OVH Community, your new community space.

Gameservers (Unfair for UK)

Jasgriff
23-06-2014, 19:07
Quote Originally Posted by Wilco
Incorrect, they were only on the FR website so French customers could order, They updated the UK website 2 days later only at that point they were all sold out.

In terms of beta testing ... i would also like to beta test one not just for OVH/SYS but for myself and my setup.
I know its annoying to miss something but that's just how it is. I am not sure if I saw it on the French site or the English one but I am pretty sure when I was looking at it if I wanted to order it I could have. I have even just tried to order another server from the French site and it let me so it more than likely could have been ordered.

The same could also apply to the Kimi 1's. they are in stock for 10 - 20 minutes in the early hours of the morning so all of the Americans get to them before the English or French. Just have to keep checking and then you will no doubt get one.

ctype_alnum
23-06-2014, 16:21
Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing as I am sure you would agree however I don't think it is particularly helpful to label certain forum users as 'children' just because they did not check quick enough and mentioned it here.

heise
23-06-2014, 15:25
For those children, that like to complain, game server were available 20.6.2014 - so everybody had a fair chance of getting one, if he looked at the right time on SYS website.

Neil
23-06-2014, 12:07
Quote Originally Posted by Spxify
Then again, that is not the point... I think we all understand you need to translate all the websites and need some time for that, but offer these servers to all countries at the same time. The French site offered them first, resulting in them being out of stock before other countries could order them. Which means the servers were ready, given the arguments OVH has given in the past.
Only a limited amount you can openly see when we last delivered a server in this range http://www.soyoustart.com/en/game-servers.xml

Spxify
20-06-2014, 22:50
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

The GAME servers will be listed on the website when its ready. If its not listed in the website, it means the servers are not ready yet.

Danny
Then again, that is not the point... I think we all understand you need to translate all the websites and need some time for that, but offer these servers to all countries at the same time. The French site offered them first, resulting in them being out of stock before other countries could order them. Which means the servers were ready, given the arguments OVH has given in the past.

elcct
20-06-2014, 19:07
Quote Originally Posted by heise
Look, it's a french company with french technicians. If I were doing a beta test, I would prefer french customers, so they can complain to my french technicians in french and not some google translated gibberish English. If everything goes well, you can get one - NOT BETA - in two weeks. What's your problem?
It is against the law to refuse a sale to a customer living in another EU country. You should be able to get on their French site and buy there. Unfortunately it only applies to individual customers, they have a right to refuse sale to a company. And giving how soviet like bureaucracy is in the EU, this law is practically dead.

Dani
20-06-2014, 18:09
Incorrect, they were only on the FR website so French customers could order, They updated the UK website 2 days later only at that point they were all sold out.

In terms of beta testing ... i would also like to beta test one not just for OVH/SYS but for myself and my setup.
Hi

The GAME servers will be listed on the website when its ready. If its not listed in the website, it means the servers are not ready yet.

Danny

heise
20-06-2014, 10:04
SoYouStart is a company. They act first in their own interst (nothing wrong about that) and you are complaining because of your selfishness? Grow up.

Wilco
20-06-2014, 09:35
Quote Originally Posted by Jasgriff
When I was looking at them the other day they were in stock to order for a 2 week test if I recall? either way they were there to order.

heise, I see you have made your way over to this forum too?

P.s someone should make a game server availability checker if its going to be that popular

heise
19-06-2014, 23:52
Hi Jasgriff, jep climbing the stairs. For my taste http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread....l=1#post153899 would suffice, but I guess you are right.

Jasgriff
19-06-2014, 21:53
Quote Originally Posted by Spxify
Seems like the typical and standard OVH support answers are still there.
When I was looking at them the other day they were in stock to order for a 2 week test if I recall? either way they were there to order.

heise, I see you have made your way over to this forum too?

P.s someone should make a game server availability checker if its going to be that popular

heise
19-06-2014, 21:15
Look, it's a french company with french technicians. If I were doing a beta test, I would prefer french customers, so they can complain to my french technicians in french and not some google translated gibberish English. If everything goes well, you can get one - NOT BETA - in two weeks. What's your problem?

Criot
19-06-2014, 20:12
Danny that doesn't answer the issue here.

Will they be made available for the UK (stock before the end of the beta period) ... and why did they only go up on the English/UK site when they were all sold out to the French customers ?
I'm pretty sure they've been in stock a few times, unless I'm thinking of another range.

Spxify
19-06-2014, 19:18
Seems like the typical and standard OVH support answers are still there.

Wilco
19-06-2014, 18:45
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

The GAME servers are currently in the BETA test period until June 30th 2014. Information on the website regarding GAME servers are subject to change.

Danny
Danny that doesn't answer the issue here.

Will they be made available for the UK (stock before the end of the beta period) ... and why did they only go up on the English/UK site when they were all sold out to the French customers ?

Dani
19-06-2014, 16:32
Hi

The GAME servers are currently in the BETA test period until June 30th 2014. Information on the website regarding GAME servers are subject to change.

Danny

Spxify
19-06-2014, 15:06
Yes, he could keep checking the relevant pages until a server is available again. However, that is not the point. The servers were sold out before anyone outside from France could order it (because you have to order from the site of your country)... It's a bad way of serving customers, they should've translated all sites before releasing the public BETA...

ctype_alnum
19-06-2014, 10:40
I notice the gameserver BETA went live... but only for french customers... it was then added 2 days later for the UK but fully sold out before it was added.

Just wondering when your going to add more and how this is fair for not just the UK but the rest of Europe what you wait until there sold out before adding it to the EN version of the soyoustart.com website ?
So keep checking the relevant pages and get the service when its available?

heise
19-06-2014, 10:35
Well, that's why it is called BETA. They are still testing it. It is not ready for the public. So you asked?

Wilco
19-06-2014, 04:38
I notice the gameserver BETA went live... but only for french customers... it was then added 2 days later for the UK but fully sold out before it was added.

Just wondering when your going to add more and how this is fair for not just the UK but the rest of Europe what you wait until there sold out before adding it to the EN version of the soyoustart.com website ?