OVH Community, your new community space.

Cloud VPS diff performance

Criot
11-06-2014, 17:03
Quote Originally Posted by Dortmunderz
Currently I am on shared hosting with about 8% of cpu allocation and my wait time to receive first byte from server is unacceptable. it starts sending files to browser 1.5sec to 3sec delay as well as connection to image files. and thats with fully cached wordpress.

I assume OVH cloud vps will blow my shared hosting out of water.
I am leaning towards cloud VPS + Plesk because I can deal with plesk, and I was told by OVH CSR through email that I can use Plesk to install MySQL , php, etc. but I wouldn't have choice of OS since it's bundled preinstall with Centos 6.

Probably I'm going with Canadian DC, simply because I'll get Canadian customer service.
P.S.

It took me 5 emails to get answer on my question that I asked over and over again, he was like human auto-responder.
It seemed like OVH client support was evading question on purpose and finally I received answer from ANOTHER rep the next day.

Either he didn't know(*not likely) or thought he was in danger of becoming helpful.
If you buy from OVH UK then you'll get UK support regardless of the DC, except from incident tickets which are with Technicians directly.

OVH Cloud VPS is very good for performance and would likely perform much better than your current shared hosting.

Dortmunderz
11-06-2014, 16:44
Currently I am on shared hosting with about 8% of cpu allocation and my wait time to receive first byte from server is unacceptable. it starts sending files to browser 1.5sec to 3sec delay as well as connection to image files. and thats with fully cached wordpress.

I assume OVH cloud vps will blow my shared hosting out of water.
I am leaning towards cloud VPS + Plesk because I can deal with plesk, and I was told by OVH CSR through email that I can use Plesk to install MySQL , php, etc. but I wouldn't have choice of OS since it's bundled preinstall with Centos 6.

Probably I'm going with Canadian DC, simply because I'll get Canadian customer service.
P.S.

It took me 5 emails to get answer on my question that I asked over and over again, he was like human auto-responder.
It seemed like OVH client support was evading question on purpose and finally I received answer from ANOTHER rep the next day.

Either he didn't know(*not likely) or thought he was in danger of becoming helpful.

Criot
11-06-2014, 11:54
I haven't personally used their Web Hosting but have several Cloud VPS and the performance is pretty good indeed, the resources on Cloud VPS are Dedicated and I'd therefore expect the performance to be much better. You just need to take into account that a Cloud VPS is up to you to manage the server, if you don't have past experience of managing servers it might be difficult for you to fix issues, install control panels etc.

Dortmunderz
11-06-2014, 05:22
Planning to run WP+Woocommerce and my question is, is there a SIGNIFICANT difference in performance between:

OVH Performance Hosting (€9.99/mo) - and- OVH Cloud VPS (€9.99/mo)

If you can give me an idea how are they different from each other, I'd be eternally grateful.