OVH Community, your new community space.

Game server prices

Criot
17-06-2014, 22:27
Quote Originally Posted by DennisMidjord
What are the cons of using a game server? I mean, you could save a lot of money by buying one of the game servers instead of the other ranges.
No RAID and desktop grade hardware.

RaZzR
17-06-2014, 22:14
it says À partir de 19.99€ HT /14 jours (Soit 39.99€ HT /Mois) on the french website, so thats the GAME-1 which probably is a bit dissapointing and confusing when as many may think that it would be 19.99€ for 30 days or a month, which makes the pricing of servers not as attractive. Thus, a bit miss communication/ misleading marketing.

DennisMidjord
17-06-2014, 20:32
What are the cons of using a game server? I mean, you could save a lot of money by buying one of the game servers instead of the other ranges.

godgodgodgo
17-06-2014, 15:50
So anything about the benefits of the SSD server hardware over the Game server non-server hardware?

Frozen233
13-06-2014, 17:38
Quote Originally Posted by happyman
Where are you seeing the game server prices ? - For me it just says 'Coming Soon' ??
Hello

The game servers are only avaliable for French customers, you can check out the prices for them here:

http://www.soyoustart.com/fr/serveurs-game.xml

happyman
13-06-2014, 16:52
Where are you seeing the game server prices ? - For me it just says 'Coming Soon' ??

godgodgodgo
13-06-2014, 16:30
I'm curious as to what the benefit of server grade hardware is. Is it just that they are generally more reliable?
From what I've seen from comparisons the CPUs of the non-server hardware offered outperforms that of the server hardware.

Frozen233
13-06-2014, 15:46
Quote Originally Posted by Criot

Also seems the pricing is per 14 days not per month like the other ranges.
The price in red is the one of 14 Days. The one in black, is the real price, which will be billed monthly/quarterly.... like the rest of the dedicateds.

Criot
12-06-2014, 16:33
I would guess it's due to the Game Servers running single drives and Desktop Grade hardware (in terms of CPU) in comparison to the other ranges which have dual drives (therefore you can have RAID) and Server grade hardware.

Also seems the pricing is per 14 days not per month like the other ranges.

godgodgodgo
12-06-2014, 16:24
Why are the game servers so cheap? I've checked out the prices and specs on the French site and the Game servers seem significantly cheaper per month than the SSD servers and with better specs.

I could be wrong or I could be getting the pricing wrong since the default pricing is for 14 days currently but could anyone help with this?