OVH Community, your new community space.

Severus Server Monitor

thuyhoa37
21-02-2017, 09:27
Recently, there were many strangers spam my website. I tried to ignore them but they still spam me. How can I remove the spammers?

Jasgriff
11-12-2014, 01:07
Is this all still spam?

Jasgriff
02-10-2014, 01:02
http://severus.nwwebsites.co.uk/

Still running well.

Kode
21-08-2014, 13:23
ahh, they put the posts in, then some time later add the links to their signiture (those links weren't there when I posted), sneaky

ctype_alnum
21-08-2014, 11:41
Quote Originally Posted by Kode
It's such weird spam though? There are no links just repeating something already said
Its exactly what you have done, you know those two 'backlinks' in your forum signature.

Neil
20-08-2014, 18:59
Quote Originally Posted by Jasgriff
They are probably trying to get a few normal posts in before hitting us with super spam!
Indeed

Jasgriff
20-08-2014, 17:13
They are probably trying to get a few normal posts in before hitting us with super spam!

Daniel OVH
20-08-2014, 13:16
It's such weird spam though? There are no links just repeating something already said
Trying to blend in. I think that last one had a link in their sig or on their profile or something.

Kode
20-08-2014, 09:03

Daniel OVH
19-08-2014, 16:39
Quote Originally Posted by Jasgriff
More spammers? whats going on today?
They're out in force..

Jasgriff
11-08-2014, 15:47
More spammers? whats going on today?

Jesy_par
11-08-2014, 15:16
I'll get back to you on that one if that's Ok? Currently trapper and macole are letting me test on their windows servers (though both are Server 2008 R2 Web Server Edition Service Pack 1 and trappers expires soon).

Jasgriff
12-06-2014, 13:56
Thanks for that.

Had things to do last night but instead I ended up installing and playing with severus (which want a bad thing).

Its awesome! I have already started adding other services and it seemed to work really well!

Like most people on here I couldnt help but have a good nosey around and came across cerberus! that looks really good too.

Kode
11-06-2014, 10:48
If noone else wants to give you a link use the one in the first post, then I get the extra commission :P

Lifetime updates are included, in the future I may add additional plugins to add features that not everyone will have a use for, some of these may be free, some will be pay for, but none of these plugins will be for core features.

Jasgriff
10-06-2014, 16:02
Not been on here for a while as I have been relegated away to another forum.

I really liked your custom server script and I am glad you have taken it further and decided to release it into the wild!

If its got lifetime updates then I am surely going to give it a bash. Who wants to give me a link so that they can benefit from the purchase?

P.s I have made a little creation since being away http://kimi.nwwebsites.co.uk

Let me know what you think.

Kode
16-05-2014, 16:16
Quote Originally Posted by serverbros
Glad we saw this, ordered a few days ago and delighted with the script.

Top work and highly recommend this!
Glad you like it It's nice to hear that, I've got a load of ideas I'm still working through for it.
Quote Originally Posted by crowarth
Just updated to the latest version, sweet stuff!

e: how about an option to add the "master server" as a monitored server (redundant, i know ...) but i like to keep an eye on the page from time to time to see basic stats (load, etc)
Just upload the connector to the master and add it in the normal way?

*edit* By the way, if you have bought the script then you will have an envato account, if you put ?ref=envato_username on the script link so for example http://codecanyon.net/item/severus-s...9?ref=coderior if someone registers and buys on the back of that you get 30% of the purchase or deposit amount http://support.envato.com/index.php?...e-program-work so feel free to tell people about it using your affiliate link, it's a win win for both of us

crowarth
08-05-2014, 17:12
Just updated to the latest version, sweet stuff!

e: how about an option to add the "master server" as a monitored server (redundant, i know ...) but i like to keep an eye on the page from time to time to see basic stats (load, etc)

serverbros
07-05-2014, 17:59
Glad we saw this, ordered a few days ago and delighted with the script.

Top work and highly recommend this!

ctype_alnum
25-03-2014, 09:08
I might change it so users have a checkbox to receive notifications?
You could allow each user to specify a number of email addresses for their account then use that method yeah.

Kode
24-03-2014, 21:06
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
multiple email addresses for receiving notifications?
I might change it so users have a checkbox to receive notifications?

Kode
24-03-2014, 21:04
Suggestions/Enhancements:
Ability to re-order servers displayed
Ability to rename each server (currently I edit this in the DB)
Customisable icon for each server (sounds fun!)
Customisable size for each server 'block' (wasn't so sure about this idea)
Ability to hide log in button via check-box/toggle
User permissions (beyond enable/disable)
Some very good Ideas there.

Customisable icon? How wold that work? Any chance of a quick mockup?
Customisable block size will sort of be available when I add the ability to pick which items are visible by default
How would you see user permissions working?

The rest I will add to the todo list

ctype_alnum
24-03-2014, 13:05
multiple email addresses for receiving notifications?

crowarth
24-03-2014, 09:18
current planned features though are:

Multi-lingual
Choose which items are considered additional (and so hidden by default) and if they show on the public page
Hard drive usage
Themes
Add ssh to it so you can send commands to the remote server (such as performing security updates
SMS updates
Suggestions/Enhancements:
Ability to re-order servers displayed
Ability to rename each server (currently I edit this in the DB)
Customisable icon for each server (sounds fun!)
Customisable size for each server 'block' (wasn't so sure about this idea)
Ability to hide log in button via check-box/toggle
User permissions (beyond enable/disable)

Kode
22-03-2014, 23:39
current planned features though are:

Multi-lingual
Choose which items are considered additional (and so hidden by default) and if they show on the public page
Hard drive usage
Themes
Add ssh to it so you can send commands to the remote server (such as performing security updates
SMS updates

Kode
22-03-2014, 21:24
Only place at the moment is in the comments on the codecanyon site, but feel free to put them here, at some point I'll add something to the coderior site where people can put requests/suggestions

crowarth
22-03-2014, 21:07
No problem, glad you got it working

Odd thing is json_encode should b available since PHP 5.2, didn' think you needed to install it specifically as well.

*edit*
Oh good grief...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...on-json-decode

I'll add that to the description
that's the same article i used to install it, hah. so far working fine, do you keep a running list of improvements, suggestions etc? i had a few ideas, wasn't sure if these were covered already

Kode
22-03-2014, 19:49
No problem, glad you got it working

Odd thing is json_encode should b available since PHP 5.2, didn' think you needed to install it specifically as well.

*edit*
Oh good grief...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...on-json-decode

I'll add that to the description

crowarth
22-03-2014, 18:30
installed php5-json and it works thanks for your assistance, kode

crowarth
22-03-2014, 18:28
Ok, add the error reporting to the connector script as indicated above then try to hit it in a browserm it should tell you what is failing
Hitting it in a brower after adding that snippit, i get:

Code:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_encode() in /home/weezel/htdocs/weezel.co.uk/connector_script.php on line 172
but interestingly it adds the server, just it's missing almost all the info it needs to work lol

Kode
22-03-2014, 17:43
Ok, add the error reporting to the connector script as indicated above then try to hit it in a browserm it should tell you what is failing

crowarth
22-03-2014, 16:35
Yikes, you seem to have had a lot of issues (though from the sounds of it mostly because you didn't have curl installed).

Is that happeneing to every server or just 1?

What OS / version of PHP does that particular server have?

You can trouble shoot by adding to the top of the script (after the error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set("display_errors", 1);

then hitting connector_script.php?hash=YOURHASH without the ?hash= it will (should) 404, with the wrong hash it will(should) 401, but it seems to be failing even before that.
hey,

okay, so PHP on the server that won't add is:
Code:
weezel@web:~$ php5 -v
PHP 5.5.3-1ubuntu2.2 (cli) (built: Feb 28 2014 20:03:35)
Copyright (c) 1997-2013 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.3-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2013, by Zend Technologies
weezel@web:~$
the OS is
Code:
ubuntu-12.04.3-server-amd64.iso
Apache logs show the following when trying to hit the connector script normally:
Code:
weezel.co.uk:80 37.187.242.4 - - [22/Mar/2014:15:22:22 +0000] "GET /connector_script.php?hash=35c6055ec546607d1a2795601ede4fbf3ff0aa5e&type=register HTTP/1.1" 500 289 "-"
sometimes i've seen 302 errors as mentioned before, but 500 seems to be the most prevalent error. Trying to load the connector script in a web browser via it's url gives me a 404 error in the logs.

trying to hit it with the wrong hash does 401, though. 500 with the right hash. 404 with no hash (loading in a browser, or wget)

Kode
22-03-2014, 13:36
Yikes, you seem to have had a lot of issues (though from the sounds of it mostly because you didn't have curl installed).

Is that happeneing to every server or just 1?

What OS / version of PHP does that particular server have?

You can trouble shoot by adding to the top of the script (after the error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set("display_errors", 1);

then hitting connector_script.php?hash=YOURHASH without the ?hash= it will (should) 404, with the wrong hash it will(should) 401, but it seems to be failing even before that.

crowarth
22-03-2014, 04:07
Okay even more weirdness

I'm seeing 302 errors when trying to add one server:
[22/Mar/2014:02:52:27 +0000] "GET /connector_script.php?hash=35c6055ec546607d1a279560 1ede4fbf3ff0aa5e&type=register HTTP/1.1" 302 497 "-" "-"

I also get this if I try to wget it from the server I'm trying to add:

--2014-03-22 03:08:14-- http://weezel.co.uk/connector_script.php
Resolving weezel.co.uk... 178.32.52.80
Connecting to weezel.co.uk|178.32.52.80|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
--2014-03-22 03:08:15-- http://weezel.co.uk/error/404.html
Reusing existing connection to weezel.co.uk:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 138 [text/html]
Saving to: `connector_script.php'

100%[================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===============>] 138 --.-K/s in 0s

2014-03-22 03:08:15 (15.7 MB/s) - `connector_script.php' saved [138/138]

it turns out that when viewing the file i've just wget, it's index.html renamed - nothing else behaves like this.

crowarth
22-03-2014, 02:56
Fixed, I was missing Curl. Doh!

crowarth
22-03-2014, 02:44
Just bought it as well :-) But I encounter a problem - when trying to add a server, the page just ends up white, and blank.
Just to add:

01:42:50.903 POST http://sark.weezel.co.uk/index.php/servers/add_server/ [HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error 36ms]
01:42:50.856 The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol. add_server
01:42:50.897 Unknown property 'box-sizing'. Declaration dropped. add_server

crowarth
22-03-2014, 01:39
Just bought it as well :-) But I encounter a problem - when trying to add a server, the page just ends up white, and blank.

crowarth
21-03-2014, 16:36
Hi crowarth,

I'll get back to you on that one if that's Ok? Currently trapper and macole are letting me test on their windows servers (though both are Server 2008 R2 Web Server Edition Service Pack 1 and trappers expires soon).
no probs

Kode
21-03-2014, 13:43
What version are you on? 1.1?

If so:

Fixes for installing on new systems
Emails users when you create them with their login details
Ability to trigger the cron externally by using the hash (need to document this)
Fixes so it works on https
Fix for windows servers so the memory is correct
Other little bug fixes

TheBritoid
21-03-2014, 11:10
Do you have a changelog for the newest update?

Kode
21-03-2014, 09:01
There is now a live preview as well http://codecanyon.net/item/severus-s...review/7094389

Kode
20-03-2014, 13:44
Hi crowarth,

crowarth
19-03-2014, 19:42
Thanks for purchasing, there is still lots of stuff I want to add to it.

I need to find some people who are willing to give me access to their windows server so I can see what is going on =/ I've asked 3 people so far with no replies.

The connector script already has the component for windows servers but I don't have one to troubleshoot it on.

Even just someone giving me the path to the connector script with their hash number (line 3 of the connector script) and being around to try new versions and on gtalk/gchat/hangouts so I could have some real-time feedback would be a massive help.
I'm quite happy to install a trial version of a windows server distro on my esxi host if that's any help? think they last for 30 days before they constantly bug you to register it etc.

Trapper
18-03-2014, 00:12
...I need to find some people who are willing to give me access to their windows server so I can see what is going on =/ I've asked 3 people so far with no replies....
Hi Kode,

I have a Windows Server (2008R2Web) which I have for the next two weeks... Then it goes back.

If we can come to some sort of deal...?...!

PM / Skype me,

~Trap

Kode
17-03-2014, 22:53
Thanks to Shnurble we now know that remote monitoring Server 2012 works fine (apart from a bug with the memory that will be fixed in the next update).

If anyone else has bought the script and wants to do some testing for me I'd be grateful for the following results:

Remote script:
Windows 2003
Windows 2008

As master:
Windows 2003 / IIS / PHP 5.2
Windows 2003 / IIS / PHP 5.3
Windows 2003 / IIS / PHP 5.4
Windows 2003 / IIS / PHP 5.5
Windows 2003 / Apache / PHP 5.2
Windows 2003 / Apache / PHP 5.3
Windows 2003 / Apache / PHP 5.4
Windows 2003 / Apache / PHP 5.5

Windows 2008 / IIS / PHP 5.2
Windows 2008 / IIS / PHP 5.3
Windows 2008 / IIS / PHP 5.4
Windows 2008 / IIS / PHP 5.5
Windows 2008 / Apache / PHP 5.2
Windows 2008 / Apache / PHP 5.3
Windows 2008 / Apache / PHP 5.4
Windows 2008 / Apache / PHP 5.5

Windows 2012 / IIS / PHP 5.2
Windows 2012 / IIS / PHP 5.3
Windows 2012 / IIS / PHP 5.4
Windows 2012 / IIS / PHP 5.5
Windows 2012 / Apache / PHP 5.2
Windows 2012 / Apache / PHP 5.3
Windows 2012 / Apache / PHP 5.4
Windows 2012 / Apache / PHP 5.5

Kode
17-03-2014, 20:53
Thanks for purchasing, there is still lots of stuff I want to add to it.

I need to find some people who are willing to give me access to their windows server so I can see what is going on =/ I've asked 3 people so far with no replies.

The connector script already has the component for windows servers but I don't have one to troubleshoot it on.

Even just someone giving me the path to the connector script with their hash number (line 3 of the connector script) and being around to try new versions and on gtalk/gchat/hangouts so I could have some real-time feedback would be a massive help.

TheBritoid
17-03-2014, 17:45
I brought a copy, it's a cool little script.

I do have a Windows Server I need to monitor, so is it possible I can have a version of the script that works with Windows?

Kode
14-03-2014, 13:32
Hi macole, will PM you

macole111
14-03-2014, 13:20
Hi Kode,

This looks promising, especially for 'frontend' user status pages. Currently I use a script that takes data from our PRTG servers and sticks it on a page, but this look much nicer. How does the connect script work? What about servers that don't run webservers?

I almost exclusively use Windows servers, so I would love to help you test it and I am a PHP dev (with Codeigniter experience) so I could help you add new features (email is a must) and active directory support that could turn this into a great alternative to pingdom.com etc. Please let me know if you are interested in my help.

Keep up the good work!

-macole111

Kode
14-03-2014, 13:13
Yep, all future updates are included in the price

crowarth
14-03-2014, 12:56
Are future updates included in the purchase price? I remember seeing this on the forum, it looks pretty slick!
Just re-read! They are :-)

crowarth
14-03-2014, 12:55
Are future updates included in the purchase price? I remember seeing this on the forum, it looks pretty slick!

Kode
14-03-2014, 10:39
Bit of a shameless plug, I've recently updated my server monitor application and put it on CodeCanyon, for anyone interested, it's a standalone application to monitor all your servers from one easy to use interface.

Purchase / View the item here

I plan to add lots of new features, but before doing that wanted to make sure it would get approved first, doing it this way means:
  1. Not spending an extra 2 months adding loads of features only for the whole thing to be hard rejected
  2. Give even better value for money to early adopters who get free updates even though the price will probably go up when all the extras are added

Current Features
  • Very easy to install
  • Works on both Linux AND windows servers (experimental)
  • Monitor an unlimited amount of servers.
  • Extremely simple interface to schedule server checks (linux only)
  • Manual override to run server checks at any time
  • Attractive and responsive design that will work on desktops, tablets and phones.
  • Configure available services per server in a simple interface
  • How long ago last check was and count down to next check
  • Choose whether to have a public server list page or just show login
  • Add as many users as you want.
  • Server checks run in parallel for best performance

Purchase / View the item here

If any of you buy it and have Windows servers please let me know if they work as I've only been able to test it on Windows 7 so far so windows support is listed as experimental. I will endeavour to make sure it works with as many windows server versions as possible.