OVH Community, your new community space.

Kimsufi support sucks

DigitalDaz
06-06-2014, 23:04
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
That's not the point though. I paid for these failover IPs knowing they could be routed to a different server in a matter of minutes, thus avoiding troublesome DNS changes. Seems like my money was wasted...
Ah yes, those were the days, remember when this was a busy forum and Kimsufis were Kimsufis and OVH was OVH, you could get support then for Kimis and it was pretty good too. If you wanted something a little extra, just buy professional usage.

Now its like entering the Krypton Factor to just find out what you need and can have, to top it all it changes on a nearly weekly basis or so it seems.

There are still some good deals but 'wierd'. Take for example the 192GB RAM box with two SATA drives, what use is that to anyone? Four drives maybe, eight better, but two? All that good RAM and CPU just sat in io wait forever

mike_
06-06-2014, 09:52
Quote Originally Posted by JakeMS
I agree about the upgrade path you suggest.

However, I would like to mention that people who will get new IP's have the ability to update DNS surely? Once DNS is updated most problems should be solved.

Of course, there will be situations where things are directly pointed at an IP. In this case, you could do an "over-lap" where you leave an old server running for a month or so which has the old IP's which redirect traffic to the new ones until all IP's are updated.

Just my 2c :-).
That's not the point though. I paid for these failover IPs knowing they could be routed to a different server in a matter of minutes, thus avoiding troublesome DNS changes. Seems like my money was wasted...

alex
06-06-2014, 00:28
Quote Originally Posted by K.Kode
You do of course realise that older kimsufi's cost more than the current price (including servers in the OVH/SYS range).
I have noticed that, every year the better servers with faster speed is cheaper than previous once. I do have old version of kimsufi stock and I pay every month exactly the same as last year SP-1 server, the difference with kimsufi no extra IPs, no support (sorry, continuously sending me to forum - it's exactly the same as no support) and no SLA.

Criot
05-06-2014, 23:28
Update courtesy of someone on LowEndTalk:

You can now transfer IPs from SYS to OVH, so hopefully this might be in Kimsufi too (or coming to Kimsufi)?

RikT
05-06-2014, 18:03
Quote Originally Posted by JakeMS

However, I would like to mention that people who will get new IP's have the ability to update DNS surely? Once DNS is updated most problems should be solved.

Of course, there will be situations where things are directly pointed at an IP. In this case, you could do an "over-lap" where you leave an old server running for a month or so which has the old IP's which redirect traffic to the new ones until all IP's are updated.

The point is you shouldnt have to do that as they are paying for the ip's so they should be able to move them to other servers if they wish

JakeMS
05-06-2014, 14:15
This. I would switch to SYS in a heartbeat if we could. And then people on SYS should be able to move IPs to OVH, so there's a clear upgrade path: KS > SYS > OVH.

I still don't understand why OVH decided to go with three different websites & sets of accounts.

K.Kode
04-06-2014, 17:55
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
Everyone knows Kimsufi support isn't good and that's due to how popular it's become due to the price, it's fair to say 'you're not paying peanuts' but why haven't you moved to a range which offers better support if you're 'not paying peanuts' - It just doesn't make sense.
Kimsufi support used to be pretty decent, it was only when they dropped the ball by introducing 2.99 servers and complaining about turnover that they started moving the goal posts on support, and then pretty much everything else.

I've given up trying to get hardware replaced when it fails, I can get better spec and support elsewhere for the same price range without having to go through the cluster f*** system they have in place now.

chostwales
04-06-2014, 15:04
This. I would switch to SYS in a heartbeat if we could. And then people on SYS should be able to move IPs to OVH, so there's a clear upgrade path: KS > SYS > OVH.

I still don't understand why OVH decided to go with three different websites & sets of accounts.
We're in the same boat. Several Kimsufi's all over £50/mth. However we are forced to move our IPs to OVH only as they are managed in the main OVH manager panel only.

It's stupid though when we try to get support. However in fairness once we explain on the phone we pay £50+/month there a bit more helpful.

Kind Regards,

mike_
04-06-2014, 14:27
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
But we can't move our IPs

LawsHosting
04-06-2014, 14:13
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
If you're paying that sort of price for a Kimsufi server then you want to be looking at scrapping it and either paying what the new prices are for Kimsufi, or go for OVH itself where you're going to get better support.
But we can't move our IPs

Criot
04-06-2014, 01:15
If you're paying that sort of price for a Kimsufi server then you want to be looking at scrapping it and either paying what the new prices are for Kimsufi, or go for OVH itself where you're going to get better support.

Everyone knows Kimsufi support isn't good and that's due to how popular it's become due to the price, it's fair to say 'you're not paying peanuts' but why haven't you moved to a range which offers better support if you're 'not paying peanuts' - It just doesn't make sense.

Kimsufi isn't for anything mission critical, hence the *NEW* cheap price, lack of RAID, lack of support.

Kacotet
03-06-2014, 22:31
Yes, I do expect reasonably fast support when I'm paying £100 per month for the Kimsufi.

LawsHosting
03-06-2014, 21:19
Quote Originally Posted by K.Kode
You do of course realise that older kimsufi's cost more than the current price (including servers in the OVH/SYS range).
This...

but new customers are unaware, hence the stupid "do you realise you pay peanuts?"..... which we don't

K.Kode
03-06-2014, 20:00

Criot
03-06-2014, 19:19
Quote Originally Posted by Kacotet
It shouldn't take 5 days to get an HDD replaced. :/
At the price you're paying for Kimsufi, did you really expect super fast support?

Kacotet
03-06-2014, 17:58
It shouldn't take 5 days to get an HDD replaced. :/

alex
03-06-2014, 15:31
Kimsufi comes without any support, no SLA and nothing extra.

LawsHosting
03-06-2014, 15:26
You just noticed this?

On a serious note, I bet if they dump Kimsufi's, they will lose money - you can tell how many there are being rented by last year's mess.... We get no support but even companies use Kimsufi's, so you know, they should get some support, like 10 tickets a month or something.

I'd happily rent a OVH server if I could take my IP's with me, sadly, I cant

Kacotet
03-06-2014, 13:53
No response after 5 days. Is OVH trying to kill the Kimsufi brand?