OVH Community, your new community space.

My server isnt mailing me my installation information.!!

Dani
20-06-2014, 17:31
Hi

I will email you directly regarding this issue.

Danny

heise
20-06-2014, 17:25
You can add ssh keys to the manager to ssh into rescue mode without the need of password. Then you can do the procedure above.

hyposun
20-06-2014, 16:39
Quote Originally Posted by heise
Some SPAM systems are configured to delete, what they believe to be clear spam. If your server was offline, they will retry to send you the email.

But, you can boot to rescue mode, mount root partition, chroot to it and change root password and then boot back from HDD to log into your computer. Piece of cake.
Hey.. well ive gone over the spam settings on my email system, and turned everything off. so now everything gets trought.. BUT STILL not a freakn mail from my server.. and the rescue mode in sys control panel , i dont understand it.. if i try to telnet the server in rescue mode, still wants a root passwd, WICH i didnt resive because the sys panel isnt sending me the emails....... and 4 emails TO SUPPORT and NO answer WHAT so ever.. ok fine, they deliver GREAT servers, but that doesnt mean that they should just ignore theyr customers support!!

heise
20-06-2014, 16:09
Some SPAM systems are configured to delete, what they believe to be clear spam. If your server was offline, they will retry to send you the email.

But, you can boot to rescue mode, mount root partition, chroot to it and change root password and then boot back from HDD to log into your computer. Piece of cake.

hyposun
20-06-2014, 14:41
and before you ask more question regarding why i aint resiving emails.. I did get email when i registered on this site.. so yes the email works and it doesnt end up in the spam folder.. IS JUST THE RE-INSTALLATION emails that has all the information that is not beeing sent.. or been resived by me.. and thats a major problem

hyposun
20-06-2014, 14:36
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

Your primary and secondary email appears to be the same.

Danny

not on my screen.. anyway.. THE problem is that NON of these mailadresses are resiving installation mails.. and THERFOR i cant use or install any software on my server.. NO root password or anything.. So Could you please.... find out why i dont resive any emails from you when i reinstall my server? and can u plase CHANGE my primary email : torove@hyposun.com to torove@gmail.com??

Dani
20-06-2014, 13:37
Hi

Your primary and secondary email appears to be the same.

Danny

hyposun
20-06-2014, 12:06
Hi

Based on the information, it appears the access codes was sent to yourself alraedy. It was sent on the same day at 20:41. Can you check your spam/junk folders. Sometimes the access code email may find themselves into these folders by accident.

Danny
hey again.. no nothing has come.. it may be because my hyposun.com domain was down when i ordered the server and after installation ive got my email back up.. but if i reinstall server now, i still dont get any email with info.. can u change my primary mail to my secondary? torove@gmail.com

Dani
20-06-2014, 11:56
Hi

Based on the information, it appears the access codes was sent to yourself alraedy. It was sent on the same day at 20:41. Can you check your spam/junk folders. Sometimes the access code email may find themselves into these folders by accident.

Danny

hyposun
20-06-2014, 11:22
Hi

Please provide me with either your email address, NIC handle or order number. I can check this for you.

Danny
email adress is : torove@hyposun.com
Customer ID: at35754-sys

thanks

Dani
20-06-2014, 11:06
Hi

Please provide me with either your email address, NIC handle or order number. I can check this for you.

Danny

hyposun
20-06-2014, 10:43
So ive ordered a new server.. got it quick (very nice SYS), problem is that my primary email, that i still have and works, doesnt resive any email when i install my server, so i get no root passwords or information, and therfor at this moment my server is useless. ive emailed support TWICE about this issue, and still waiting over 24h now please help