OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH's new free stuff

classified
16-04-2014, 16:37
yes you get around 1 point for £1, so on the turnaround 100points = £1. so effectively you get back £1 for every £100 you spend. Not as much as other "loyal" members but I guess its something at least.

Neil
16-04-2014, 09:10
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
I think it's been in place for a while, it does take some digging around to find though, randomly came across it one day when I was playing around with the v3 Manager.

I don't believe they do, think it's just payments you make once you've activated it, though I guess the more payments you make the more points you get!
That is correct just activate it in the Manager v3, it has been around since 2008 at least.

Criot
15-04-2014, 22:56
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
Good to know after so many years with OVH - do previous payments count?
I think it's been in place for a while, it does take some digging around to find though, randomly came across it one day when I was playing around with the v3 Manager.

I don't believe they do, think it's just payments you make once you've activated it, though I guess the more payments you make the more points you get!

elcct
15-04-2014, 21:30
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
There's a loyalty points system, you can activate it through Manager v3 and you'll get points for each payment you make. I believe 100 points is worth £1.
Good to know after so many years with OVH - do previous payments count?

Criot
15-04-2014, 19:58
Quote Originally Posted by alex
what about if I pay per month but been for more than 1 year as OVH customer? stuffed like a turkey?
There's a loyalty points system, you can activate it through Manager v3 and you'll get points for each payment you make. I believe 100 points is worth £1.

alex
15-04-2014, 18:19
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
We do offer a loyalty discount, if you renew the server for 6 Months you get 1 Free or if you renew it for 12 Months you get 3 Months free.
what about if I pay per month but been for more than 1 year as OVH customer? stuffed like a turkey?

Neil
15-04-2014, 17:52
Quote Originally Posted by classified
ok I get that, some servers cannot be upgraded, but how about rewarding the loyal customers with those servers in other ways?
A reduction in price for example or a free month per year, since better hardware and more bandwidth have been available for cheaper over the years.(and that is just an example, I'm not complaining about the price.)
Not just saying "too bad your one of our loyal customers but your server cant be upgraded like the others, tough luck."
We do offer a loyalty discount, if you renew the server for 6 Months you get 1 Free or if you renew it for 12 Months you get 3 Months free.

classified
15-04-2014, 16:48
ok I get that, some servers cannot be upgraded, but how about rewarding the loyal customers with those servers in other ways?
A reduction in price for example or a free month per year, since better hardware and more bandwidth have been available for cheaper over the years.(and that is just an example, I'm not complaining about the price.)
Not just saying "too bad your one of our loyal customers but your server cant be upgraded like the others, tough luck."

Neil
14-04-2014, 12:34
Quote Originally Posted by arcadia171e
I own a 2013 miniSP 32gb / xenon 8c8t

My manager shows :

Network Connection: 1Gbps
Bandwidth type: Included
BW OVH/OVH: 200 Mbps
BW OVH/Internet: 200 Mbps
BW Internet/OVH: 200 Mbps
Traffic: unlimited

Do i get the 500mb upgrade ? And how do I go about doing it?
No the SP Servers cannot be upgraded as mentioned in a previous post in this thread.

arcadia171e
14-04-2014, 10:44
I own a 2013 miniSP 32gb / xenon 8c8t

My manager shows :

Network Connection: 1Gbps
Bandwidth type: Included
BW OVH/OVH: 200 Mbps
BW OVH/Internet: 200 Mbps
BW Internet/OVH: 200 Mbps
Traffic: unlimited

Do i get the 500mb upgrade ? And how do I go about doing it?

Neil
14-04-2014, 10:15
according to network connection
It says this at the top of the section.

Your server cannot but there are customers with EG Servers that are 4 years old that will get the upgrade.

classified
12-04-2014, 09:16
Surely then sending me and others an email including
"Bandwidth for all OVH servers (old and new ranges, according to network connection):
- Bandwidth is now burstable: speed increased up to 3 Gbps (limited to 36 hours/month)
- Increase in the guaranteed bandwidth included with your server to 500 Mbps"
is just wrong.
This reads as "ALL" servers "old and new ranges" and "...included with your server to 500 Mbps" seems to me that you are saying my server is upgradable.
Basicly how it seems is that because I have been a loyal customer and keeping the same server for the past 4 years (as it suits my needs and have no need to upgrade, even though there have been more recent servers available with better harware for cheaper) I am not eligible for anything.

Neil
11-04-2014, 17:43
Quote Originally Posted by Phixion
Neil, I find this decision very odd, especially as the setup fees were introduced to stop people dropping their old servers for new ones.

There's quite a difference between 100Mbps and 500Mbps... if anything this is encouraging that behaviour.

Do the latest Kimsufi servers get 500Mbps up? @ http://www.kimsufi.com/uk/
Hi

Its a hardware limitation, the since the EGs and onwards these servers have the dual uplinks see http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ge-2011-1-of-4. However SPs and Kimufis have 100Mbps/200Mbps more basic switches so it is not possible.

Phixion
11-04-2014, 15:42
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

Only the 2014 Servers and the old 1Gps EG Servers and above will and can be upgraded, old SPs/Kimsufis which are 100 - 200Mbps cannot be upgraded.

Only the 2014 Hosting servers can get the free licences.
Neil, I find this decision very odd, especially as the setup fees were introduced to stop people dropping their old servers for new ones.

There's quite a difference between 100Mbps and 500Mbps... if anything this is encouraging that behaviour.

Do the latest Kimsufi servers get 500Mbps up? @ http://www.kimsufi.com/uk/

Neil
11-04-2014, 11:16
Hi

Only the 2014 Servers and the old 1Gps EG Servers and above will and can be upgraded, old SPs/Kimsufis which are 100 - 200Mbps cannot be upgraded.

Only the 2014 Hosting servers can get the free licences.

classified
10-04-2014, 18:28
I would also like to know this about the bandwidth since mine hasnct changed yet in old manager and I cant seem to find it in new manager....also about the free license for hosting range, I have a superplan mini 09. With a free plesk license, would I be eligible to have one of the others, cpanel ect?

arcadia171e
10-04-2014, 17:36
When does the 500 mbs come into effect? Mines still shows 200mbs in the manager page?

C0n
10-04-2014, 16:28
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

@COn
Only hosting servers will get the license for free. I'm sure you can get drinks a lot cheaper

@alex
The maximum IP for the 2014 range of servers is 256.

Danny
Hehe yup wish it was for the others but wishing gets us no where in life, And I am from London so it is not to cheap in pub's here

LawsHosting
10-04-2014, 11:42
This is actually what I can get also on my 2010 Kimsufi, which, to me is madness:

I already have 32 IPs!

Dani
10-04-2014, 09:52
Hi

@COn
Only hosting servers will get the license for free. I'm sure you can get drinks a lot cheaper

@alex

Danny

alex
09-04-2014, 23:01
Hi

Additional IP will be paid as an one off setup fee. Afterwards, the IP will be free alongside the server.

Danny
any limitations of IPs per server?

C0n
09-04-2014, 22:15
I have two servers a EG 64G server and a Infrastructure Server EG - 32G, Am i able to benefit from the free windows license ?

//EDIT :

Never mind i saw it say Hosting servers*
Licences* on Hosting range servers:
- FREE: Windows, Plesk, cPanel, DirectAdmin and Virtuozzo
So the only people who benefit from this is https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/hosting/ Anyone with those servers.

Wish the offer was for the other servers would be allot cheaper for me
£16.66 per windows license for two servers that totals to £33.32 I could go down the pub and buy my mates a round of drinks with that every month

mike_
09-04-2014, 17:20
That's a shame. These new licenses aren't much use for existing customers unless they want to reinstall their server. It would be nice if OVH offered one or two VM licenses in place of a dedicated license. Let's face it, a lot of people would have taken a host range server (6 CPU cores, 32GB RAM and 16 free IPs) to host VMs.

Dani
09-04-2014, 17:17
Hi

@JakeMS
At the moment the IP will be free with the server, you would only pay the initial setup fee.

If you renew your server for 12 months, your IP will be free with your server for 12 months.

If you renew your server every 1 month, your IP maybe chargable if the offer changes at that month.
This would mean you may pay for the IP on the subsequent months down the line.

@mike_
The cPanel license is for the main IP.

Danny

mike_
09-04-2014, 17:08
Can the cPanel license be used for a virtual machine? The order seemed to create it for the main IP, but obviously we don't want to reinstall just for cPanel as we have a variety of VMs running under proxmox.

JakeMS
09-04-2014, 17:03
Dani, while we have your attention, one quick question..

Will these IPv4's remain free? What I mean is, let's say someone pays the £2 setup fee and gets a free IPv4, and in 2 months time OVH changes their IPv4 Policy, and charges a monthly fee again, will that customer have to start paying again or would they be able to keep the free IPv4?

Dani
09-04-2014, 16:48
Hi

As long as your server is eligible for the Free IP, you will benefit from the offer automatically.
You don't need to purchase any IP to take advantage of this.

Danny

markwell85
09-04-2014, 16:29
So my current ip's will now be free we don't have to purchase new ones to get the deal

Dani
09-04-2014, 16:27
Hi

Additional IP will be paid as an one off setup fee. Afterwards, the IP will be free alongside the server.

Danny

markwell85
09-04-2014, 16:24
Yeah reading into it looks that way so my current ip's and blocks /29 will now be free as I have already paid

JakeMS
09-04-2014, 16:22
mark: It is to my understanding that this is a setup fee, not a monthly fee.

OVH staff feel free to correct me if I'm wrong..

markwell85
09-04-2014, 16:15
Hi

I have tried to order a new ip to see if I get them free now it was going to charge me £2 per month, I have also had the email saying it's going to be free. I have a /29 block but want to make sure this is now free for me

My server is a sp-64

Dani
09-04-2014, 16:04
Hi

@sandygws
Your server is FS-8T, this is already a backup server. Its not possible to have FTP backup for an backup server.

Danny

sandygws
09-04-2014, 15:33
Danny, could you please look into the problem posted above.

I note that the terms page states the following:

Backup Storage: every OVH dedicated server offers 500 GB space included for storing your non-critical data. With 10 TB data capacity (as an option), take advantage of the FTP(S), NFS and CIFS protocols to carry out your backups with ease.
https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/faq.xml

Thank you

Dani
09-04-2014, 15:26
Hi

@mike_

1) You can change it in the new manager under Backup Storage.
2) The license is free for Hosting Servers, please create an order in manager v3 it will present an order for £29.99 but when you click on the order itself, the order comes to £0.00

Danny

sandygws
09-04-2014, 14:09
I also received the email, but I when I connect to the new OVH Manager to activate my (FS-8T) Free 500GB, I get the following:

Une erreur est survenue lors de l'activation du backup storage. (You cannot benefit of this offer)
Can anyone at OVH help?

mike_
09-04-2014, 13:32
I recieved almost the same email except that mine didnt have the part about hosting licenses.
I think the reason for that is the hosting range servers were differentiated by free IP addresses, but all OVH servers now have free IPs. The free cPanel/etc licenses are to maintain a difference in the host range.

classified
09-04-2014, 13:24
I recieved almost the same email except that mine didnt have the part about hosting licenses.

mike_
09-04-2014, 13:06
After using the new Beta Manager and reading some French guides I've been able to enable NFS backups.

For anyone seeing this, enable NFS in the 'Backup Storage' tab under your server in the new manager. Then use the export path /export/ftpbackup/nsXXXXXX on the hostname displayed in the manager.

mike_
09-04-2014, 13:00
We got the following email at work today:

Failover IPs and IP blocks:
- Are now FREE on all eligible OVH dedicated servers (old and new ranges).

Licences* on Hosting range servers:
- FREE: Windows, Plesk, cPanel, DirectAdmin and Virtuozzo

FTP Backup renamed as Backup Storage:
- 500 GB now FREE and already enabled on your server
- Extension of tranfers protocols: FTP(S), NFS and CIFS
- An optional space of up to 10 TB available
For more info on this offer, go to:
http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_serve...up-storage.xml

Bandwidth for all OVH servers (old and new ranges, according to network connection):
- Bandwidth is now burstable: speed increased up to 3 Gbps (limited to 36 hours/month)
- Increase in the guaranteed bandwidth included with your server to 500 Mbps
Which is awesome news (if only OVH would treat loyal KS customers from 2011 the same way!). Anyway, two questions:

1. I've enabled the FTP backup space, but can't find out how to connect to it over NFS as the email implies is now possible
2. Trying to buy a cPanel license still leads to a £29.99 charge. I can't find how to get it for free.