OVH Community, your new community space.

BK-24T Poor network performance

Criot
25-04-2014, 22:21
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
Ordered FS-12T from OVH's Storage range. I hope this one will be better.
Storage range has guaranteed bandwidth and burst as well, so you should get a lot better network performance out of that.

elcct
25-04-2014, 22:17
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
Missed the internal bit, so yes, does seem slow considering it's internal OVH.
Ordered FS-12T from OVH's Storage range. I hope this one will be better.

Criot
25-04-2014, 20:53
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
Internal bandwidth (OVH <-> OVH ) has always been 1Gbps in MG and to my other SYS servers I was able to use that incoming bandwidth (other SYS servers have only limited outgoing bandwith to 200Mbps), so I assumed if backup server doesn't mention that 200Mbps limit it is that to be possible to get data out of the server at reasonable speed, especially if it offers so much space. Having it at 200Mbps is basically pointless in terms of backup usage scenario, especially if that's only internal traffic.

Anyway I have requested a refund and would be looking for something else.
Missed the internal bit, so yes, does seem slow considering it's internal OVH.

elcct
25-04-2014, 17:48
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
The MG servers have higher guaranteed bandwidth and also a burst bandwidth now as well which is why you could utilize the full 1GBPS. I wouldn't say you could really moan about this as there is no guarantee on bandwidth.
Internal bandwidth (OVH <-> OVH ) has always been 1Gbps in MG and to my other SYS servers I was able to use that incoming bandwidth (other SYS servers have only limited outgoing bandwith to 200Mbps), so I assumed if backup server doesn't mention that 200Mbps limit it is that to be possible to get data out of the server at reasonable speed, especially if it offers so much space. Having it at 200Mbps is basically pointless in terms of backup usage scenario, especially if that's only internal traffic.

Anyway I have requested a refund and would be looking for something else.

Criot
25-04-2014, 16:24
The MG servers have higher guaranteed bandwidth and also a burst bandwidth now as well which is why you could utilize the full 1GBPS. I wouldn't say you could really moan about this as there is no guarantee on bandwidth.

elcct
25-04-2014, 15:12
Hi,

I rented BK-24T server for backups. I understand bandwidth is not guaranteed, but why is it capped at 200Mbps if "on the tin" says it is 1Gbps?

To clear things up, I am sending backup from MG server which has 1Gbps to OVH bandwidth and also from other servers, but transfer can't go past 200 Mbps as you can see in the screenshot.

That MG server was able to utilize 1Gbps of bandwidth to regular SYS servers without problem.

Thanks,
elcct