OVH Community, your new community space.

Failover IPs

Neil
16-04-2014, 10:12
Quote Originally Posted by HostRange
Has it been added to SYS range? I can't find the "Pro Use"
Not yet, the changes have been for OVH Servers only.

HostRange
15-04-2014, 23:51
Has it been added to SYS range? I can't find the "Pro Use"

macole111
09-04-2014, 18:02
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

You can still order additional IP Addresses for this, as Jenny mentioned on the Kimsufi forum you will get an invoice for all your IPs at the end of the month.
Thanks for the confirmation Neil.

-macole111

Neil
09-04-2014, 16:51
Quote Originally Posted by macole111
What about ks385098.kimsufi.com? It's a 2011 Kimi 16G with several IP failovers that no longer show up to be renewed.

Thanks Neil.

-macole111
Hi

You can still order additional IP Addresses for this, as Jenny mentioned on the Kimsufi forum you will get an invoice for all your IPs at the end of the month.

macole111
09-04-2014, 16:10
What about ks385098.kimsufi.com? It's a 2011 Kimi 16G with several IP failovers that no longer show up to be renewed.

Thanks Neil.

-macole111

AndyS
09-04-2014, 15:27
This is a 2013 Kimsufi which never had the option of additional IP Addresses, so it is correct that you cannot order IP Addresses. I guess if you could briefly it was because there was an error.
Thanks for getting back to me, I thought this may be the case, but was hoping to break free of the usual cycle of cancelling a server to get features available new servers.

After all the debate of last year, there still seems little incentive to keep existing servers when new ones are introduced.

Neil
09-04-2014, 12:42
Quote Originally Posted by AndyS
Thanks Neil: ks214015.kimsufi.com

The option was there for adding 3 FOs for about a day but now it says 0 are available.
This is a 2013 Kimsufi which never had the option of additional IP Addresses, so it is correct that you cannot order IP Addresses. I guess if you could briefly it was because there was an error.

AndyS
09-04-2014, 09:27
Would need the server address to confirm/look into this request.
Thanks Neil: ksxxx015.kimsufi.com

The option was there for adding 3 FOs for about a day but now it says 0 are available.

C0n
09-04-2014, 00:50
Is it too much to ask for a simple response to questions that multiple paying customers are asking?
I get a support response but i get it from the help desk in my control panel (Not public chat like on the forum.)

Neil
08-04-2014, 12:45
Is it too much to ask for a simple response to questions that multiple paying customers are asking?
Would need the server address to confirm/look into this request.

AndyS
08-04-2014, 00:48
Would it b possible to get a clarification for those of us who had the option to add additional IPs show up then disappear earlier this week, on whether we will be able to order them going forward or not?

The option appeared to order 3 but now says we have reached the limit.

JakeMS
07-04-2014, 18:29
Well it works .

Used up 170 bonus points, got a free UK IP on an old server. Seeing as we are paying more than most people now, it seems fair. (And our prices got bumped twice)

So far so good .

Thanks OVH.

alex
06-04-2014, 23:49
Quote Originally Posted by simonski
we have moved some servers from KS to SYS and will add lot of IPv4 for free. on KS, we will propose the IPv4 for 2E/mo
No just clueless as he can't run the company efficiently. It's one second decision next second it will be different decision.

crowarth
04-04-2014, 23:24
Would it b possible to get a clarification for those of us who had the option to add additional IPs show up then disappear earlier this week, on whether we will be able to order them going forward or not?

I have a 2013 KS-16G in RBX3

Thanks
seconding that.

mike_
04-04-2014, 19:23
Then why was I told they were free?

This is ridiculous, OVH.

AndyS
04-04-2014, 18:24

I have a 2013 KS-16G in RBX3

Thanks

Neil
04-04-2014, 18:07
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
Does "OVH server" also cover Kimsufis registered under a -ovh Nichandle as I wasn't asked to renew any of my RIPE blocks.
You will still have to pay for them as they are Kimsufi servers, you will get an email asking to renew the RIPE Blocks this month.

Edit Jenny explains are the details here http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread....l=1#post142161

Criot
04-04-2014, 17:41
Quote Originally Posted by HostRange
Why was the feature to order more than one Failover IP at once removed?
I guess it's because you have the ability to purchase RIPE Blocks.

HostRange
04-04-2014, 16:57
Why was the feature to order more than one Failover IP at once removed?

mike_
04-04-2014, 16:43
Yes if you have an OVH Server it does cover RIPE Blocks as well.
Does "OVH server" also cover Kimsufis registered under a -ovh Nichandle as I wasn't asked to renew any of my RIPE blocks.

Neil
04-04-2014, 16:33
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
When I contacted them they said it does cover RIPE Blocks as well, I can also no longer renew them!
Yes if you have an OVH Server it does cover RIPE Blocks as well.

Criot
04-04-2014, 15:58
Quote Originally Posted by K.Kode
Wonder if this covers the RIPE blocks I can no longer renew as well.
When I contacted them they said it does cover RIPE Blocks as well, I can also no longer renew them!

mike_
04-04-2014, 15:45
Quote Originally Posted by TheBritoid
My Kimsufi (2012) Server can no longer order any failover IPs.
Unfortunately this has been the case for a quite a few months now. Pretty ridiculous. When I first ordered the server I could have up to 32 IPs. Not quite half way there and can't add any more, but at least they're now free. That's £17/mo off my bill.

village_i_diot
04-04-2014, 15:21
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
I renewed my 2011 KS-16G yesterday and IP charges have been removed
I renewed my 2013 mSP yesterday and was not charged for the additional failover IP that I have,

if I go to order another it appears to be just charging me a set up fee of £2.04

TheBritoid
04-04-2014, 15:17
My Kimsufi (2012) Server can no longer order any failover IPs.

I have one failover, which still seems to be there, although managerv3 can't see it, but the max was 3 and OVH said old Kimsufi's could keep failovers.

However my OVH 2012 Server now seems to get IPs at the €2 setup fee rate.

I just wish OVH would stop changing the IP policy every single week!

K.Kode
04-04-2014, 14:13
Wonder if this covers the RIPE blocks I can no longer renew as well.

mike_
04-04-2014, 13:48
Yep, they're still active. I also got an email from Danny in support:

IP is now free with your servers, they are not required to be renewed. When you renew your server, all IP associated with the server will be renewed as well.

This means you only renew server only and the IP will remain active.

K.Kode
04-04-2014, 13:24
Are your IP's still active? If I loose my IPs due to this OVH can kiss my *** and the tens of thousands I spent with them goodbye.

mike_
04-04-2014, 12:45
I renewed my 2011 KS-16G yesterday and IP charges have been removed

Trapper
04-04-2014, 00:40
Quote Originally Posted by simonski
Seems many have been removed from KS, but not added to SYS yet...

Quote Originally Posted by crowarth
there's no clear direction anymore really.
crowarth, please no-clear-direction is "a good thing" and "a step in the right direction".

Remember, last Summer's/Autumn's direction was down. Not just generally down, but down like gravity, with exponential increase in speed.

At least now we have developments which could be seen as good by some.

The lack of clear news, random postings on Tw@tter, this is the Oles way, we know this. But change can be good...

~Trap

crowarth
03-04-2014, 12:38
there's no clear direction anymore really.

simonski
03-04-2014, 12:29
Hmm: https://twitter.com/olesovhcom/statu...06716466552833

This guy is a joker

crowarth
03-04-2014, 12:17
Thank for the clarification Neil, regarding the option that was showing available for 3 IPs for us and now showing "You have reached the limit".

Is this a temporary thing, or are additional IPs not going to be available for 2013 KS's (I am interested for my RBX3 KS16 purchased Aug 2013 ) .

Thanks.
I'd like to know about that as well.

crowarth
03-04-2014, 12:14
This is incorrect actually, old KS Servers still pay £1.69 + VAT per month per an IP, this will not change. Currently the new IP pricing is only for OVH Servers, where you pay a setup fee of £1.69 + VAT per an IP and that is it (for 2014 servers etc..).
what about the cost of IP's for the mSP servers? When I renew, they are £0.84 excl. VAT (so just over £1) will this remain at the same price at £0.84 excl. VAT?

what about the cost of the pro usage in my above example?

AndyS
03-04-2014, 11:56
This is incorrect actually, old KS Servers still pay £1.69 + VAT per month per an IP, this will not change. Currently the new IP pricing is only for OVH Servers, where you pay a setup fee of £1.69 + VAT per an IP and that is it (for 2014 servers etc..).
Thank for the clarification Neil, regarding the option that was showing available for 3 IPs for us and now showing "You have reached the limit".

Is this a temporary thing, or are additional IPs not going to be available for 2013 KS's (I am interested for my RBX3 KS16 purchased Aug 2013 ) .

Thanks.

Neil
03-04-2014, 11:33
Quote Originally Posted by crowarth
That's what I was told by support on the phone, yeah. I'm paying the £2.04 now up to the expiry date of the server, and after that (on further renewals) I won't be paying anything else for them (no re-occurring charge). So I'll keep the IP's for as long as I have the server.

I'm still waiting for support to clarify why the system was attempting to charge me over £20 for the 9th failover that I'm entitled to (part of that price was for pro usage I'm told). Hopefully as I already have 8 failovers they won't try to charge me anything additional on a monthly basis (pro usage)...

HostRange
02-04-2014, 22:20
"So you can have 16 x /32 (thus 16 IPs per server) until 16 x /27 (thus 512 IPs per server)."

512 IP limit on SYS range but 256 on OVH?

http://www.ovh.com/fr/serveurs_dedie...64.xml#options

"* : Les slots représentent la quantité de routes disponibles pour l’adressage de vos IP et blocs d’IP. Un slot peut accueillir indifféremment 1 IP ou 1 bloc de plusieurs IP. Limitation de 64 slots et/ou 256 IP par serveur."

*: The slots represent the amount available for your IP address and IP blocks roads. A slot can accommodate either 1 or 1 IP block several IP. Limitation of slots 64 and / or 256 IP per server.

AndyS
02-04-2014, 16:43
I think we may be part of the OVH Roulette Wheel Beta cycle. Did you successfully order one before this?

crowarth
02-04-2014, 16:24
That's what I get as well, previously I could order 3. Now I can order none. I thought the idea was that we could have an amount depending on the cost of the server (so in this case, 3)

e: interestingly enough, my mSP has changed slightly when it comes to ordering IP's. I can now order 1, 4, 8, or 16. Before it was only 1.

AndyS
02-04-2014, 15:59
Strangely this morning my servers were showing the option of ordering 3 IPs each, now this afternoon when i come to order one they are showing

"You have reached the limit for IPs that can be ordered for this service."

Is this a temporary thing that anyone else is getting?

crowarth
02-04-2014, 10:10
So just to confirm, are you saying for the KS range the £2.04/IP is a one-off set-up fee and not a recurring payment like they used to be?
That's what I was told by support on the phone, yeah. I'm paying the £2.04 now up to the expiry date of the server, and after that (on further renewals) I won't be paying anything else for them (no re-occurring charge). So I'll keep the IP's for as long as I have the server.

I'm still waiting for support to clarify why the system was attempting to charge me over £20 for the 9th failover that I'm entitled to (part of that price was for pro usage I'm told). Hopefully as I already have 8 failovers they won't try to charge me anything additional on a monthly basis (pro usage)...

AndyS
02-04-2014, 09:52
So just to confirm, are you saying for the KS range the £2.04/IP is a one-off set-up fee and not a recurring payment like they used to be?

crowarth
01-04-2014, 18:30
Quote Originally Posted by marks
it hasn't been implemented yet. We don't have any date of when that will be, probably first in France. We'll keep you up to date or we'll announce it on the website
This appears to now be live - I can order 3 IP failovers on my KS2G that run for the duration of the server (1st July in my case), and after a quick call, it appears that when i renew that server, I won't pay the cost for the IP as by that point I'd have already paid the initial setup fee (£2.04/IP):

Select the duration:
Until 1 July 2014 : £ 1.70 excl. VAT (£ 2.04 incl. VAT)

However ... Trying to purchase another IP for my mSP 2013 server, the old manager (v3) doesn't have anything in the dropdown box after you select the 'location' for the IP address. I should have 3 + 6 from the IP Fidelity scheme (so 9 in total (currently using 8)). I tried this in the new manager panel, and it will let me purchase a new IP but it costs:

Select the duration:
Until 1 May 2014 : £ 16.49 excl. VAT (£ 19.79 incl. VAT)

What worries me now is that I have 8 failovers currently routed to my server. Worst case they'll charge the £2 renewal/IP next billing and after that I won't pay any more. Or, they'll try and charge me for professional use...

marks
31-03-2014, 18:02
it hasn't been implemented yet. We don't have any date of when that will be, probably first in France. We'll keep you up to date or we'll announce it on the website

alex
31-03-2014, 11:08
it's seems to me it's not official as the websites hasn't been updated, example:
http://www.soyoustart.com/en/

Wajdan
22-03-2014, 03:47
Has it been implemented? HOST-32 Still charging me to signup for a cPanel license.

macole111
20-03-2014, 09:02
Obviously Oles's 'reforms' are starting to hurt in the pocket...

-macole111

AshleyUk
19-03-2014, 01:17
Defintly a good move, and one in the right direction.

However id like to know a bit more information, if I currently have an OVH 2014 server non-hosting.

Any IP's I currently have a pay for will they become free?

Can we add the "pro" onto a SYS server we already own before this was offered.

alex
19-03-2014, 00:17
Quote Originally Posted by TheBritoid
What about old OVH range servers?

I have an OVH 2012 that's currently got a quite a few IPs due to OVH's scheme where they give you an IP each month. I also have a KS 2012/2013 with an additional IP.

Please simplify what you're trying to say here. You're really encouraging me to jump ship due to the confusing pricing.
I bet you that you need to cancel your server and re-order new range the same they did in 2013, new rules don't apply for old customer as all loyal customers with old servers are stuffed.

HostRange
17-03-2014, 21:13
"On the Hosting range, we will include in the price of the server:
cPanel, Plesk, Windows, as well as all licences for paid distributions that can be included in these offers."

I have my own license currently with CentOS installed.

I guess I will need to reformat it to get a free cPanel license or can I open a ticket?

TheBritoid
17-03-2014, 17:16
What about old OVH range servers?

I have an OVH 2012 that's currently got a quite a few IPs due to OVH's scheme where they give you an IP each month. I also have a KS 2012/2013 with an additional IP.

Please simplify what you're trying to say here. You're really encouraging me to jump ship due to the confusing pricing.

NatdaS
17-03-2014, 15:40
Hello,

We are continuing to develop the KS, SYS and OVH products and service with strong differentiation between these 3 brands.

On KS, we will include X Failover IPs with each server. X will depend on the price of the server.
For example if your server costs €10/month, you will be entitled to 5 Failover IPs with your server with nothing extra to pay.
However, you cannot have 6 FO IPs. It's 5 max and included in the price.

On SYS, we receive requests for many FO IPs for each server. So we're adding the "PRO use" concept which costs €10/month.
With "PRO use", you are entitled to 16 prefixes per server.
A "prefix" is a /32 (1 IPs), a /31 (2 IPs), /30 (4 IPs), /29 (8 IPs), /28 (16 IPs) and /27 (32 IPs).
So you can have 16 x /32 (thus 16 IPs per server) until 16 x /27 (thus 512 IPs per server).
The IPs cost €2 to €1/month (according to the size of the /).

On OVH, we noticed a great commercial success with the Hosting range where FO IPs are free.
So we decided to offer the same thing on the entire 2014 range of OVH servers, meaning that FO IPs cost €2 setup fees then €0/month.
The limitation is 64 prefixes per server.

On the Hosting range, we will include in the price of the server:
cPanel, Plesk, Windows, as well as all licences for paid distributions that can be included in these offers.

On OVH for the customers < the 2014 range:
- if the servers costs €69/month or +, they come with the same advantages
only for the 2014 range: FO IPs at €0/month.
- if the server costs < €69/month (the 2013, 2012, 2011 mSPs etc.)
the rules are the same as for SYS, i.e. no change except when better in terms of the number of servers.

Split/Join

We are authorising the splitting of /(31-24) in /32 and the joining of /32 in /(31-24).
There's a cost element which must be taken into account, as to get FO IPs at €0/month, EACH IP must be configured on a server.
If in the month, one FO IP was not configured on a server for 1 second, it would have been placed in the IP "car park" and invoiced at +€2/month/IP. The car park is for when you want to keep the IP but without using it.

You must therefore bear in mind the concept of 16 (SYS) and 64 (OVH) prefixes per server. This means that if you have a /28 in only 1 block, you have 16 IPs in 1 prefix. If you split it in /32, you suddenly change 1 prefix into 16 prefixes.

In some cases you won't have enough place on your server to configure all the FO IPs and your IP will be placed in the car park.
There is no consequence other than the charge of +€2/month/IP and you'll even be able to think about having an "old" server with 64 prefixes available for less than paying €128/month IP on the car park.

Technical

Some old customers will say that all this was offered by OVH until 2012/2013 and that we're going backwards.
We are in fact able to offer splitting/joining of IPs again with 160K servers and +, because technology is evolving and we're integrating it in our datacentres.

We have made large investments in the datacentre routers. On GRA, SBG and BHS, the new routers are being launched and all existing customers will be migrated onto these new routers in the next 4 to 6 weeks. On RBX, the existing routers have the capacity to run for another 18/24 months without problem but we have decided to change them gradually. On RBX1 the migration starts in 2 weeks.

We also will integrate new 40G and 100G routers but they don't exist yet. We're working with Cisco, Juniper and Arista to approve the solutions they can offer us and we're not rushing this. There are many great things under development and which will only arrive as of September 2014. Then we will be able to have routers to support our growth, with a number of 40G/100G ports per linecard and per chassis and with 2M+ routes. And the next 10 years will go smoothly.

Timing

We expect to finish everything by the end of March and to start launching these changes from April 1st.

It's no joke!

Regards,

Octave