OVH Community, your new community space.

Questions before ordering a Server

Jasgriff
19-06-2014, 23:57
If the the server is available in multiple locations you can choose it if its not you cant. I think certain locations are more geared up for for certain servers than others.

heise
19-06-2014, 22:53
Scan of ID + bill to prove address. It seems you cannot choose your datacenter in France.

[Update] You can choose, if it is a 120sec server[/Update]

xaldeon
19-06-2014, 20:46
Everyone seems to be getting 12-20 ms. If the paypal thing seems to be alright I will be moving to OVH somewhere next month. Is it possible for you to choose at which data center you want the server to be at?

And which documents will I need for the verification? Will a scan of my ID be enough?

heise
19-06-2014, 20:08
Paypal, no problem.
Speedtest http://proof.ovh.net/
Hardware is being replace free, but customer needs to do diagnostic.

xaldeon
19-06-2014, 19:42
I'm currently looking into migrating my old server to OVH, but I have some questions regarding the service.

I want to pay through paypal. Do I need a Visa card linked to my paypal in order to pay for the server? Or can I just manually click a "pay now" button each time I receive an invoice? I currently pay through donations and I manually top up my account if needed.

Since we are a gaming community, would it be possible for some people to post an ip address of one of the servers they're renting from OVH in one of the French data centers? I would love to test the latency for me and some of the members.

On hardware failure. Is the hardware getting replaced for free or do I have to pay fees?

Thanks