nothing for 1 month, and if you extend it by another 12 months, you have nothing to pay for 3 months.

These benefits will now be applied automatically for all new orders and renewals as follows:

*After completion of a 12 month contract