OVH Community, your new community space.

Charging for IP's again

mariolita
13-12-2014, 10:18
Hi

I think you are jumping to conclusions, the Kimsufi Servers were never going to have free IPs only the OVH Servers. If you have received an email then it is for Kimsufi Server and the IPs that are routed to it.

Jesy_par
11-08-2014, 14:16
The soyoustart.com servers with better specs come with 2 HDD, more RAM and 16 IPs included and cheaper than old KS servers - this is really piss me off, as prices for loyal customer should be adjusted.

LawsHosting
28-07-2014, 10:42
Ok, where is this month's invoice for these? Do they get sent each month or what?

Anyone else got theirs?

Last month's was sent on the 24th after 4pm.

Edit:

What a time to send it... 10:30pm on the 30th!

LawsHosting
07-07-2014, 14:21
Quote Originally Posted by alex
originally rules were after 3 months loyal customers will get extra IP addresses without pro usage (example) + some servers get cheaper as time goes by.
Well, we all know what Octave says now is to be taken by a pinch of salt........ I also remember many promises that died their death.

alex
07-07-2014, 11:45
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
For reference, if you renew your server 1 year you get 3 months free, this is available to all servers that are older than 1 year.
originally rules were after 3 months loyal customers will get extra IP addresses without pro usage (example) + some servers get cheaper as time goes by.

Neil
07-07-2014, 10:00
the OVH boss decision that loyal customer get better off (as more you stay on server cheaper and better you will be, I do remember post), the next second decision old customers will be ripped off (every year the servers are cheaper and better specs and conditions)
For reference, if you renew your server 1 year you get 3 months free, this is available to all servers that are older than 1 year.

alex
06-07-2014, 19:13
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
@Niel it's a 2011 KS-16G and support said in no uncertain terms that the IPs were now free.

I'm now going to have to contribute to your turnover as for roughly the same spend I can get a SYS-IP-4:

Quad i5 -> Dual Quad Xeons
16GB RAM -> 96GB
Single 2TB -> 2x 2TB hardware RAID
100Mbps -> 250Mbps
Forum support -> Real support
17 IPs -> 16 IPs

I'd be mad not to. If the IPs were free it would have been enough for me to stay on the same server.
I have done exactly the same and will do every year upgrade from now on, the OVH boss decision that loyal customer get better off (as more you stay on server cheaper and better you will be, I do remember post), the next second decision old customers will be ripped off (every year the servers are cheaper and better specs and conditions)

LawsHosting
26-06-2014, 17:23
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
The essential servers which don't have IPs included can have up to 128 IPs/16 blocks, so if you order 4 8 blocks then there's your 32 IPs, plus you will have 8 blocks spare to order, maybe OVH staff can confirm it but that's what the site seems to suggest, the limits are 128IPs/16 blocks (on the one's where IPs are not included).
I know I can order IPs... but I don't want to.... I'd like to move what I have about, other than to an OVH server, because I use (most of) them and not all of my clients use my nameservers, just point to the IPs....

If that wasn't what you were getting at, I apologise..... but the system is still broken whatever people think.

LawsHosting
26-06-2014, 17:14
Is it a Kimsufi or an OVH Server? If it is a Kimsufi then apologies if you were told they are free as that was an error.
By the man himself...
https://twitter.com/DJPalsyP/status/460740221077037056
how much do you your server ? if > 80e/mo it's free. if < 80e it's billed.
So, by that, one should be FREE. Yes he knows it's a KS

mike_
26-06-2014, 17:11
@Niel it's a 2011 KS-16G and support said in no uncertain terms that the IPs were now free.

I'm now going to have to contribute to your turnover as for roughly the same spend I can get a SYS-IP-4:

Quad i5 -> Dual Quad Xeons
16GB RAM -> 96GB
Single 2TB -> 2x 2TB hardware RAID
100Mbps -> 250Mbps
Forum support -> Real support
17 IPs -> 16 IPs

I'd be mad not to. If the IPs were free it would have been enough for me to stay on the same server.

Criot
26-06-2014, 15:34
Can you actually get Failover IPs on Kimsufi now?

Neil
26-06-2014, 14:10
Quote Originally Posted by mike_
I was told in April that IPs were free on my server. Now I've got an invoice to pay.
Is it a Kimsufi or an OVH Server? If it is a Kimsufi then apologies if you were told they are free as that was an error.

mike_
26-06-2014, 00:06
I was told in April that IPs were free on my server. Now I've got an invoice to pay.

alex
25-06-2014, 23:35
Quote Originally Posted by DennisMidjord
Sorry, I must've thought that OP and alex was the same person. My bad
pointless to complain about support as it's unmanaged even hardware is unmanaged (French SLA) or sales team on continues holiday and only one reply per 24-48 hours.

DennisMidjord
25-06-2014, 12:17
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Where was he complaining about support, I must be missing something?
Sorry, I must've thought that OP and alex was the same person. My bad

Dani
25-06-2014, 12:12
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
The essential servers which don't have IPs included can have up to 128 IPs/16 blocks, so if you order 4 8 blocks then there's your 32 IPs, plus you will have 12 blocks spare to order, maybe OVH staff can confirm it but that's what the site seems to suggest, the limits are 128IPs/16 blocks (on the one's where IPs are not included).
Hi

This is correct for SYS Essential servers the maximum number if IP is 128 over 16 slots. You can have 4 slots of 8 IP blocks to make up the 32 IP. This will mean out of the 16 slots - 4 slots will give you 12 slots remaining. This also means 128 IP - 32 IP = 96 IP available on the server.

This allows you additional 96IP over the 12 remaining slots.

I hope this helps.

Danny

Criot
25-06-2014, 11:54
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting

Plus I have 30+ IPs, so unless I order a OVH server, there's no way I could get a SYS and keep my IPs. This is what you get for having lots of sites, and half-assed control panels that are half complete...... you get a broken system....
The essential servers which don't have IPs included can have up to 128 IPs/16 blocks, so if you order 4 8 blocks then there's your 32 IPs, plus you will have 8 blocks spare to order, maybe OVH staff can confirm it but that's what the site seems to suggest, the limits are 128IPs/16 blocks (on the one's where IPs are not included).

LawsHosting
25-06-2014, 11:14

Plus I have 30+ IPs, so unless I order a OVH server, there's no way I could get a SYS and keep my IPs. This is what you get for having lots of sites, and half-assed control panels that are half complete...... you get a broken system....

alex
25-06-2014, 00:28
Prices can change. Buy a server from SYS, transfer all your data and cancel the old server. That's really not a problem, and it doesn't take much time. Remember, you won't get a server much cheaper anywhere else. If you want premium support, go pay for it. If you buy the cheapest server you can find, don't complain about the support. I'm pretty sure you can find a place with better support - no doubt about it - but you'll have to pay more money.
I thought the OVH is care about the loyal customers...

The soyoustart.com servers with better specs come with 2 HDD, more RAM and 16 IPs included and cheaper than old KS servers - this is really piss me off, as prices for loyal customer should be adjusted.

DigitalDaz
24-06-2014, 23:00
Prices can change. Buy a server from SYS, transfer all your data and cancel the old server. That's really not a problem, and it doesn't take much time. Remember, you won't get a server much cheaper anywhere else. If you want premium support, go pay for it. If you buy the cheapest server you can find, don't complain about the support. I'm pretty sure you can find a place with better support - no doubt about it - but you'll have to pay more money.
Where was he complaining about support, I must be missing something?

DennisMidjord
24-06-2014, 19:41
I am jumping in my conclusion that I been f*cking ripped off, as I am paying original price for Kimsufi 16G 2011 - 1 month - £36.84(exc VAT) and soyoustart.com server with better specs come with 2 HDD, more RAM and 16 IPs included.

alex
24-06-2014, 19:03
Hi

I think you are jumping to conclusions, the Kimsufi Servers were never going to have free IPs only the OVH Servers. If you have received an email then it is for Kimsufi Server and the IPs that are routed to it.
I am jumping in my conclusion that I been f*cking ripped off, as I am paying original price for Kimsufi 16G 2011 - 1 month - £36.84(exc VAT) and soyoustart.com server with better specs come with 2 HDD, more RAM and 16 IPs included.

Neil
24-06-2014, 17:44
That feature is not there yet, but you can always do it via the website https://www.ovh.co.uk//cgi-bin/order...ection&csid=1# and choose '
Click here to renew your products by using your customer ID (NIC)'.

LawsHosting
24-06-2014, 17:37
This new manager, why can't I choose to renew more than 1 server at a time?

Neil
24-06-2014, 17:18
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
But I haven't received any invoices for IPs before today!

also, why aren't these payable via managerv3?
This first one is for the month of may and you can manage the payments via the new dedicated control, just click on the billing icon or pay the order associated with the invoice.

LawsHosting
24-06-2014, 17:11
But I haven't received any invoices for IPs before today!

also, why aren't these payable via managerv3?

Neil
24-06-2014, 17:05
Hi

LawsHosting
24-06-2014, 16:26
Well, I knew it wouldn't last long, 2 months free.... then... just received an invoice and paid for them... Has anyone else? Even if your server(s) cost above 75 euros?

What's more worrying, you can only pay via the link in the email, so if you don't receive it, you're screwed.

Wish he'd (Octave) stick to a decision long enough. I love the fact that he wants more money, yet offer none or crap support...

Would staff care to comment?

(I should grumble over at the KS forum, but most probably get a response next year)