OVH Community, your new community space.

Adding Domain to VPS

flexluther
09-06-2014, 14:14
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

You need to change the A record. The A record will allow your domain and VPS to work together. This can be done at:

Manager >> Domain >> Domain and DNS >> DNS Zone

Within the DNS Zone you need to submit the IP address of the VPS into the A record.

Can you provide me with your domain name so I can check for you? Alternatively you can contact customer support where we can look into it via email.

Danny
Thank you Danny for the swift reply
I've just tried as you suggested and at the same time I received help via OVH customer support. Fingers crossed all goes well now.

Many thanks!

Dani
09-06-2014, 13:32
Hi

You need to change the A record. The A record will allow your domain and VPS to work together. This can be done at:

Manager >> Domain >> Domain and DNS >> DNS Zone

Within the DNS Zone you need to submit the IP address of the VPS into the A record.

Can you provide me with your domain name so I can check for you? Alternatively you can contact customer support where we can look into it via email.

Danny

flexluther
09-06-2014, 13:30
Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction as my website is now receiving down time.
I purchased a VPS here on OVH and transferred my domain name from Godaddy to OVH (I thought that might make things easier). My question is how do I point the domain to my newly purchased VPS server? At the moment I have the domain linked to the "start1m" hosting account but I need it pointed to the VPS.

Any help I would be very grateful.