OVH Community, your new community space.

Moving from a KS to a OVH SP-64

Neil
03-07-2014, 17:01
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
So pre-sales questions get the same treatment as support? lol

I thought the UK and IE teams frequent here now? Therefore, quicker response times... Granted, you all need prioritise the phones, I get that, all I'm asking is for some clarification on transfers of IPs.

If I called, would I get a response?
Of course if you called you would get a response straight away, remember this not an official support channel.

If you have a Kimsufi in the OVH Control Panel, then you can move the IP(s) from the Kimsufi to the OVH Server.

LawsHosting
03-07-2014, 14:49
So pre-sales questions get the same treatment as support? lol

I thought the UK and IE teams frequent here now? Therefore, quicker response times... Granted, you all need prioritise the phones, I get that, all I'm asking is for some clarification on transfers of IPs.

If I called, would I get a response?

Criot
03-07-2014, 11:03
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
I know I moan about the shoddy shenanigans at OVH, however I'm seriously thinking of eventually getting my 2010 KS replaced with a SP-64 (even if the setup fee is laughable)......

So, questions..

1. As all my KS are all on ovh.co.uk managers, am I right in thinking I can keep all my FO & Ripes for free and transfer these to this new server? I hear you can? But I need 100% proof. I really need to keep these IPs.

2. I'm guessing these will then be free?

3. Will I get better support?? 24/7 1hr SLA?

Thanks
I believe you can transfer from the old OVH Manager to new OVH Servers, though would wait for staff confirmation on this. IPs on OVH ranges are not paid monthly, you just pay a 'setup fee' - I'd guess as you're transferring them you wouldn't need to make a payment for them.

In terms of support Hardware/Network support is available via Incident ticket 24/7 (something you don't have access to in Kimsufi/SYS) - From personal experience, Incident tickets are handled pretty good.

LawsHosting
03-07-2014, 10:50
Can staff shed some light plz....

(This is a pre-sales question about the "pro" servers after all )

heise
03-07-2014, 02:18
1. You can move FO & Ripe from Kimsufi to OVH. Maybe they will want a fee for moving.

2. Would make sense, that you don't need to pay for them a monthly fee - but OVH has to tell you.

3. Good question. Any one can tell us about OVH support quality?

LawsHosting
02-07-2014, 17:34
I know I moan about the shoddy shenanigans at OVH, however I'm seriously thinking of eventually getting my 2010 KS replaced with a SP-64 (even if the setup fee is laughable)......

So, questions..

1. As all my KS are all on ovh.co.uk managers, am I right in thinking I can keep all my FO & Ripes for free and transfer these to this new server? I hear you can? But I need 100% proof. I really need to keep these IPs.

2. I'm guessing these will then be free?

3. Will I get better support?? 24/7 1hr SLA?

Thanks