OVH Community, your new community space.

Slooooowww....

Criot
08-07-2014, 01:44
Quote Originally Posted by elcct
So maybe it is just me - lately all my payments are marked as "manually processed" whatever that means. I have been a client for a few years and never had any trouble with payments, so I am not sure why is this.
I did have this issue with my VPS also but not with my Dedicated Servers (or IPs) - Shoot them an email, I did and I believe they've now marked my account so it no longer requires manual verification.

elcct
07-07-2014, 17:39
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
Correct, but the poster said 'extra servers' hence why I didn't mention new client.

Never been a problem for me personally with OVH servers, RIPE Blocks have always been delivered within a few minutes usually and same with servers, heck I've even ordered a server before which said 72 hours and got it a few minutes later.
So maybe it is just me - lately all my payments are marked as "manually processed" whatever that means. I have been a client for a few years and never had any trouble with payments, so I am not sure why is this.

Criot
07-07-2014, 16:53
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
Unless you're a new client....... verification.
Correct, but the poster said 'extra servers' hence why I didn't mention new client.

Not true. Last time I placed an order with OVH after 6pm (25th April - Friday) and they processed my payment next day around 1pm (26th Saturday) and I received my server about 30 minutes later.
So looks like sometimes there is someone working during the weekend, but that is hit or miss. When I ordered extra IP to that server my payment was acknowledged on Monday. This is not acceptable from business point perspective. I could understand such thing happening with SOS or Kimsufi, but not OVH that supposed to be professional...
Never been a problem for me personally with OVH servers, RIPE Blocks have always been delivered within a few minutes usually and same with servers, heck I've even ordered a server before which said 72 hours and got it a few minutes later.

elcct
07-07-2014, 14:16
Dedicated Servers from OVH are processed automatically I believe, I've always had my OVH servers delivered very fast and I've often ordered at times/days where their teams don't work, yet they've still been delivered within a matter of minutes.
Not true. Last time I placed an order with OVH after 6pm (25th April - Friday) and they processed my payment next day around 1pm (26th Saturday) and I received my server about 30 minutes later.
So looks like sometimes there is someone working during the weekend, but that is hit or miss. When I ordered extra IP to that server my payment was acknowledged on Monday. This is not acceptable from business point perspective. I could understand such thing happening with SOS or Kimsufi, but not OVH that supposed to be professional...

LawsHosting
07-07-2014, 14:11
Dedicated Servers from OVH are processed automatically I believe.
Unless you're a new client....... verification.

Criot
07-07-2014, 14:05
What if for example you have sudden spike of traffic during the weekend (unexpected event) and you need to order extra servers to accomodate more users? It looks like you can't do that in OVH during the weekend.
I had that sort of situation on Friday evening and needed extra server. Didn't want to gamble money on OVH, so ordered elsewhere and got it delivered in couple of minutes.
Lack of sales support is lack of technical support in this case.
Dedicated Servers from OVH are processed automatically I believe, I've always had my OVH servers delivered very fast and I've often ordered at times/days where their teams don't work, yet they've still been delivered within a matter of minutes.

elcct
07-07-2014, 13:20
Quote Originally Posted by wii89
24/7 is technical support only, Not sales support,
What if for example you have sudden spike of traffic during the weekend (unexpected event) and you need to order extra servers to accomodate more users? It looks like you can't do that in OVH during the weekend.
I had that sort of situation on Friday evening and needed extra server. Didn't want to gamble money on OVH, so ordered elsewhere and got it delivered in couple of minutes.
Lack of sales support is lack of technical support in this case.

heise
05-07-2014, 17:07
I got mine fast.

Criot
05-07-2014, 14:56
Quote Originally Posted by Millzee
Seriously, "no support" over weekends? wtf?

So on your home page you promise 24/7 support on your site yet in reality its 24/5

shouldn't you at least let your potential customers know this?
UK site shows Monday to Friday and doesn't show 24/7, however there is 24/7 incident support for all countries, incident support is support for basically when there's something wrong with your server (it's down, hardware failure etc).

wii89
05-07-2014, 14:54
Quote Originally Posted by Millzee

So on your home page you promise 24/7 support on your site yet in reality its 24/5

24/7 is technical support only, Not sales support,

Millzee
05-07-2014, 13:12

elcct
30-06-2014, 20:46
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

Do you have an order number?
GB239135
GB239128

I got IP addresses this morning anyway and that's bit late because I won't have time to play with them until next week.

Neil
30-06-2014, 10:20
Hi

Do you have an order number?

elcct
29-06-2014, 13:38
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
OVH support doesn't work weekends so nobody will be checking them.
So much for professional hosting

Andy
29-06-2014, 11:43
OVH support doesn't work weekends so nobody will be checking them.

elcct
28-06-2014, 21:15
I would understand such thing on SOS, but on OVH server? C'mon... I also ordered IP for SOS server to see which one gets first, SOS so far managed to send payment receipt, whilst OVH is silent...

elcct
28-06-2014, 16:10
Still nothing...

elcct
28-06-2014, 15:04
Hi OVH,

Why getting new IP addresses is so slow? Ordered about an hour ago and still not even an email acknowledging purchase...

Cheers