We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

VPS 2014 launched!

Criot
28-03-2014, 08:53
Quote Originally Posted by rizuk
classic VPS what are the resources like not guaranteed like cloud?
VPS Classic probably offers you shared resources in terms of CPU, usually those sort of setups give you access to shared cores, Cloud is very much Dedicated and even acts like a Dedicated server under high load.

rizuk
28-03-2014, 04:56
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
I did some disk speed testing last night and the two OVH classic VPS's I've got actually outperform two Digital Ocean droplets I've got which are also in separate datacentres which isn't bad going all things considered.

I was thinking it would be neat if they had a private networking feature.
classic VPS what are the resources like not guaranteed like cloud?

ctype_alnum
27-03-2014, 21:45
I did some disk speed testing last night and the two OVH classic VPS's I've got actually outperform two Digital Ocean droplets I've got which are also in separate datacentres which isn't bad going all things considered.

I was thinking it would be neat if they had a private networking feature.

Criot
26-03-2014, 01:03
I got the Cloud VPS 2 really fast very happy
Still waiting upon the ability to upgrade from 2013 to 2014 for the additional CPU Power. But yes, the Cloud VPS are very good!

rizuk
26-03-2014, 00:35
I got the Cloud VPS 2 really fast very happy

crowarth
23-03-2014, 16:51
Quote Originally Posted by ctype_alnum
I have two of the 2014 VPS's one in Roubaix DC2 and Strasbourg SBG1 and the reason for that is I wanted some redundancy for something. Here we go:

Strasbourg SBG1:

processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 16
model : 2
model name : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 4284
stepping : 3
cpu MHz : 3000.000
cache size : 2048 KB

Roubaix DC2:
cpu family : 21
model name : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 4386
stepping : 0
cpu MHz : 3100.000

There are VPS CLASSIC 1, nothing fancy.
I have one of the really cheap ones, works a charm for what i'm using it for. no complaints either.

ctype_alnum
23-03-2014, 15:27
I have two of the 2014 VPS's one in Roubaix DC2 and Strasbourg SBG1 and the reason for that is I wanted some redundancy for something. Here we go:

Strasbourg SBG1:

cpu family : 16
model name : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 4284
stepping : 3
cpu MHz : 3000.000

Roubaix DC2:
cpu family : 21
model name : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 4386
stepping : 0
cpu MHz : 3100.000

There are VPS CLASSIC 1, nothing fancy.

Criot
23-03-2014, 14:58
what are the cpus installed? yes vps cloud 2 is 4 cores but what cpu is it? are the performances of vps cloud the same performance as a core if used in a dedicated server

like i have mini sp what to know if i would get the same sort of performances
I have a Cloud VPS and the CPU is AMD Opteron 6128. The performance is pretty good like a Dedicated Server, and it very much acts like a Dedicated Server too.

rizuk
23-03-2014, 01:00
what are the cpus installed? yes vps cloud 2 is 4 cores but what cpu is it? are the performances of vps cloud the same performance as a core if used in a dedicated server

like i have mini sp what to know if i would get the same sort of performances

ctype_alnum
18-03-2014, 09:41
I ordered two last night in separate locations and paid by card (immediate creation) as I wanted to test these out. Unfortunately a few minutes later I then received an email confirming my order with the following text "You can make the payment for this order by copying or clicking on the link below:", I get thats a standard email but I've already paid. So far I've no idea whats going on as nothing is showing up in any of the control panels new or old. I have a digital ocean account which allows me to spin up a vps in under a minute.

Update:

Just recieved thanks.

Andy
17-03-2014, 21:15
Good to hear you got rid of the stupid vRAM!

Criot
17-03-2014, 18:38
Great news, the new plans are looking a lot better with the additional CPU Power, particularly for the Cloud VPS.

Will current 2013 VPS holders be informed when we can upgrade, or is it just a matter of keeping our eyes peeled?

NatdaS
17-03-2014, 17:08
We've just launched our new VPS 2014 offers:

http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/

New features include:

* 2 to 4 times more power (CPU/RAM) for the same price
* The FTP Backup is now 200 GB with no change in price (effective for several days already, and for everybody )
* VPS Cloud now includes the 10-domain Plesk licence
* A new family of "development environment" distributions is launched with Ruby (available in beta version in the next few days)

* A new "Classic 1" model with 1 vCPU and 1 GB RAM at 1.69 excl. VAT/month: an unparalleled level of power at this price, and still with all the benefits of OVH (preinstalled distributions, availability, network connectivity...)

The new models are already available for new orders. Upgrade will be open to all VPS 2013 customers in the coming days (directly via the Control Panel).