OVH Community, your new community space.

Sporadic loss of connection

Criot
28-04-2014, 17:54
Quote Originally Posted by makno
my server as it is it's now useless, good thing I moved most of my services to online.net and hetzner. still i'm paying £40 a month now for something i can't use and I can't backup either as the connection just fails....
Is it OVH server or Kimsufi/SYS? If it's OVH submit incident ticket, that's what I got told to do when support replied (had cleared up by then though) - If it's SYS contact support and ask for an incident ticket to be opened for you I guess.

makno
28-04-2014, 13:23
my server as it is it's now useless, good thing I moved most of my services to online.net and hetzner. still i'm paying £40 a month now for something i can't use and I can't backup either as the connection just fails....

AndyJ
28-04-2014, 12:02
If it is the same issue then there must be more people with it. I just cannot get over OVH's blatant disregard for customers. There will come a time where everyone knows to simply keep away. Most forums already have people saying "try ovh its cheap but you get no support". Now there's a reputation to live up to

makno
27-04-2014, 14:41
I am having the same issue, it started during the week and it just keeps happening. At first i thought it was an issue with one of my vms but i did a completely fresh install and it is still happening.

AndyJ
27-04-2014, 11:28
fml

Criot
26-04-2014, 17:51
Ah, bad luck then! Ours started at around 3AM GMT, seems to be a very weird issue though, not a clue what the cause was!

A few days of the same issue seems weird though.

AndyJ
26-04-2014, 17:34
Your post is interesting, It started very early Wed morning (before 1 AM GMT) as I had been working all day Tuesday and then all of a sudden it went down so decided to go to bed!

AndyJ
26-04-2014, 17:29
It's kimsufi so they just tell me to **** off :/

Criot
26-04-2014, 17:19
We had an issue on Tuesday with a server in BHS, everyone in the US was fine but Europe/Australian clients couldn't connect (even we couldn't connect from the UK). Support replied on Wednesday saying to submit an incident ticket in the event of network issues, probably something you should do if you know that there's no firewalls on the server which could be causing it.

AndyJ
26-04-2014, 16:19
Datacentre
RBX 5
Rack
45B28

Criot
26-04-2014, 16:06
What DC is the server in?

AndyJ
26-04-2014, 14:13
I was working away on Wednesday night as I have done for the past 2 years on this development server when all of a sudden I get kicked from remote desktop and sent this message:

Long story short, this has continued ever since, I can connect for about 2-5 minutes and then get disconnected for 2-5 minutes etc etc etc.
I went into rescue mode - no hardware issues reported there - HDD good - CPU good - Memory good - network "good"
I reinstalled Windows (assuming that there was an OS error) - no fix

Ping remains constant and doesn't time out
Connections from the services I run via TCP also get cut off
It appears all connections are dropped
I can connect to my other OVH servers no problem
I do not have to be logged in for my connections to be blocked - ie even if I restart then there is the possibility that I receive the error above for a few minutes

Continued from http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...dows-reinstall