OVH Community, your new community space.

HDD Problem

heise
04-07-2014, 01:45
So I will need to install and confiugre evrything again ?
Of course. Take 50€/h as their cost. How will they pay a professional person to make your backups, with own dedicated hardware and restore everything afterwards. That's just not included in the calculation. It may be a nice idea, to offer such services as paid options, but they don't.

Servers are unmanaged, so you will need your adminto do the job.

Maki187
03-07-2014, 15:35
So I will need to install and confiugre evrything again ?
I alredy did hardware testing in rescue mode, but there were no errors.
I'm trying to do somthign abotu that for a month, but they need about 2 weeks to answer on that hdd issue. (I open ticket for other things, and I get resposne faster, but about hdd problem... I wait just too long).

Nuend0
03-07-2014, 14:37
Unfortunately they support the hardware only, so you run the risk of the data being wiped.

Back what you can up to the FTP provided, and get everything what won't fit downloaded elsewhere before they start working on it.

Good idea to boot into rescue mode and test the hardware (take screenshots of any errors found), and pass this to them when initiating support, as they'll probably ask you for this before anything is done anyway.

Maki187
03-07-2014, 13:57
Hi,

Sorry for my bad english.

I have some problems with my hdd for a month now (server just go to read only mode), i couldn't do anything with support for a month so far, so I want to ask here some quetions.

First, if they replace my hdd, will they move all data from old to new hdd , or I need to do taht ?
Will I need to reinstall whole system if they repalce bad hdd ?
If they don't move data, is there option to pay them to do it, as it's faster to they do it.

I hope they will move just all data..
There is constantly some problem with this server, about 5 months ago, there was problem with motherboard, so they replaced it, and now there is HDD problem.. and all that is making my clients angry, I use it for Game servers, so evry second is importnant for them.