We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Kimsufi section locked

Myatu
05-02-2014, 12:37
Been there, done that Hope it is fixed now though. And I agree with what you've said about the forum.

jonlewi5
05-02-2014, 11:08
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Make sure the netmask for the IP is 255.255.255.255 (or as assigned). To check, if possible, from the host use:

Code:
tcpdump -i eth0 arp
Where eth0 is the actual NIC used for the public side.
Im an *****. just went over it again. One spelling mistake and it didnt pick up the netmask...

Myatu
05-02-2014, 01:38
Quote Originally Posted by jonlewi5
So i have been getting the "bad configuration" error on a vm i setup recently. Im up to the second warning as i thought i had fixed it. Obviously not.
Make sure the netmask for the IP is 255.255.255.255 (or as assigned). To check, if possible, from the host use:

Code:
tcpdump -i eth0 arp
Where eth0 is the actual NIC used for the public side.

Shyuan
05-02-2014, 00:25
Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978
Security is tight at the new forum, Two questions, in French, requiring answers in French!
Yeah, is OVH expecting us to learn French in order to get support? This is a bit ridiculous.

Question: Combien de W dans www ?
Google Translated: How W in www?

Edit: manage to get the answer by googling only the word "Combien". And your answer must be in digit ONLY =.=

jonlewi5
04-02-2014, 17:36
Oh ok, thats it for me.

So i have been getting the "bad configuration" error on a vm i setup recently. Im up to the second warning as i thought i had fixed it. Obviously not.
So now i think i have fixed but was looking to request if ovh can have a quick check of their logs to check it had been fixed.

Well after realising i cant post to the kimsufi forum, i noticed its been moved. Ive had a look at the new forum and its a complete joke. The reason i didnt get *too* pissed off about this support change was because i knew the depth of knowledge on this forum is awesome, but thats now changed eh?

I guess it really is time to move on. I cant think of one thing ovh has done to make my opinion of them change since late last year. Every change made seems to have been made to screw over people like me that have no need to be paying large amounts of money just for boxes to test on/use for personal stuff/ dabble in **** on.

I appreciate you must get a large amount of crappy emails for support on stuff you dont deal with, but it pisses me off that the server im currently still paying for no longer gets the support it was sold with.

I doubt this actually makes sense any more and im just rambling now, but whatever, im just pissed off and fancied a vent.

much love.

Mark1978
30-01-2014, 17:39
Security is tight at the new forum, Two questions, in French, requiring answers in French!

mike_
30-01-2014, 16:36
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Therefore, a KS customer can no longer expect the same support as for an OVH customer
I think KS customers have a right to expect the same support they signed up for. I've had my server for years, and am paying the same as SYS. When I signed up I had email support, now I'm being shoved away to a French forum where replies to issues seem to take days.

I've yet to see a response from OVH saying why they think drastically reducing the service provided while increasing the price slightly (thanks to that broken VAC) is an appropriate way to treat customers?

Also are you ever going to allow old KS IPs to be moved to SYS, thus allowing an upgrade path for your long-term KS customers?

Myatu
17-01-2014, 19:59
we've never blocked anyone on the forum for criticising OVH but I'd appreciate if you could post constructive point of views now.
In all fairness, that has been done many times before the more general criticising. When people give feedback, it should at the very least be acknowledged and in a best case scenario, actually be acted upon - not ignored. So far, I've seen more of the ignoring than anything else - this topic itself serves to reiterate that point.

Jasgriff
17-01-2014, 19:38
Thanks for the post Sophie,

I guess it just goes to show how hard it is to build up a great reputation and how easy it is for it to be tainted.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop where possible.

I still enjoy reading your posts as they each one seems to change from good day, bad day, good day, bad day

P.s the alignment posts were only a bit of fun it wasn't a big deal.

S0phie
17-01-2014, 16:03
The English section of the KS forum isn't managed by France but by our Irish team who deals with our international/English speaking customers! I can understand that the backlogs of last summer brought some frustration for some of you but you have to move on now. Everybody's free to share their points of view on the forum, we've never blocked anyone on the forum for criticising OVH but I'd appreciate if you could post constructive point of views now. We have now 3 different websites corresponding to specific customer's profiles:

- KS: OVH offers a unique range of affordable dedicated servers, aimed at newbie technophiles and geeks wanting to try their hand at managing a dedicated infrastructure. Students, individuals or beginner sysadmins - take advantage of the OVH expertise at an unbeatable price.

- SyS: Middle range as explained by Oles "I want something better than Kimsufi, something more professional, but I don't want to/cannot pay for the full OVH service yet." So we didn't reuse the Kimsufi brand because it's an introductory range brand. We also didn't want to mix this business with OVH, so as to clearly differentiate the SYS servers from the 3 new ranges that we will be offering on the OVH website."

- OVH for professional users

Therefore, a KS customer can no longer expect the same support as for an OVH customer

ctype_alnum
17-01-2014, 13:51
Did you expect any less ?

wii89
17-01-2014, 11:46
OVH cant stick to there choice they make, they keep on changing there mind. What the point of terms and conditions where its not followed by them, E.G Kimsufi servers use to have email support in the current contract I'm in and was included in the T&C's when I got the server.

Now they are saying only forum support, that is not UK based it is run by the french side with very little English..... Poor customer service from OVH!!

Myatu
13-01-2014, 00:25
"The answer given for the random question was incorrect."

LawsHosting
12-01-2014, 21:59
Quote Originally Posted by NeddySeagoon
I do have a Kimi but I don't have an account on the Kimsufi forums.
Nor did I until Friday, what a farce it was trying.

Ironic thing is, I do have some Kimi's, on the .co.uk managers, but now need to go to the French forum for support, which, afaics, is slow as hell.

NeddySeagoon
12-01-2014, 19:24
This is just braindead.
I tried to log in on the Kimsufi forums to help a few users but my credentials don't work over there.

I do have a Kimi but I don't have an account on the Kimsufi forums.
It looks like its time to watch and wait from a safe distance.

@S0phie and team,
If you add my username and password hash to the Kimsufi forums, I'll probably log in and help out.
However, I'm not going to create a new account.

theatheist
12-01-2014, 18:50
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
Its the OVH way.
That is simply not funny anymore. OVH need to pull their finger out and soon as all this is an utter farce. Three different sites, 3 different server lists, support is all over the place and now we have to go and learn french.

ctype_alnum
11-01-2014, 16:44
Its the OVH way.

Trapper
11-01-2014, 10:40
Hi,

The Kimsufi section of the forum is now locked.

If you have any questions related to KS servers (commercial, technical, billing), whether it's a brand new or an old KS server, please be aware that the support is only provided here: http://forum.kimsufi.com/forumdispla...8KS%29-English
Ahhh classic OVH...

Used Chrome to try to sign up to the French forum. Don't do French so I let Chrome do the translation. Struggled a bit, as the anti-bot question was also translated, which meant that my English answer still needed to be in French.

Utterly Ridiculous.

If OVH UK are not going to cover the KS servers here, then make the French Admins cover the English forum. They are the ones who need to be bi-lingual, not us.

~Trap

LawsHosting
10-01-2014, 23:16
Got there in the end, Google Translate for the win (for once)...

But seriously, wtf? Kimsufi is aimed at students, dey carn't speek propa English, let alone French innit!

macole111
10-01-2014, 23:09
This thread On a serious note forum support is just about the worst idea after maximum price for energy from that one that looks like Wallace.

-macole111

Jasgriff
10-01-2014, 23:09
Googlefrenglish?

LawsHosting
10-01-2014, 23:00
Stupid ucking forum "random question"..... if you don't read & write French, you have no hope... no wonder uk staff uses Google Translate... gawd help us

"The answer given for the random question was incorrect."...... no sh*t, I don't write French

How the uck can you register if you don't read & write french

Jasgriff
10-01-2014, 22:41
permet d'espérer que ce n'est pas le cas. ricky aime sophie.

LawsHosting
10-01-2014, 22:37
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Non, la seule chose que vous êtes autorisé est de leur donner de l'argent en échange de la misère. /trollolololol
Well, they won't get any more from me except the amount I'm paying now.

BTW, this was my 666th post.... Sign of the OVH devil.

Myatu
10-01-2014, 22:26
Non, la seule chose que vous êtes autorisé est de leur donner de l'argent en échange de la misère. /trollolololol

Jasgriff
10-01-2014, 20:23
What about general support Sophie. E.g server questions in general, are we still allowed to be in this forum to share knowledge?

LawsHosting
10-01-2014, 19:48
And wait for days for a reply there? Or are UK staff over there now?

Another thing, I don't read French, so how the hell do us to actually use it? Don't say google translate proxy. Good job I'm familiar with vBulletin.
All this is a joke.

crowarth
10-01-2014, 15:07
Hi,

If you have any questions related to KS servers (commercial, technical, billing), whether it's a brand new or an old KS server, please be aware that the support is only provided here: http://forum.kimsufi.com/forumdispla...8KS%29-English
Better to set the link for the forum to redirect to the actual forum in question. Maybe migrate posts too?

S0phie
10-01-2014, 14:31
Hi,