OVH Community, your new community space.

Boot into BIOS with KVM

NeddySeagoon
25-03-2014, 17:36
markwell85

The following in only for Linux - I have not maintained anything on Windows since about 2002.
To intsall into an existing Linux install from your ISO, copy the ISO image to your existing install as a file. Mount the image at say /mt/cdrom
Code:
mount -o loop,ro -t iso9660 /path/to/ISO/file /mnt/cdrom
You may need to modprobe loop and iso9660 first.
You can now run the installer from somewhere in /mnt/cdrom

If the installer wants to do a bare metal install, boot the box into rescue mode and the above steps sholud still work.
You will need to choose your in install options carefully, since you want to install to your HDD, not the rescue system root, which is in RAM.

markwell85
24-03-2014, 11:06
I want to install the default version of ESXi 5.5 as OVH version allows ssh and vsphere client access etc to everyone, even though I have only allowed one IP to have access.

If there is a way to remove what ever OVH has added to override this then let me know

NeddySeagoon
23-03-2014, 18:21
markwell85,

Tell us what you want to do rather than your perceived solution to the problem. The more detail the better.
For example, I installed my own Gentoo but I did not use a KVM, nor boot to the BIOS to do it.

markwell85
22-03-2014, 09:30
Hi

Is it possible to boot into the BIOS to change the boot order so I can install my own OS using my own ISO