OVH Community, your new community space.

mini SP server vs VPS Clould 3 should i move ?

Criot
04-04-2015, 12:56
Quote Originally Posted by dravidmilo
Is there something I need to do to Kill it, I had assumed it would just time out eventually but it looks like it hasn't and there doesn't seem to be a way to delete it in the new control panel.
Kill what exactly?

dravidmilo
04-04-2015, 05:31
Is there something I need to do to Kill it, I had assumed it would just time out eventually but it looks like it hasn't and there doesn't seem to be a way to delete it in the new control panel.

Hyper1
28-03-2014, 12:38
Hi mate did as you suggested on vps 2. Both magento and wordpress sites are rapid.

All is really really fast.

Hyper1
21-03-2014, 19:36
thanks for the help, i think ill try vps cloud 2 and see if i can also use the CDN. It will take load of the VPS and hopefully the sites will have very low latency.

Criot
21-03-2014, 19:35
Quote Originally Posted by Hyper1
Are u running magento, for me the upgrade in redundancy is the main thing with the clould. My server has raid 1. But during a hardware failure its highly unlike OVH will replace one drive and rebuild the raid. They would prob replace both drives and wipe everything. My 2nd server is only an old kimi to store the virtual images. So its not 100% safe as old hardware.

Is it possible to upgrade and down grade resources with a single click on VPS cloud then ? Is it also possible to downgrade ?

Does KVM Access mean SSH can be turned off ?
I'm not running Magento no, I wouldn't of thought they'd replace both unless both failed but you never know. It's possible to upgrade your VPS through the control panel but by the looks of it, they don't allow downgrading.

Hyper1
21-03-2014, 18:56
Are u running magento, for me the upgrade in redundancy is the main thing with the clould. My server has raid 1. But during a hardware failure its highly unlike OVH will replace one drive and rebuild the raid. They would prob replace both drives and wipe everything. My 2nd server is only an old kimi to store the virtual images. So its not 100% safe as old hardware.

Is it possible to upgrade and down grade resources with a single click on VPS cloud then ? Is it also possible to downgrade ?

Does KVM Access mean SSH can be turned off ?

Criot
21-03-2014, 18:40
It'd definitely be worth getting a Cloud VPS then, you'd find it much cheaper as well. I use an OVH Cloud VPS for my own websites and have no performance problems with MySQL.

Hyper1
21-03-2014, 17:49
The load is less than 1% Cpu, you can say less than 0.5. Unless theres a specific cpu intensive task going on, like backups etc. The ram sits at abour 10gig plus, its a centos 64 system so i guess it will feed into ram as long as its available.

We dont run varnish, or memcache etc etc.

The server is not stressed at all. My main concern is people say SQL perfromance is weak on clould, another is responsiveness or the website. So i guess latency.

(Ram shows less as its running as a VM under citrix)

CPU usage
Last 1 minute 0.17
Last 5 minutes 0.08
Last 15 minutes 0.02

Memory Usage

Total

15.52 GB

used

8.99 GB

free

6.53 GB

Shared

buffer

345.26 MB

cached

5.71 GB

the server is using 0 swap

Im happy with the server, but cloud will give me more resistant hardware and the cost im running MSP + pro Services and then plus the backup kimisufi for nightly backups. Its quite a lot of cost for me atm.

But im not sure how much frontend performance loss id get and if that would be acceptable for me.

Criot
21-03-2014, 14:06
What's your current load average on the mSP? The good thing about OVH cloud is you can upgrade it, I think even the 4 core package would probably suit you fine, you can always upgrade if you find you need more CPU power in the future.

Hyper1
21-03-2014, 11:35
Recently ive been really templated by the clould 3 offering, particualary as i an add veeam, the problem with the MiniSP is i needed to add the PRO option to the server as well as having to backup to a kimiserver the costs amount to about £79.44 per month, (this includes some extra ips). A VPS Clould would cost around £35 and have the benefit of veeam, as well as ll the benefits of runnung in a cloud environment.

But would i be limited ? And would i see a drop in performance. The vps cloud 3 offers 6 v cores, 8gb ram and 100gb space. My Mini SP has higher specs but is also far more expensive to run. Maybe i could use a smaller server and OVH Cdn instead?

Id really like people opinions on if it would be suitable for me to migrate and cut some costs.

I am currently running, quite small and low traffic sites.

Running on PLESK with a mixture nginx and apache.

1 x magento (No cart) with wordpress blog
1 x magneto (With SSL) with wordpress blog

2 x hosts for loading static content into eBay and hosting some quite simple php tools for creating listings.

There are also obviously emails etc.

Its not major high load stuff, but id like to keep things running quick enough not to loose vistors and business or be punished in google rankings. I searched google for magento ovh clould performance but nothing seemed to come up !