OVH Community, your new community space.

Major ISSUE

Andy
24-09-2008, 11:49
Quote Originally Posted by snJohn
how do you know this? speaking from experience?
Oles made a post about it some months ago, and one of my servers had this happen to it, but I never found out why, putting it back into HD mode and leaving it, its been fine since. Perhaps the system was faulty or the server was doing something it shouldn't for a short period of time, or even being attacked itself by someone else, I can't be sure.

snJohn
24-09-2008, 01:18
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
If the server is in rescue mode automatically, it means the server is breeching the TOS of OVH's services. E.G. Spamming, or other forms of abuse. It will be closed down automatically after so long so you should boot it back into HD mode and fix it right away.
how do you know this? speaking from experience?

snJohn
24-09-2008, 01:14
I had the same problem the other day, you will need to run e2fsck
to fix I ran:
df -h
to get the problem file system then ran:
e2fsck -y /whatever
'y' answers yes to everything, check here for more info:
http://linux.die.net/man/8/e2fsck

John

Andy
23-09-2008, 23:26
Quote Originally Posted by w00t
well it would appear the raid card is either been removed or dead so my friend as said.
It would never be removed, it will have failed.

w00t
23-09-2008, 23:25
well it would appear the raid card is either been removed or dead so my friend as said.

Andy
23-09-2008, 23:23
ive already mentioned that it wont boot into HD mode! lol! soon as its booted it goes back into rescue mode! it seems as tho no hdd is mounted on the server at all.

even in rescue mode. no hardrive is shown. if i had breached the TOS surelly i would have gotten an email warning me about this issue?
Yes you should have got an e-mail stating why it was put into rescue mode, but it doesn't get activated if no disk is detected... It sounds like something else is going on, possibly a hardware failure? I suggest logging into the manager and opening a ticket, so a technician can follow suite on the (I think 8 hour) hardware SLA.

w00t
23-09-2008, 23:17
ive already mentioned that it wont boot into HD mode! lol! soon as its booted it goes back into rescue mode! it seems as tho no hdd is mounted on the server at all.

even in rescue mode. no hardrive is shown. if i had breached the TOS surelly i would have gotten an email warning me about this issue?

Andy
23-09-2008, 23:07
If the server is in rescue mode automatically, it means the server is breeching the TOS of OVH's services. E.G. Spamming, or other forms of abuse. It will be closed down automatically after so long so you should boot it back into HD mode and fix it right away.

lol
23-09-2008, 22:18
Looks like the employees might need their consistencies checked.

Seriously though, did you try e2fsck?

w00t
23-09-2008, 21:55
ok so, so far so good with the helpful replys

lol!! im glad i can see the funny side of things!

slayer2005
23-09-2008, 21:44
ok so,

a server of mine as gone caput! lol. everythin was running perfect. next minute its offline. ok, not a problem. logged into manager, i see its in rescue mode! still not a problem, my friend must have rebooted it into rescue mode. i logged into the manager 15 mins later. rebooted the server in hd mode, ok seems ok. comes back for a split second, offline again, i contact my friend ask him if hes doing anythin regarding the server, he says no!

ok so i log into rescue mode. i check the syslog and see sumthin about running e2fsck, decided id wait as id never done it before and didnt wanna screw the system up any more.. my friend then appears online checks the server and he says the server as no hardrives in it

WTF?? I logged into the webpanel for rescue mode and again i see no hardrives. what the hellll??

i logged in via putty into rescue mode again and sfdisk -l and nothin... not a thing..

its like some 1 ran in the DC, took my drives out and did a runnin lol

any 1 any ideas?

Exellently put.
You really did make me LOL

rickyday
23-09-2008, 21:30
All your drives belong to us!!!!!

(Sorry not constructive, but couldnt resist! )

w00t
23-09-2008, 21:13
ok so,

a server of mine as gone caput! lol. everythin was running perfect. next minute its offline. ok, not a problem. logged into manager, i see its in rescue mode! still not a problem, my friend must have rebooted it into rescue mode. i logged into the manager 15 mins later. rebooted the server in hd mode, ok seems ok. comes back for a split second, offline again, i contact my friend ask him if hes doing anythin regarding the server, he says no!

ok so i log into rescue mode. i check the syslog and see sumthin about running e2fsck, decided id wait as id never done it before and didnt wanna screw the system up any more.. my friend then appears online checks the server and he says the server as no hardrives in it

WTF?? I logged into the webpanel for rescue mode and again i see no hardrives. what the hellll??

i logged in via putty into rescue mode again and sfdisk -l and nothin... not a thing..

its like some 1 ran in the DC, took my drives out and did a runnin lol

any 1 any ideas?