OVH Community, your new community space.

Terrible support

elcct
06-06-2014, 16:37
Since after each failing installation I was able to ssh to server, I figured out the only way to get someone's attention was to issue "rm -rf /" and reboot the server. Monitoring picked it up as server failure and technician probably seeing my failed installations re-installed the server.

Zolero
06-06-2014, 11:16
I have got the exact same problem...
How have you installed the custom template? I can't seem to fix this.

Technical issues?

elcct
08-04-2014, 22:23
Ok looks like someone reinstalled it now. Awesome!

Thanks,
elcct

elcct
08-04-2014, 21:32
Hi,

Today I received 5 servers that I ordered. After installing two of them I realized installer ignored my custom partition settings on both of them. (I made a mistake and not checked that before installing required software - so an hour wasted).

Decided to install them again. This time one server after taking a long time installed correctly. Second one would just boot to "Customer rescue system" during installation, but actually booting existing installation and noting in Tasks "An error occurred on rebooting your server."

I have written to support explaining the problem and which server it is about and after about an hour I got a reply that didn't make too much sense - "The installation has failed now, so you can perform a new reinstall from the SYS Control Panel, see https://eu.soyoustart.com/fr/manager/?csid=giLvw#/dashboard/xxx.ip-xxx.eu".

I know that installation failed and that's why I wrote an email in the first place. Link in the reply also pointed at server that had no fault... Anyway, I thought they did some magic and I finally will be able to re-install my server. But problem remains unsolved.

Of course I wrote an email (about 4pm today) explaining that problem persists and I am yet to receive an answer...

I was hoping to get software installed on the day I receive servers, but turns out due to faulty Control Panel and lack of support I got that day wasted. I cannot proceed with installation of other servers before I get software installed on the first two.

So I am paying for nothing.

Thanks,
elcct