OVH Community, your new community space.

Unable to access new server

Pineapple Dan
30-01-2014, 12:40
Quote Originally Posted by phf1
Thanks Dan, it's working now., you did a great job.

Now, I would like to know what was the issue ? IP was blocked on your network ?
Not sure what exactly it was, since it wasn't myself that fixed it but it was to do with the Anti-DDoS system.
Your server was reachable from other servers inside OVH but no outside connections were getting through.

phf1
29-01-2014, 19:10
---

phf1
29-01-2014, 19:09
Thanks Dan, it's working now., you did a great job.

Now, I would like to know what was the issue ? IP was blocked on your network ?

Pineapple Dan
29-01-2014, 18:31
FYI, from here, still no ssh access, even in rescue mode.
Should be OK now, you can switch from rescue mode to HDD mode + reboot

phf1
29-01-2014, 14:57
FYI, from here, still no ssh access, even in rescue mode.

phf1
29-01-2014, 14:50
reboot done

Pineapple Dan
29-01-2014, 14:43
Server is now in rescue mode
OK thanks.

Can you reboot it now? Sorry, should have mentioned a reboot is required to activate the rescue mode

phf1
29-01-2014, 13:58
Server is now in rescue mode

Pineapple Dan
29-01-2014, 10:44
Thank you Neil and Dan for your answers.

I sent an email to antiddos@ovh.net, but did not get any answer until now.

So waiting on Dan's return.
Can you please try putting this server into rescue mode (Netboot button->Rescue in So you Start manager)? We need to establish if this is an issue with the operating system or the network itself

phf1
28-01-2014, 19:01
Thank you Neil and Dan for your answers.

I sent an email to antiddos@ovh.net, but did not get any answer until now.

So waiting on Dan's return.

Pineapple Dan
28-01-2014, 16:11
Hi,

I ordered a new SYS-E32-1 server (order #25142815).
I received a email stating that my server was ready for install (Installation of your dedicated server 186916), but install does not work.
I installed esx in control panel, but the server is unreachable.(no ssh nor vsphere access), even if control panel says install was sucessfull..
I tried several times to reinstall (even tried a different os), but it's always the same: ping is ok, but no ssh or vshpere access. (ssh times out, vsphere states a network error). Is it a network isssue, an installation issue, I don't know.

I opened a ticket a week ago, but nothing, no action taken to check what's the issue.
So is there someone from ovh in this forum kind enough to have a look ?

I am really disappointed, it's been a week that I pay for a service that has not been properly delivered, plus my actual server expires at the end of this month, so I may have to renew it.

Any help appreciated,
Philippe
Hi Philippe

The SSH service on your server does appear to be reachable at present, however your server is rejecting traffic from outside OVH traffic for some reason. I will ask one of our technicians to look into this and will get back to you as soon as I have any news.

Neil
28-01-2014, 15:55
Hello

I can see your server is in Vac because of DDOS Attacks, have you tried contacting the DDOS team at antiddos@ovh.net?

phf1
28-01-2014, 14:47
Hi,

I ordered a new SYS-E32-1 server (order #25142815).
I received a email stating that my server was ready for install (Installation of your dedicated server 186916), but install does not work.
I installed esx in control panel, but the server is unreachable.(no ssh nor vsphere access), even if control panel says install was sucessfull..
I tried several times to reinstall (even tried a different os), but it's always the same: ping is ok, but no ssh or vshpere access. (ssh times out, vsphere states a network error). Is it a network isssue, an installation issue, I don't know.

I opened a ticket a week ago, but nothing, no action taken to check what's the issue.
So is there someone from ovh in this forum kind enough to have a look ?

I am really disappointed, it's been a week that I pay for a service that has not been properly delivered, plus my actual server expires at the end of this month, so I may have to renew it.

Any help appreciated,
Philippe