OVH Community, your new community space.

Questions about the SYS Backup Servers

theatheist
13-02-2014, 12:54
Quote Originally Posted by DaveMcDave
Great, thanks Neil for the info.
If its OVH to OVH you should get decent speeds, 500Mbps-1Gbps. Other connections expect 100-1Gbps. It will just vary a lot.

DaveMcDave
13-02-2014, 10:56
Great, thanks Neil for the info.

Neil
13-02-2014, 10:06
Quote Originally Posted by DaveMcDave
Hi Neil,

Thanks for replying, although not really answering the question! Reason I ask is that we have a backup server with Hetzner at the moment and the speeds we are getting are shocking to say the least. The last thing I would want to do is swap for another server that has the same issues.

We would mainly be backing up other OVH servers so would this mean that the bandwidth would be good as it's technically "internal"?
Hi, you can certainly be sure you will get better speeds within the OVH network, although as mentioned it is still not guaranteed.

DaveMcDave
12-02-2014, 19:42
Hi Neil,

Thanks for replying, although not really answering the question! Reason I ask is that we have a backup server with Hetzner at the moment and the speeds we are getting are shocking to say the least. The last thing I would want to do is swap for another server that has the same issues.

We would mainly be backing up other OVH servers so would this mean that the bandwidth would be good as it's technically "internal"?

Neil
12-02-2014, 10:40
Hi

The servers are intended for backing up for example OVH or other SYS Servers, because of this we cannot offer guaranteed speed.

DaveMcDave
11-02-2014, 20:58
Hi there,

I know this is a relatively old thread but I too am interested in getting one of these servers but the only thing holding me back is the "not guaranteed" bandwidth. Am I going to get lumbered with a server that has a hit and miss connection speed?

Thanks,

hounsell
13-01-2014, 12:27
I am thinking about replacing one of my older Kimsufis with the SYS BK-8T, but I have a few questions about it first.

The bandwidth is "not guaranteed". What exactly does this mean in practice? While I will hardly be needing excessive amounts of bandwidth, I am concerned that simply saying "not guaranteed" could literally mean any speed in practice. I am interested in what sort of average speeds one could expect from this server.

The other is running Windows Server on it. I understand this option has been added, but I've not seen a clear indication as to whether it's just for subscription installs, or whether SYS has the SPLA install option that OVH has.

Also, is the current 120secs estimate even vaguely realistic, or will it be weeks I can expect to wait?